United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Part 36 Offer

Default Fletcher in team of the week

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=403483

Courtesy of the Actim Index.

Well in Darren, about time the lad got a bit of credit.

Has done very well when called upon this season.

Evra also makes the team.

Unread 14-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Part 36 Offer

Darren Fletcher and Patrice Evra have both been included in the Premier League's Team of the Week following their performances against Charlton on Saturday.

The team is decided on by Actim Index statistics, which rates players on elements like shots on goals, successful passes, tackles and clearances.

Actim Index awards points for having an impact on matches and 23-year-old Scottish midfielder Fletcher was ranked the second best player last week.

Evra has impressed this season after settling in England and in the Premiership. Defensively he has been rock solid, but his ability to get forward and contribute in attack is a major attribute, as was the case on Saturday when he set up Ji-sung Park's opener against Charlton.

Reading, United's opponents in the FA Cup on Saturday, also have two players in the Team of the Week; Steve Sidwell - last week's top scorer - and goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann.

Team of the Week: Marcus Hahnemann (Reading); Noe Pamarot (Portsmouth), Glen Johnson (Portsmouth), Zat Knight (Fulham), Patrice Evra (United); Darren Fletcher (United), Steve Sidwell (Reading), Mikel Arteta (Everton), Pedro Mendes (Portsmouth); Didier Drogba (Chelsea), Obafemi Martins (Newcastle).

Unread 14-02-2007, 12:43 PM
antonin jablonsky

I've looked at that team as a whole and suspect that the Actim Index isn't the best measure of quality of performance.

Unread 14-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I've looked at that team as a whole and suspect that the Actim Index isn't the best measure of quality of performance.

Goals.

Tackles.

Clearances.

Successful passes.

Unread 14-02-2007, 12:48 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Goals.

Tackles.

Clearances.

Successful passes.
I think scoring a goal from midfield pretty much guarantees a place. You know what with Fletcher providing none of the others.

Unread 14-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Skag Trendy

Good stuff,always good to see a United player get credit.

Unread 14-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I think scoring a goal from midfield pretty much guarantees a place. You know what with Fletcher providing none of the others.

Successful passes.

Unread 14-02-2007, 12:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Successful passes.
Does it judge how far said "succesful passes" go? Fletchers absolute limit is 10 yards. Now I watched the game and Fletcher was mediocre.

Unread 14-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy

Agreed mate.

Unread 14-02-2007, 12:52 PM
violater

fletcher has come up with the most important goal this season imo..

the away one at middlesborough and was probably our best player againt liverpool

Gog Coch

Tsk tsk he he

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
He'll never really be a United player. He's just passing through on his way to his destiny, struggling to get into a lower half PL side.

Unread 14-02-2007, 12:53 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™

the away one at middlesborough and was probably our best player againt liverpool
Against Liverpool he made 3 good tackles, his only 3 of the season, early in and did little else.

Unread 14-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Does it judge how far said "succesful passes" go? Fletchers absolute limit is 10 yards. Now I watched the game and Fletcher was mediocre.

Simple but very effective.

Does a pass have to exceed 10 yards for it to be deemed any good?

Unread 14-02-2007, 12:55 PM
violater

Quote:
Against Liverpool he made 3 good tackles, his only 3 of the season, early in and did little else.
who asked for your stupid opinion?

Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Good lad.

That goal against boro could turn out to be absolutely crucial.

He also scored a cracker against Charlton.

Gog Coch

Quote:

Yes if it goes to a United player..from either side. By the way we are in Metres these days

Unread 14-02-2007, 12:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Not exactly but I can't think of a player who can be considered anything other than mediocre whose ability does not stretch beyond this at all.

Unread 14-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Not exactly but I can't think of a player who can be considered anything other than mediocre whose ability does not stretch beyond this at all.

What did you think of Fletcher when he first came on the scene?

Unread 14-02-2007, 12:58 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
who asked for your stupid opinion?
Carrick - worst player in our entire squad
Richardson - Quality winger

Your opinions and you call mine stupid? Just £#%&! off to one of you homophobic hate meetings you silly @#%&!.
Closed Thread