United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 08-05-2023, 04:02 PM
erictheking7

Without CL comes reduced revenue, reduced sponsorship etc the slugs will not be able to take more money. That makes a full sale more likely.

Unread 08-05-2023, 04:17 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheking7
Without CL comes reduced revenue, reduced sponsorship etc the slugs will not be able to take more money. That makes a full sale more likely.
At an estimate how much do you think we gain from qualifying for the CL as opposed to the Europa?

Unread 08-05-2023, 04:20 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
At an estimate how much do you think we gain from qualifying for the CL as opposed to the Europa?
A lot of sponsors are based around the team being in the champions league.

I think even the adidas deal practically halves if we are out of the champions league 2-3 years in a row

Unread 08-05-2023, 04:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
It’s miles more. Being in the CL groups stage gets the club about £40m. Think it’s under £10m in the EL. That’s just direct money for the comp.

The adidas contract has CL stipulations in it, for instance.

Unread 08-05-2023, 04:23 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It’s miles more. Being in the CL groups stage gets the club about £40m. Think it’s under £10m in the EL. That’s just direct money for the comp.

The adidas contract has CL stipulations in it, for instance.
Europa league roughly 3 million getting to group stage
Champions league 10-12 million roughly

Other things like 2 million per win etc .

Unread 08-05-2023, 04:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Europa league roughly 3 million getting to group stage
Champions league 10-12 million roughly

Other things like 2 million per win etc .
Sorry, the £40m is if you win all your games too. EL tops out at £10m ish.

Unread 08-05-2023, 04:27 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Sorry, the £40m is if you win all your games too. EL tops out at £10m ish.
There’s still a big difference. The sponsors will be the biggest hit .

Unread 08-05-2023, 04:29 PM
believe

So we’re talking about 30 million tops on a 6 billion deal. You do the maths, it won’t make any difference whatsoever.

Unread 08-05-2023, 04:43 PM
est.1878

Quote:
So we’re talking about 30 million tops on a 6 billion deal. You do the maths, it won’t make any difference whatsoever.
Mic drop gif.

Unread 08-05-2023, 04:48 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
I thought the point was if less money comes in, the glazers would be less likely and able to take their dividends and whatnot , as a result pushing them towards a sale?

I’m not going to lie I haven’t read the previous pages, was just answering your question on sponsorship money dropping if they fall out the champions league

Unread 08-05-2023, 04:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I thought the point was if less money comes in, the glazers would be less likely and able to take their dividends and whatnot , as a result pushing them towards a sale?

I’m not going to lie I haven’t read the previous pages, was just answering your question on sponsorship money dropping if they fall out the champions league
Same. Their chances of clinging on would be diminished if earnings for next season took another hit you’d have thought.

Unread 08-05-2023, 05:45 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
The winner of the Champions League takes home £73.15m compared to £19.74m in the Europa League.
The TV money is worth over £28m difference at the top end too.

That's without the sponsorship differences. The Adidas deal alone would see us lose a further £22.5m if we miss out on Champions League.

Champions League participation and getting through the group stage, which we do far more often than not is worth around an extra £80-100m per year compared to getting to the Europa semi finals.

Total revenue was £583m
Total wage bill for all staff was £384m

Other costs plunged us into a loss. Again.

No insider information, this is all public knowledge.

Unread 08-05-2023, 06:27 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
The winner of the Champions League takes home £73.15m compared to £19.74m in the Europa League.

That's without the sponsorship differences. The Adidas deal alone would see us lose a further £22.5m if we miss out on Champions League.

Champions League participation and getting through the group stage, which we do far more often than not is worth around an extra £80-100m per year compared to getting to the Europa semi finals.

Total revenue was £583m

Just had a squint. Hadn't realised how bad things are finance wise. You're right, the £6bn is a complete irrelevance. A loss of £20-£80mn, of what is essentially pure profit, with zero COGS, is going to hugely impact the EBITDA and overall attractiveness of a purchase of United with a revenue stream of £583mn.

That's not even taking into consideration any FFP issues.

Batshit how bad things are finance wise.

Unread 08-05-2023, 06:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Seen people suggesting waiting until after the last game of the season to announce they’re staying to avoid any protests.
Yeah, that will work

I don't think even they are quite that delusional.

Unread 08-05-2023, 06:37 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yeah, that will work

I don't think even they are quite that delusional.
They aren't delusional, they're hard-nosed, money-grabbing parasites.

Unread 08-05-2023, 06:37 PM
believe

Quote:

Total revenue was £583m

Sigh. The insider knowledge I was talking about is the takeover discussions. Are you implying that the figures currently bid are based on us winning the champions league next season, or even being in it? I’m saying they’re not, which they aren’t. Thanks for the nimbers though, it’s pretty interesting.

Unread 08-05-2023, 06:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Oh absolutely, but that will surely involve at least *some* sense of when it might be a good time to finally bail out.

Unread 08-05-2023, 06:41 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
They’re incredibly successful investors. They’ve bought a club using external debt, used the club as security for that debt, used the club to pay the interest payments each year whilst also delivery to them an annual dividend before gearing up to sell the club for an estimated profit of £4+ billion.

It’s an insanely successful investment. The return on equity will be outrageous.

Unread 08-05-2023, 06:45 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
They’re incredibly successful investors. They’ve bought a club using external debt, used the club as security for that debt, used the club to pay the interest payments each year whilst also delivery to them an annual dividend before gearing up to sell the club for an estimated profit of £4+ billion.

It’s an insanely successful investment. The return on equity will be outrageous.
All depends on the wolves game imo

Unread 08-05-2023, 06:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Sigh. The insider knowledge I was talking about is the takeover discussions. Are you implying that the figures currently bid are based on us winning the champions league next season, or even being in it? I’m saying they’re not, which they aren’t. Thanks for the nimbers though, it’s pretty interesting.
Insider knowledge?

Early on it was mentioned offers would take into account potential CL qualification in the reports of who was bidding.