United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-10-2010, 03:37 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
evra has been slowly rediscovering his form after that car crash of a world cup.
I hadn't noticed.

Unread 26-10-2010, 03:37 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Played well on Sunday - just in time for his former club this weekend
I was joking, ofcourse. He's been excellent all season, whether he's scored or not.....I just hope the scoring run he was on wasn't a false start in that respect. Would like to see him back amongst the goals asap and keep that tally ticking over.

Unread 26-10-2010, 03:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Depends how long a period of time we're talking. Coz if it ain't much then it's just form. For someone to have 'gone shit' they surely have to be have been shit for longer than this season.

Evra, Rooney, Fletcher haven't gone shit, they're just off form and all have still had their moments this season.

Whereas Carrick has been shit for about 18 months. Evans form over the last 6 months is also average at best (but it's all part of his learning process). I'd have O'Shea in there, but he's been shit longer than he's been good.
Struggling to see Rooney's this season - on the pitch at any rate.

Unread 26-10-2010, 03:39 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I hadn't noticed.
Didn't see Hernandez's winner at the weekend then?

I thought he played pretty well on Sunday. He's clearly off form, but is slowly getting it together and genuinely working hard to put it right. His head hasn't gone down.

Unread 26-10-2010, 03:40 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Struggling to see Rooney's this season - on the pitch at any rate.
Although low on confidence throughout, I think he's had an impact on some games. Not much though, ofcourse.

My overall point remains

Unread 26-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Cream

so Evra was in tip top form last season then?

refresh my mammories.....

Unread 26-10-2010, 03:45 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Didn't see Hernandez's winner at the weekend then?

I thought he played pretty well on Sunday. He's clearly off form, but is slowly getting it together and genuinely working hard to put it right. His head hasn't gone down.

Fair shout for the goal but he was terrible while defending, despite only playing at left back for 15 minutes.

I don't doubt he's working hard, he £#%&!ing well should be too. I'll be more than happy when he's back to form but it seems a long way off.

Evra's lucky in that his face fits with the fans, a lot of other players would be getting a a proper slagging by now.

Unread 26-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Coracao

I'm not surprised that Evra has been struggling. He is one of the few players who rarely ever has a break out of the side. The only games he misses are the Carling Cup, and when the FA decide to ban him.

Unread 26-10-2010, 04:09 PM
andyroo

Maybe he should @#%&! a few more groundsmen then.

Unread 26-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
Who are our GSP's?

I nominate:

Evra

Carrick

Park

Anderson you could argue still has time to improve. O'Shea, er.... Rooney you think just needs a goal or two and to settle his off the field shit down. But those three have no such excuses.

Either it's psychological or they've lost it physically.
I would'nt put, Evra in that list.

Unread 26-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Evra had been playing shit, but there are signs of revival.

Carrick though I'm extremely discouraged by.

Jonny Evans, what the £#%&! happened there? This time last year Drogba didn't faze him, now he's getting monstered by the likes of Elmander.

Also Park was never quite this shit.
Each time, Evans is selected im reduced too a nervous wreck, irregardless of who oppocission happen too be & I hope he proves me wrong as this season wears on but sadly I doubt it very much.

Unread 26-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

second half of last season carrick got himself right back in the groove. it was the CL that £#%&!ed his confidence back up, first getting that stupid red in milan, then united winning the 2nd leg 4-0. in between those games he did ok, but that scoreline gave Ferguson pause for thought. when carrick then played badly in munich to the point where, eventually, ferguson brought on a second striker, it looked bad for him. he then got the blame for the 2nd leg and that was pretty much that. doubt getting overlooked in SA did his confidence or morale much good either considering he still had to watch england from the bench.

got an injury early this season which has inhibited his progress.

Unread 26-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Stretters

Argentina

Unread 26-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Louise

I LOVE Evra but even I have to admit he's been pretty crap this season. Think he'll be back on form soon enough. Rooney needs a goal. Carrick needs to £#%&! off...

Unread 26-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louise
I LOVE Evra but even I have to admit he's been pretty crap this season. Think he'll be back on form soon enough. Rooney needs a goal. Carrick needs to £#%&! off...
Get your rat out.

Unread 26-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Get your rat out.
what possible good can come from referring to the female genitalia in such a fashion?

same with stuff like 'beef curtains' and 'hairy pie'

it puzzles me, it really does.

Unread 26-10-2010, 07:03 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
yep. thing is, it was ridiculously knee-jerk to start slagging a player off because of a bit of bad form after 3 years of excellence. since that bad form has lasted the best part of a season it's a bit different now.
Couldnt disagree more re. knee jerk. IMO you could see a mile off he was shot.

Unread 26-10-2010, 07:16 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Park's always been a very effective member of the squad in certain fixtures.
He's had some great moments in the shirt too - key goals against Arsenal, a winner against Liverpool & some good European performances.

This season though, I would agree that he's been absolutely terrible.
No more effective than any professional athlete would be imo

Unread 26-10-2010, 07:16 PM
magic_cantona

I think reem is our celebrity Red.

A comedian of sorts.Evra ffs

World class for years, has a holomare of a World Cup and is made a national scapegoat, comes back exhausted so it's no wonder his form for this season started off being poor.It's clear he's getting back to being his usual world class self again though.

Park has been poor when given a chance tbh, and I've defended him for years, but I still wouldn't call him 'shit'.Same goes for Carrick, but he's much more of a confidence player.Needs a decent run tbf.

Unread 26-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Cream

i like your confidence in our troubled players, Magic.
Closed Thread