United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
VDS - looked dodgy, flapping at crosses, losing his footing

The good news is we got a point from a game that we could just as easily lost.
VDS was the reason we got a draw.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Yep. He was excellent, again. Can't remember him looking dodgy at any point. Even at the point where he slipped, he was composed and clever enough to get the ball safe.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:02 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
That's LMC all over though, isn't it?

£#%&! the many great saves, remember the 'loss of footing'.

He's a £#%&!ing sad @#%&!.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Rossobianchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
That's LMC all over though, isn't it?

£#%&! the many great saves, remember the 'loss of footing'.

He's a £#%&!ing sad @#%&!.
Correct.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Collectively the team didn't perform, if you disagree with that statement they you have no business commenting on football.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Yep. He was excellent, again. Can't remember him looking dodgy at any point. Even at the point where he slipped, he was composed and clever enough to get the ball safe.
VDS was very good again.

That said he parried that freekick from Alves straight into the six-yard box which made me have horrible memories from past disasters....

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:26 AM
S/Side.Red

The save from Downing in the first half was world class. Very strange to be having a go at VDS.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Rossobianchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
VDS was very good again.

That said he parried that freekick from Alves straight into the six-yard box which made me have horrible memories from past disasters....
It would be a very very good save if he could keep hold of that, recovered well.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:28 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Collectively the team didn't perform, if you disagree with that statement they you have no business commenting on football.
and you have no business being able to breathe without the aid of a machine....

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossobianchi
It would be a very very good save if he could keep hold of that, recovered well.
Not saying he should have kept hold of it, more that he should try and get the ball away from straight in front of the goal.

He's got a bit of a history of this, and it's probably his only flaw as a keeper.

Unread 07-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Rossobianchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Not saying he should have kept hold of it, more that he should try and get the ball away from straight in front of the goal.

He's got a bit of a history of this, and it's probably his only flaw as a keeper.
Yeah i know.

It was hit at him in a awkward place kind of in the middle so would be even harder to tip to the side a decent fre kick now i think about it.

I know what you mean IE: Roma, Pompey (Richardsons fault )

Unread 07-04-2008, 08:56 AM
keano's love

I have said it in the past and I will again say it.

Tevez is a glorified 20m Kuyt who offers the same thing as kuyt does to liverpool. difference being often rooney and ronaldo mask his short comings where as there was no one to do this with kuyt for a long time until torres came along.

Hopefully ferguson sees sense and doesn't make tevez contract a permanent one. get an actual striker and we will be better off with it.

Unread 07-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Whalefish

We'd still only have two strikers you plank. The club have already agreed to make his deal permanent.

Kuyt would love to be half as good as Tevez btw.

Forum makes me piss everytime Utd don't win 2/3/4-0. A player has to get slagged. The defence has an absolute stinker yet some single out an ineffective attacker. Apart from 2 players yesterday not one player deserves their wages but that happens in football. Still we get threads singling out players.

If he was so bad yesterday, and he was poor, his workrate for the first 45mins was still miles ahead of Giggs. I'd be extremely worried if I was Ryan if he still can't contribute much when such a shit player (as Sharath likes to paint him) was better.

Edit: Go on and mention Manucho and Campbell btw. Latter may get a chance with the seven subs next season, the former is very unlikely to get a permit. If he does, there's your Summer striker signing.

Unread 07-04-2008, 09:11 AM
keano's love

take your red tinted glass. giggs was much better than tevez. his movement. tevez was absolute £#%&!. thats the reason he was taken off and giggs stayed on.

this is not the first time tevez is off when we needed a goal. because with him on the pitch, our chances of a goal are reduced!!

I doubt he will start any more matches bar the last 2 and roma at home after this. which is very good tbh.

Unread 07-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Whalefish

Red tinted glasses? Get to £#%&! you absolute spanner.

Fergie had two chances to take off the utterly woeful Giggs yesterday and he bottled it. Tevez's workrate for the first half can't be faulted and I said elsewhere he was poor yesterday but Ryan's performance was shocking. Any pass when we attacked was short and slowed us down. Don't believe me, watch it again. Also the lay off to Scholes in the penalty area and his failure to react to Park's pass pretty much summed him up. Shite.

Unread 07-04-2008, 09:17 AM
keano's love

I have watched it again

Unread 07-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Whalefish

Of course you have.

I want a striker as much as the next person but I don't consider Tevez a problem or a bad player to have in the squad. He's hardly done £#%&! all this season to warrant some of the abuse thrown at him. Factor in fatigue from playing football pretty much non stop for two years I'd say he's done more than enough. Needs to step up away from home though.

My concern is the options available in the Summer. It's pretty £#%&!ing awful when it comes to attacking talent. Ajax demanding £25million for Huntelaar when they'd allegedly agreed to deal with Utd last Summer for £14million. Absolute madness. He's a good player and the type of finisher we need but for that fee? Do me a £#%&!ing favour.

Unread 07-04-2008, 09:37 AM
S/Side.Red

Fergie probably would have taken Giggs off had Rio's injury not used up his last substitution.

Tevez was poor but to say he offers no goalthreat is just stupid.

Unread 07-04-2008, 09:53 AM
muotmc

The one thing I find frustrating with Tevez is his tendancy to hold onto the ball for too long.

His closing down, energy and hustling are fine but when he has the ball, whilst moving forward, he usually contributes to the breakdown of any attacking threat by not shifting the ball quick enough before he's crowded out by the defence.
Closed Thread