United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
United usually give away a free-kick like that with time ticking down.

why pick on O'Shea?
At a wild stab in the dark, I'd guess it was because he did it?

Unread 25-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
At a wild stab in the dark, I'd guess it was because he did it?

Unread 25-08-2008, 10:35 PM
wonky no

why give o'shea grief? what is he supposed to do, tell fergie he's not playing??

Unread 25-08-2008, 10:39 PM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up doomlordery banished from my system

really good display tonight, great movement and passing, huge improvement on last week and we will only get better when hargreaves/carrick,nani, ronaldo are available, not to mention berbatov if he joins. As an aside how good did rodrigo play when he came on, imo so good we hardly missed anderson who had an immense game.

Unread 25-08-2008, 10:39 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
why give o'shea grief? what is he supposed to do, tell fergie he's not playing??
yes! problem solved!

Unread 25-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Redhod99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
United usually give away a free-kick like that with time ticking down.

why pick on O'Shea?
Because he did it?? I agree though, its usually him or Scholes

Unread 25-08-2008, 10:41 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
yes! problem solved!
we were saying the same about fletcher not long since

Unread 25-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Ether

True, Fletcher was always improving though. If fairly slowly for a while.

O'Shea has gone backwards every season.

Unread 25-08-2008, 10:45 PM
wiganste

Quote:
O'Shea has been in the first team squad for 5 or 6 years now. His performances aren't very good. At least Fletcher offers summat. Yes, he's a limited player but a by far better squad option than the pie eating, #@&%! loving Irish @#%&!bubble O'Shea

Unread 25-08-2008, 10:47 PM
borsuk

Quote:
not me. with occasional moments of weakness i've always backed him on here. he's a much better player than he's given credit for and made big strides last season. people forget how hard it is for a lad to come through the ranks and gain experience in an environment where every error is blown up and you have no time to learn without pressure. he's done very well, is still very young and is making good progress. i wouldn't be surprised in the least to see him a regular started in three years in central m/f.

Unread 25-08-2008, 10:48 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
True, Fletcher was always improving though. If fairly slowly for a while.

O'Shea has gone backwards every season.
o'shea stands out because the players around him are far better. he doesnt deserve all the shit he gets. he plays wherever he's needed and generally holds his own, save for one or two mistakes

Unread 25-08-2008, 10:52 PM
wiganste

Quote:
o'shea stands out because the players around him are far better. he doesnt deserve all the shit he gets. he plays wherever he's needed and generally holds his own, save for one or two mistakes
But you can't afford to make one or two mistakes at this level. Hopefully, he'll be gone in this transfer window. Highly unlikely I know, but like I said, hopefully.

Unread 25-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Zorg

I think the likelihood of O'Shea currently being logged on to Fred and reading this is rather low. Observing his performance and commenting on how amazingly shit it was is not going to affect him. We're not talking about some young lad who's just got into the team, O'Shea has been around for years and really does appear to be getting worse as time passes.

Unread 25-08-2008, 11:00 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I think the likelihood of O'Shea currently being logged on to Fred and reading this is rather low. Observing his performance and commenting on how amazingly shit it was is not going to affect him. We're not talking about some young lad who's just got into the team, O'Shea has been around for years and really does appear to be getting worse as time passes.

Unread 26-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

O'shea is in the comfort zone imo - he knows that no matter how he plays he'll never be a regular first choicer but will always get plenty of games covering for injuries etc. He basically has no real motivation to try and improve, and if he had anything about him he'd recognise this and be looking for a fresh challenge.

Unread 26-08-2008, 03:18 AM
Luffy

there's a subtle difference between making mistakes ala Silvestre, and a young Brown versus looking out of your depth ala Liam Miller and Djema Djemba. Mistakes are acceptable, we're all human. But being out of your depth and having the game ghost past you suggests you dont belong on the pitch. Thats why O'Shea's time is up. We can have 7 subs now, we have youngsters coming through, why hang onto a player who is only half as good as phil neville?

Fergie's tactics today were refreshing. Have O'Shea float around in front of the back four and drop in at left back and Anderson tuck in alongside Scholes whenever Evra bombs forward.

That said, if fletch hadnt of got that tiny touch, we'd have been tearing our hair out at how poor we were at actually making something of all our posession. and we didnt miss Anderson when Possebon came on? Wouldnt be saying that if we were chasing a goal, we were under the cosh abit when Anderson went off, through no fault of Possebon's (who did ok). Its cos O'Shea was such a passenger today and Rooney was difficult to pick out.
Closed Thread