Unread 11-02-2007, 10:41 PM
tatty

Default Two football questions that are troubling me this sunday evening

1. Do Premiership sides have a new strip every game? I can remember the
dippers strip having pinkish piping where the red had run into the white on
a hot wash.

2. Why don't players @#%&! each other more often after the game? For
example Wigans keeper was much bigger than Henry so why didn't he
smack him in the gob after the match, I would.

Unread 11-02-2007, 10:43 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Was thinking that as well.

@#%&!s should be @#%&!ted for acting like that

Unread 11-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

Kirkland .

He'd have broken his own wrist and dislocated his shoulder.

Unread 11-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Grimson

1. I think many do have a new strip available, given that players frequently swap shirts after matches. Not all though. I know Reading told their keeper to stop throwing his shirt to the crowd after games because of the cost, so he started buying then himself from the club shop so he could keep doing it.

2. They probably know the punishment would be severe, something like a 10 match ban at the least. I remember Paul Davis of Arsenal @#%&!ting someone and getting a 9-match ban.

Unread 11-02-2007, 10:50 PM
TreeFiddy

Football should be more like ice hockey when it comes to fighting. A little scrap now and then would stop little shits like Fabregas mouthing off to big bastards like Heskey.

These orange-tanned, continental panzies would have to think twice about giving it the "I'm hard" if they thought they may actually get a beating for it.

Unread 12-02-2007, 12:58 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Football should be more like ice hockey when it comes to fighting. A little scrap now and then would stop little shits like Fabregas mouthing off to big bastards like Heskey.

These orange-tanned, continental panzies would have to think twice about giving it the "I'm hard" if they thought they may actually get a beating for it.
i concur.

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Coracao

I hope Heny celebrates in front of Andrew Cole, hopefully he'll unleash like he did a few years ago

Sad state in football that no one has leathered the @#%&!.

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:05 AM
penguin1

Quote:
Hahaha. I immediately had an image in my mind of Winterburn squaring up to di Canio after the ref hit the deck. When di Canio looked him in the eye, Winterburn went to hide behind the ref.
Winterburn would have also made an identi-kit liverpool player.

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:08 AM
Zorg

Manchester United change their strip officially every 12 minutes, and are the only team ever to change strip in the history of football. They also send armed Einsatzgruppen to the suburbs of Manchester to force parents to buy said strips.

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:11 AM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Manchester United change their strip officially every 12 minutes, and are the only team ever to change strip in the history of football. They also send armed Einsatzgruppen to the suburbs of Manchester to force parents to buy said strips.
WUM

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:12 AM
Grimson

Quote:

I don't think he was talking about having a new kit design for each match, rather brand-new shirts (of the same design) for the players to wear for each match.

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:19 AM
poppy

It was Glenn #@&%!erill by the way. Got his jaw broke. A sneaky punch from behind when he wasn't looking.

Glenn #@&%!erill only has three fingers on one hand by the way.

He had a full five when he was still playing.

True story.

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:23 AM
Grimson

Didn't know that re: #@&%!erill's digits. I did remember it was him though. The strange thing was that up until that punch, Paul Davis was one of the most gentlemanly and sporting players Arsenal have had before or since.

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:24 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

I don't think he was talking about having a new kit design for each match, rather brand-new shirts (of the same design) for the players to wear for each match.
I know but I only realised as I pressed post and thought '£#%&! it'

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:26 AM
Grimson

Quote:
I know but I only realised as I pressed post and thought '£#%&! it'
We've all been there.

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:31 AM
denis lawless

shape of shirts to come...changing and scrolling sponsorship

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:32 AM
poppy

Quote:
Didn't know that re: #@&%!erill's digits. I did remember it was him though. The strange thing was that up until that punch, Paul Davis was one of the most gentlemanly and sporting players Arsenal have had before or since.
Always liked Davis. Had a strolling elegance and time on the ball. And he wore rubber studs a lot with white soles (Puma King if I'm not mistaken). Influenced me into getting a pair of Mundials.

Did you know he lost part of his ear in a car crash a few years ago?

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:34 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
Did you know he lost part of his ear in a car crash a few years ago?
First elaborate on the #@&%!erill missing fingers story. I can't keep track of all these missing footballer parts.

Unread 12-02-2007, 01:37 AM
poppy

Quote:
First elaborate on the #@&%!erill missing fingers story. I can't keep track of all these missing footballer parts.
Diabetes apparently.

Unread 12-02-2007, 02:29 AM
Rex7

Quote:

I take it you haven't seen ice hockey lately...its becoming more and more like football by the day. Fights are getting more rare by the day.
Closed Thread