United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Don Stuarte

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I've made an agreement with myself regarding OT atmosphere. The day we play music after we score is the day I hang up my moody black coat.
Mine is when we sign David James - so I reckon you will be out of the door before me

Unread 19-11-2008, 05:17 PM
down in M33

I hate the stand up song...not only is it a crap song...the new ST holders near me that feel this is the perfect opportunity to show they are TOP REDS bellowing and looking round as if to say how £#%&!ing good am I!
Also the lad behind me jabs me in the ribs sayin ere aahh come on get up at which point I yelp like a girl. Annoying!!

Unread 19-11-2008, 05:36 PM
stax

hate - stand up
really hate - who are ya
really, really, really £#%&!ing hate - when people shout SHOOT whenever anyone gets the ball 25 yards out

Unread 19-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
hate - stand up
really hate - who are ya
really, really, really £#%&!ing hate - when people shout SHOOT whenever anyone gets the ball 25 yards out

'Handball' has me fuming

Unread 19-11-2008, 05:41 PM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
'Handball' has me fuming
...and that

Unread 19-11-2008, 06:25 PM
stella118

Quote:
Originally Posted by down in M33
I hate the stand up song...not only is it a crap song...the new ST holders near me that feel this is the perfect opportunity to show they are TOP REDS bellowing and looking round as if to say how £#%&!ing good am I!
Also the lad behind me jabs me in the ribs sayin ere aahh come on get up at which point I yelp like a girl. Annoying!!
You dont sit in the East Stand by any chance

Unread 19-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stuarte
£#%&! me what a bunch of JCLs

We started singing it in 93 when the "Go West" song was redone by the Pet Shop Boys and it kind of coincided with stewards throwing people out for standing up. So whoever said it is a "£#%&! off" to the stewards is correct

The tune got hijacked by every tom dick and harry and so did the stand up sentiment.

Now all you new reds are mocking it trying to be cool.

Well you arent - it was relevant in its day, maybe not so much anymore but it certainly wasnt a "muppets chant" 15 years ago.

Sitting down and being champions was a new thing to us back then
You are correct in a couple of your points here but no one is trying to be cool.

It's a shite chant and sounds £#%&!, so it's shit. For no other reason.

JCL's

Do they sing it at Gigg Lane?

Unread 19-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Don Stuarte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
You are correct in a couple of your points here but no one is trying to be cool.

It's a shite chant and sounds £#%&!, so it's shit. For no other reason.

JCL's

Do they sing it at Gigg Lane?

Stop following me around the forum.

Its getting embarrassing for you now - people keep PMing me about it and I dont really know what to tell them.

EDIT - and seriously, what the £#%&! are you looking at when you "visit" my profile.

Nothing has changed much on there since the last time you looked

Unread 19-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Argentina

Flags and scarfers are great atmosphere stuff. Just look at pics from 77 FA Cup Final and the such like. Top stuff.

I remember being at West Brom in the Worthless Cup in December 03. Lost 3-0. Shite music after every goal.
Closed Thread