United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-12-2017, 08:30 PM
utd99

Mourinho cannot reasonably be judged until three years in the job given the mess he inherited.

Unread 09-12-2017, 08:31 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Mourinho cannot reasonably be judged until three years in the job given the mess he inherited.
He’s doing a terrible job at the moment though. Second in the table. Best position since Fergie left. Second top scorers.

Get Louis back in.

Unread 09-12-2017, 08:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Don’t disagree - the club’s a mess, has been for ages and long term, we could end up just throwing cash around like the oil club’s currently do.You’ll remember how castigated I was for questioning United’s academy a couple of years ago and pointing to the huge investment city were putting into theirs. It was a reference to how shite our long term/succession management was. I’m confident city’s investment will pay off sooner rather than later whereas we appear to be a reactive club good at promoting our brand but a bit clueless everywhere else.

That said, I think a manger like mou is right for now just to arrest the decline - but behind him should be a club preparing for the next manager and the one after that. Get the feeling we are only looking at new brand opps though
Agree and always felt the reaction to your academy point was harsh. Notice our U23 side are in the relegation zone now. Tuanzebe looks great and hope for Gomez but is there much else coming through? From what I hear City have got absurd talent on the way pencilled in for next season. Have to wait and see obviously but it’s a major concern. No way this United board is up on that side of things.

Unread 09-12-2017, 08:33 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
He’s doing a terrible job at the moment though. Second in the table. Best position since Fergie left. Second top scorers.

Get Louis back in.
Might be the best job he’s ever done tbh. Van Gaal turned us into a laughing stock.

Unread 09-12-2017, 08:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Get Louis back in.
Van Gaal went top of the table a little over two years ago. While in a decent position in the CL group. Knives were still being sharpened and he was blamed for the lack of goals in doing so. Even though things hadn’t gone sour, it was actually the moment I realised he wasn’t going to make it here

Unread 09-12-2017, 08:45 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Might be the best job he’s ever done tbh. Van Gaal turned us into a laughing stock.
His predecessor was doing so well too

Unread 09-12-2017, 08:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
You’re fortunate you didn’t live in London last season pal. Spending most of the season in 6th place and finishing behind the worst Arsenal side in 30-odd years. The banter wasn’t great, trust me.

Unread 09-12-2017, 08:55 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
His predecessor was doing so well too
Moyes wasn’t viewed as a saviour though. Van Gaal was brought in to right the ship and instead went below decks and took a £#%&!ing axe to the hull. Now he can’t even get a job at Besiktas because the whole football world seems to have decided that enough is enough; can’t really blame them I suppose.

Looks like the man’s only hope now is if Siders gets a chairman’s job somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
You’re fortunate you didn’t live in London last season pal. Spending most of the season in 6th place and finishing behind the worst Arsenal side in 30-odd years. The banter wasn’t great, trust me.
Like I said, three years minimum. When you defib a patient from the brink of death, they’re not likely to be up and running about the next day.

Unread 09-12-2017, 09:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Besiktas have a manager who has just topped their CL group

Milan contacted the Big Man just weeks after he left United. He doesn’t fancy Italy

Unread 09-12-2017, 09:09 PM
utd99

Quote:
Besiktas have a manager who has just topped their CL group

Milan contacted the Big Man just weeks after he left United. He doesn’t fancy Italy
Then it was Galatasaray..one of that crowd.

Yeah, it was him that turned Milan down.

Even Moyes keeps getting jobs.

Unread 09-12-2017, 09:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Made it pretty clear when he took over United it would be his last job

Could walk into a top club management job tomorrow. Let go of the hate, pal. It’s not good for you

Unread 09-12-2017, 09:18 PM
utd99

Quote:
Made it pretty clear when he took over United it would be his last job

Could walk into a top club management job tomorrow. Let go of the hate, pal. It’s not good for you
No hate at all, just calling it how it is. I never mention the man unless it’s in response to more of your incessant anti- Mourinho propaganda.

Think of the players he bought; my God.

Unread 09-12-2017, 09:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Holocaust of a match
And it got worse - much worse - against Norwich
Closed Thread