Unread 01-10-2019, 11:07 PM
armchair

play him out wide on the right imo.

Unread 01-10-2019, 11:09 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
play him out wide on the right imo.
That would make sense, but before we do something that radical maybe we should try cutting his salary to get his eye back on the ball.

Unread 01-10-2019, 11:17 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
That would make sense, but before we do something that radical maybe we should try cutting his salary to get his eye back on the ball.
he's agreed a contract, it's impossible to cut his salary.

Unread 01-10-2019, 11:20 PM
utd99

Quote:
he's agreed a contract, it's impossible to cut his salary.
I was having a dig at this nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Could also be the ridiculous wage he’s been given has made him take his eye off the ball?

Unread 01-10-2019, 11:24 PM
armchair

it's past 11 what do you expect from me?!

Unread 01-10-2019, 11:28 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It could be but to me he doesn't look a player who has dropped intensity. Feels more a focus/confidence thing. I've not watched him and thought he's a player going through the motions. He could be mentally exhausted. Either way you don't want him to be cracking under the pressure. It's a lot to take on but unfortunately the top players don't tend to feel it much.
He’s obviously suffering from low confidence and that could be down to lots of things so it’s pointless speculating. My guess is that he’s finding his role up top too much. Lots of the rashers4life crew insisted he be played up top to forgive his inconsistent form elsewhere. But his movement and predictions are £#%&!ing woeful and tbh, I’ve never seen him excel in the box.

we are now looking at a player (albeit still young) who has played poorly or averagely far more often than he’s played well. I’m not convinced he’s top draw and he’s not good enough to lead united (certainly at the moment) but decent enough to keep.

ole has to switch it round now - change his position and get Martial back on (whatever the £#%&! good that will do).

Ideally, we need to buy a decent striker and do it quickly. I’m not sure what rashers role will be in that scenario but I suspect that he may end up always be playing second fiddle.

Unread 01-10-2019, 11:35 PM
armchair

i think he's a lovely kid. i saw a thing on twitter where he was giving out a shirt to a kid and what struck me wasn't him giving out a shirt but that he said post a pic of it so i know you got it.

he's not an out and out striker BUT he's not far off a right sided Thierry Henry (at the same age)

Unread 01-10-2019, 11:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
He’s obviously suffering from low confidence and that could be down to lots of things so it’s pointless speculating. My guess is that he’s finding his role up top too much. Lots of the rashers4life crew insisted he be played up top to forgive his inconsistent form elsewhere. But his movement and predictions are £#%&!ing woeful and tbh, I’ve never seen him excel in the box.

we are now looking at a player (albeit still young) who has played poorly or averagely far more often than he’s played well. I’m not convinced he’s top draw and he’s not good enough to lead united (certainly at the moment) but decent enough to keep.

ole has to switch it round now - change his position and get Martial back on (whatever the £#%&! good that will do).

Ideally, we need to buy a decent striker and do it quickly. I’m not sure what rashers role will be in that scenario but I suspect that he may end up always be playing second fiddle.
Not me, I didn't feel his inconsistency needed forgiveness; still don't. It's perfectly natural. But he has needed a manager to show some faith in him as a striker after Mourinho. That's not to say he can't be dropped, but this is a club that has faith in young players.

I haven't speculated on what his mental issues are, just said it could be on or off the field. Who knows. It's certainly a worry though. When you make a young player one of the club's best paid players and his head seems to go like this it's not exactly ideal.

Can't see him reduced to second fiddle medium term. The contract has bind us to him as a regular. Ole must have trust in him.

Unread 02-10-2019, 04:59 AM
Coracao

Quote:
i think he's a lovely kid. i saw a thing on twitter where he was giving out a shirt to a kid and what struck me wasn't him giving out a shirt but that he said post a pic of it so i know you got it.
Great. But what are his redeemig qualities of what we pay him for ?

Unread 02-10-2019, 05:14 AM
Cream

Any sympathy you might have had for a kid still learning his trade, working his way up the payscale, went when he sanctioned his agent to commence contract shenanigans. I have no sympathy whatsoever for him or any other spoilt kid playing hardball with the adults.

He's invited pressure upon himself. Now he has to deliver.

His association with Lingard doesn't help. But that's probably unfair...

Unread 02-10-2019, 05:21 AM
rubbernecker

I don't think he's 100% fit and has been injected and patched up to get him on the pitch because of the lack of cover

I'm pretty sure if the other striker wasn't on his bi monthly six week holidays /sick then he'd have been rested for a game r two

At least he turns up when he's needed

Unread 02-10-2019, 05:36 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
I don't think he's 100% fit and has been injected and patched up to get him on the pitch because of the lack of cover

I'm pretty sure if the other striker wasn't on his bi monthly six week holidays /sick then he'd have been rested for a game r two

At least he turns up when he's needed
As Pogba leaves au vent mauvais.

Nothing is working!

Unread 02-10-2019, 07:48 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Maybe Sanchez's poor form was down to getting woken up by an errant wood pigeon?

Perhaps we're not taking these personal issues players struggle through seriously enough? It's a fair point. Who knows what our players are struggling with when they're not on the pitch?

Lingard has been particularly troubled by the implication of a no deal brexit

Unread 02-10-2019, 09:44 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone

Lingard has been particularly troubled by the implication of a no deal brexit
Jones is aghast at a particularly tense episode of Deal Or No Deal.

Unread 02-10-2019, 01:58 PM
marlo

marcus rashford takes home more money than harry Kane..

in their last 3 full seasons for their clubs..

marcus rashford 150 appearances 37 goals.
harry kane 126 appearances 100 goals.

marcus rashford was born in Manchester and together with his manager ole...he gets 'united". that evens it up bit right....

Unread 02-10-2019, 02:02 PM
dunk

Harry Kane needs to sack his agent.

Unread 02-10-2019, 02:14 PM
Jethro

Could sum it up as one being an incredibly gifted natural goalscorer and the other a left winger, right winger and a centre forward that doesn't excel or have the discipline in either position.

To be fair I am disgusted in a young lad accepting the contract dangled in front of him. Disgusted.

Unread 02-10-2019, 02:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
marcus rashford takes home more money than harry Kane..

in their last 3 full seasons for their clubs..

marcus rashford 150 appearances 37 goals.
harry kane 126 appearances 100 goals.

marcus rashford was born in Manchester and together with his manager ole...he gets 'united". that evens it up bit right....
When Kane was Rashford's age he had scored 36 goals for Spurs.

Wages are excessive but the club is backing its young talent.

Unread 02-10-2019, 02:22 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
When Kane was Rashford's age he had scored 36 goals for Spurs.
In 150 appearances?

Unread 02-10-2019, 02:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
In 150 appearances?
No mate. He'd spent a lot of time playing for Leyton Orient, Millwall and Norwich. While Rashford was scoring in the Prem etc.
Closed Thread