United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the idea is to make the idiots who sit in traffic jams clogging up the world decide whether they want to pay more to be a lemming or whether they want to get off their lazy £#%&!ing arses and stop being so selfish

we've all breathed in enough shit that it doesn't really matter to us. but think of the children ffs

this is a plea on behalf of the future of humankind

though I'm not sure our genes are really worth trying to save

well yours, anyway...
If it's that important, why are the expanding Heathrow? Because it will make them money, it's nothing to do with the environment. If the environment was in as much risk as they make out, why did Tony Blair allow George Bush to act the @#%&! in all the negotiations and not agree to anything? Tony's got kids. It's all about money, it always was and always will be. They use fear to justify it, whether that's communists, terrorists or something we really can't say we've beaten, mother nature.

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:05 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the idea is to make the idiots who sit in traffic jams clogging up the world decide whether they want to pay more to be a lemming or whether they want to get off their lazy £#%&!ing arses and stop being so selfish

we've all breathed in enough shit that it doesn't really matter to us. but think of the children ffs

this is a plea on behalf of the future of humankind

though I'm not sure our genes are really worth trying to save

well yours, anyway...
you don't have a car, do you?

nft.

Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
A fraction? How about 17.5% of the price of the car when it's new? As for emissions, charge them an annual fee for using the car and charge that according to emissions. When we have this, will you be satisfied and let public transport pay for it's own upgrades?

By now you've probably realised we pay VAT on new cars and an annual car tax based on emissions before we even put the petrol in that's 80% tax. They've run out of ways to charge the motorist so they're inventing new ones.

Next they'll link it into the NHS and say that X millions are spent each year treating accident victims and charge us again. Then we'll pay because the day has a Y in it. It's a pissing joke.
the roads are at saturation point with traffic in most cities

if it cuts down traffic and gets people onto public transport to reduce pollution is that so bad?

and if you still want to drive it generates money for an ailing road and transport network

OHRED1

Wink Dick

Jock @#%&! can afford it the money we pay him

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Spiffy

They should build more roads. Look what the M60 has done for motorway traffic. Loads more dual carriageways, motorways and an underground private road from my house to work. We've paid for the £#%&!ers many times over.

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
the roads are at saturation point with traffic in most cities

if it cuts down traffic and gets people onto public transport to reduce pollution is that so bad?

and if you still want to drive it generates money for an ailing road and transport network
Why not execute every tenth person in a car? Why should they be allowed to use any stick. If they want us to catch the bus, make it more appealing, don't make the car less appealing. They're in power to make life better for us. If they can't they should £#%&! off.

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHRED1
Jock @#%&! can afford it the money we pay him
who does the username belong to?

would you only accept ideas or endorsements from people on lower income than you?

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:11 PM
El Calafate

New Airport Terminals to be paid for by Ferry Users.

Cadburys to pay for new Mars Factory

Pepsi Co. to help distribute Coca Cola to India

El Calafate to pay for someone else's Council Tax

£#%&! me!

nft.

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Why not execute every tenth person in a car? Why should they be allowed to use any stick. If they want us to catch the bus, make it more appealing, don't make the car less appealing. They're in power to make life better for us. If they can't they should £#%&! off.
thats what they're gonna spend your money on

your money (as in you personally) will specifically be funding a luxury route from Rochdale via Middleton, free booze and skag for scrotes, detour to the garden city for a a quick once round the block with the gobbler

its a pretty good plan to be fair

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
New Airport Terminals to be paid for by Ferry Users.

Cadburys to pay for new Mars Factory

Pepsi Co. to help distribute Coca Cola to India

El Calafate to pay for someone else's Council Tax

£#%&! me!

nft.
so booze, cigartette and fuel taxes should only be spent on...

to fund education we better start taxing children and their clothes etc how dare they escape VAT!

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
thats what they're gonna spend your money on

your money (as in you personally) will specifically be funding a luxury route from Rochdale via Middleton, free booze and skag for scrotes, detour to the garden city for a a quick once round the block with the gobbler

its a pretty good plan to be fair
Not my money mate, I live outside the zone and work in Chester. I'm outraged on behalf of my fellow Mancs back home in Middleton (where I grew up, not live).

HTH.

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Not my money mate, I live outside the zone and work in Chester. I'm outraged on behalf of my fellow Mancs back home in Middleton (where I grew up, not live).

HTH.
not really

cheers all the same

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Spiffy

Quote:

to fund education we better start taxing children and their clothes etc how dare they escape VAT!
If they spent all the money the motorist pays on road improvements, we'd all have our own roads by now. No one is saying spend it all but ffs spend some of it and don't increase the burden to pay for something else. It's not as if they've said no car tax, just the congestion charge. It's always on top and they do it all the £#%&!ing time. If we leave it to people like you we'll all be spending our wages just to go to work for big American corporations who own us. It's supposed to be a free country. Our politicians get paid a £#%&!ing fortune. Is it too much to ask that they come up with a better suggestion than taxing us to £#%&!, again?

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:18 PM
El Calafate

Quote:

i'm happy that they're going to improve transport in greater manchester. i just think it fairer that everyone pays for it. not just the motorist.

nft.

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:19 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
If they spent all the money the motorist pays on road improvements, we'd all have our own roads by now. No one is saying spend it all but ffs spend some of it and don't increase the burden to pay for something else. It's not as if they've said no car tax, just the congestion charge. It's always on top and they do it all the £#%&!ing time. If we leave it to people like you we'll all be spending our wages just to go to work for big American corporations who own us. It's supposed to be a free country. Our politicians get paid a £#%&!ing fortune. Is it too much to ask that they come up with a better suggestion than taxing us to £#%&!, again?
its also a barrier to encourage an environmental improvement is it not?

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:22 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
oh, so this is a green tax? sorry i thought it was to improve public transport. make your mind up!

nft.

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
oh, so this is a green tax? sorry i thought it was to improve public transport. make your mind up!

nft.
improving public transport to encourage taking the bus/train and reducing road users in that way is environmentally sound is it not?

some further text

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
You can spin it a lot of ways. They've put the price of petrol up so people don't go out as much and spend more time with their families, to reduce the deaths on the roads or to say that they are doing it for a laugh. The common demoninator with every "problem" New Labour has identified is that the solution is more taxation. It's like a badly written film with the end all too predictable. We get the charge, we pay a load, they up the charge, they up it again and then they tell us we're @#%&!s. Can't wait for the sequel. I expect it'll be set in some kind of Escape from New York style land because by then we'll all be £#%&!ed and only the Duke will have chandeliers in hs car. Save our chandeliers, vote no.

dodger

Quote:

HTH.
Is this NIMBYism gone wrong? You've surpassed yourself here. 10/10.

Zorg

Quote:
getting married soon
nft.
"I do. Nft."

I'm assuming she's deaf?
Closed Thread