United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-03-2024, 12:37 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
It's absolutely not. They're massive, massive cheats with 115 charges hanging over them. Anything they win is irrelevant imo. They won a Treble last season - who's genuinely distraught? Nobody takes them seriously.

Imagine Liverpool had beaten us and gone on to win a quadruple ffs. We'd never, ever hear the end of it and them rolling us over in the cup would've been a huge step in that. And, it'd be yet another victory for them/Klopp at Old Trafford. Whatever happens, we pissed all over that.

it’s not irrelevant until the charges are proven and they are punished
Exactly. It's £#%&!ing lovely.
it’s not irrelevant until the charges are upheld imo

Unread 20-03-2024, 01:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Yes, we won the trophy. Like I siad if we go on to win this one Sunday will be all worthwhile. If we don’t it won’t. It was a pretty straightforward point.
What do you mean ‘worthwhile’?

If we don’t win the FA Cup, Sunday was still a great moment. If we win it, it becomes a great moment that also led to something

Some celebrations are because we know it’s going to lead to something, others are just great moments regardless of where they go.

We’ve got tonnes of them down the years: we all look back fondly on Scholes late winner at the Etihad purely for what it was in that moment. We didn’t go on to win the league though.

Unread 20-03-2024, 01:21 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...26&postcount=7

will just leave this here

(we got knocked out by boro in the next round, and finished 3rd)
Jesus

Unread 20-03-2024, 01:32 PM
Glenn Lodbrok

Quote:
It's absolutely not. They're massive, massive cheats with 115 charges hanging over them. Anything they win is irrelevant imo. They won a Treble last season - who's genuinely distraught? Nobody takes them seriously.

Imagine Liverpool had beaten us and gone on to win a quadruple ffs. We'd never, ever hear the end of it and them rolling us over in the cup would've been a huge step in that. And, it'd be yet another victory for them/Klopp at Old Trafford. Whatever happens, we pissed all over that.

Exactly. It's £#%&!ing lovely.
Nah a double treble would be sickening ffs. it's Football Manager stuff. That needs to be nipped in the bud soon.

Unread 20-03-2024, 01:35 PM
Neo

Exclamation

Quote:

Unread 20-03-2024, 01:40 PM
Kaos

Quote:
Can’t wait to tell my kids about the year we won nothing, finished sixth and City did a back to back treble but we beat the Scousers in a quarter final and ruined Klopp’s season.
Yeah, go for it. Would imagine it would be similar to my dad telling me about the Barcelona 3-0 win in 1984.

Was only a quarter-final, we lost in the next round, we finished 4th, Liverpool won the League, the European Cup and the League Cup. But fans who were there still talk about it to this day.

Unread 20-03-2024, 01:46 PM
AK14

Quote:

Lol

Unread 20-03-2024, 01:48 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos
Yeah, go for it. Would imagine it would be similar to my dad telling me about the Barcelona 3-0 win in 1984.

Was only a quarter-final, we lost in the next round, we finished 4th, Liverpool won the League, the European Cup and the League Cup. But fans who were there still talk about it to this day.
Right so we’re now equating Sunday to the Barca game in 84 I’m very happy for a lot of you.

Unread 20-03-2024, 01:50 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Right so we’re now equating Sunday to the Barca game in 84 I’m very happy for a lot of you.

Unread 20-03-2024, 01:51 PM
Kaos

Quote:
Well, I wasn't born in 1984, so I have no idea what it was like besides what older fans have told me and from watching the footage.

But it seems like, given the parallels (us being mostly a bit crap, rivals winning a lot etc), that if a forum like this had existed then, there would probably have been a contrarian looking to downplay the joy people were taking from what turned out to be a largely inconsequential match and result.

Unread 20-03-2024, 01:55 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
With each of these posts, I'm thinking "No - he can't embarrass himself anymore can he?!" but by jove, yes he really can.

Unread 20-03-2024, 02:04 PM
believe

Quote:
With each of these posts, I'm thinking "No - he can't embarrass himself anymore can he?!" but by jove, yes he really can.
mate the day I worry about you thinking I’m an embarrassment will be up there with the day I watch 28 angles of Diallos goal with tears in my eyes

Unread 20-03-2024, 02:07 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
It's a very good analogy tbf.

It will resonate forever.

This contradicts what I said earlier a bit but I was wrong.

I'm never going to forget it or the feeling.

I've been to matches when we won the league as a result but I can't really remember them.

Unread 20-03-2024, 02:09 PM
Finport Red

1999, United vs juventus, commentator “full steam ahead Barcelona..”

United fans everywhere -

Bellers -

Unread 20-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Ethers

Quote:
mate the day I worry about you thinking I’m an embarrassment will be up there with the day I watch 28 angles of Diallos goal with tears in my eyes
You’ve got 78000 posts on a Manchester United forum. It’s a very strange flex to then laugh at United fans for enjoying a win against the scousers, as though you’ve got better things to be doing with your time.

Unread 20-03-2024, 02:40 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
It's a very good analogy tbf.

It will resonate forever.

This contradicts what I said earlier a bit but I was wrong.

I'm never going to forget it or the feeling.

I've been to matches when we won the league as a result but I can't really remember them.
Exactly. Not sure I'll be telling my grandkids about when we clinched the title in 1997, mainly because I have absolutely no memory of how it happened (maybe Newcastle lost or something?).

Meanwhile the 6-2 win at Arsenal in the league cup is iconic, even though we lost in the final to Sheffield Wednes @#%&!ing day .

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
You’ve got 78000 posts on a Manchester United forum. It’s a very strange flex to then laugh at United fans for enjoying a win against the scousers, as though you’ve got better things to be doing with your time.
It's so bizarre I can only assume he's pissing about. Actually mocking United fans for being giddy about a victory like that.

Unread 20-03-2024, 02:42 PM
Whip Hubley

Of course it's a scouser that manages to derail a thread about a game like Sunday where everyone was generally in agreement that it was a great day. Ycnmiu.

Unread 20-03-2024, 02:44 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It's so bizarre I can only assume he's pissing about.
he's not. he's just that perfect storm of absolute stupidity combined with being a dick head of a person.

Unread 20-03-2024, 02:50 PM
suedeshoes

1997. We won the league at home. Not sure if we won or someone else lost. I can only remember because the players had sweatshirts on. Couldn't be arsed putting their shirts on. I was there. Can't remember who we played.

Unread 20-03-2024, 03:08 PM
Kaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
1997. We won the league at home. Not sure if we won or someone else lost. I can only remember because the players had sweatshirts on. Couldn't be arsed putting their shirts on. I was there. Can't remember who we played.
You mean you DIDN'T enjoy that more than the 3-1 win at Anfield the previous month!?