United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-12-2017, 10:53 PM
£#%&! KFC

Martial was awful today probably still sulking from the admittedly wrong decision to hook him at Arsenal

needs to do a lot more but maybe a run as a main striker is the answer

but we all know that's not going to be at United not when he's paid £75million for Lukaku

Unread 10-12-2017, 10:55 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Should be given a chance up top, for sure, but now Ibra's back and having £#%&!ed all that cash on Lukaku, I just don't see Jose giving him a chance. Still only 22 though, and has the talent to truly shine with the right team mates and set up.
Knowing Mourinho, people giving the donkey grief will only make him more determined to play him every game.

Unread 10-12-2017, 11:01 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Martial was awful today probably still sulking from the admittedly wrong decision to hook him at Arsenal

needs to do a lot more but maybe a run as a main striker is the answer

but we all know that's not going to be at United not when he's paid £75million for Lukaku
His kite was a picture. The face that says 'I want to be the main homme'.

Well...

Unread 10-12-2017, 11:25 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Another overhyped #@&%! who does it when he wants to.

Unread 11-12-2017, 12:06 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Put your snides away and answer the question.

Should he, the young, LVG starlet, be starting striker for Manchester United?
Not sniding. I love the lad; he, Rashford and Pogba are talents that give hope for the future. But even if he’s not playing in his best position - and most would agree he’s better off the left - he can’t use that as an excuse to be below par.

I suspect he wasn’t thrilled with his role today, but if he’s going to be a top player he still needs to raise that bottom level regardless of what else is going on. Don’t want him ending up one of those players who only turns it on when he fancies it.

But I’d play him every week. The talent is worth investing in.

Unread 11-12-2017, 01:45 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not sniding. I love the lad; he, Rashford and Pogba are talents that give hope for the future. But even if he’s not playing in his best position - and most would agree he’s better off the left - he can’t use that as an excuse to be below par.

I suspect he wasn’t thrilled with his role today, but if he’s going to be a top player he still needs to raise that bottom level regardless of what else is going on. Don’t want him ending up one of those players who only turns it on when he fancies it.

But I’d play him every week. The talent is worth investing in.
We did. A lot.

It’s not his talent or potential that’s in question, it’s his mentality and ethic. If he worked him socks off he would be playing every game, nqat.

Unread 11-12-2017, 01:50 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
We did. A lot.

It’s not his talent or potential that’s in question, it’s his mentality and ethic. If he worked him socks off he would be playing every game, nqat.
Many of the best attacking players don’t work their socks off. It’s about being productive in the final third. He will always look a bit lazy, but if he’s doing what he did against Watford and Arsenal nobody will care.

Unread 11-12-2017, 01:56 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Well, there's the derby out of the way.

No excuses now. We need to start playing like a United side, week in, week out.

If Lukaku was the finished article, someone who could hold the ball up like Hughes, we'd be ok. But he's absolutely £#%&!ing terrible.

He's also not scoring goals.

Put him on the subs bench and make Martial the main striker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
The amount of times Lingard was running ahead of him to close em down. He’s too big to be Mobile.
Does the Orford waif wave both his arms though when he loses the ball?

Unread 11-12-2017, 08:19 AM
Kangared

No. He’s not strong enough mentally or physically. The most naturally gifted of our attackers but a heart the size of a half sucked tic tac & shit with his back to goal
Rom has been starved of service recently. His goal record speaks for itself. Don’t know what you all expected from him

Unread 11-12-2017, 08:34 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Rom has been starved of service recently. His goal record speaks for itself. Don’t know what you all expected from him
Two assists for them was a big hard to take

Unread 11-12-2017, 08:52 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Two assists for them was a big hard to take
1st was a foul on him , 2nd was a poor mistake. The chance he had he was a bitb unlucky . He wasn’t great but nowhere near deserving the level of hate I have seen on here

Unread 11-12-2017, 09:04 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
No. He’s not strong enough mentally or physically. The most naturally gifted of our attackers but a heart the size of a half sucked tic tac & shit with his back to goal
Being able to fend off players much smaller and skinnier, trap a football, spot a pass, win headers, and finish even if he only has one or two chances in a game. I get the service to him has been shocking, but he’s such a clumsy, stumbling oaf it’s hard to watch.

Unread 11-12-2017, 09:12 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yeah. Martial was poor anyway tbf and if he’s going to be a top player his bottom level needs to be higher. Sometimes you’re asked to play in positions that don’t suit you, but your game shouldn’t completely go down the pan. But the deployment of him was disappointing.
Maybe high heeled boots would do the trick?

Unread 11-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Being able to fend off players much smaller and skinnier, trap a football, spot a pass, win headers, and finish even if he only has one or two chances in a game. I get the service to him has been shocking, but he’s such a clumsy, stumbling oaf it’s hard to watch.
He did all these things at Arsenal & Watford & he is going at better than a goal every 2 games despite this barren run .

Unread 11-12-2017, 08:35 PM
MUFC One Love

He's brilliant atm. Seems to have matured and seems more content. He has said last season he was distracted off the pitch. I'd consider playing Rashford central. Him, Rashford and Lingard could be a very good trio.

Unread 11-12-2017, 08:53 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Another overhyped #@&%! who does it when he wants to.
I could eat a bowl of Alphabetti Spaghetti and shit more sense about football honestly.

Unread 11-12-2017, 08:55 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
I could eat a bowl of Alphabetti Spaghetti and shit more sense about football honestly.

Unread 11-12-2017, 09:09 PM
irk

Quote:

Unread 11-12-2017, 09:33 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:05 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Closed Thread