United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-10-2010, 03:57 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: Accounts out at 11am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Only if we do a Liverpool and finish outside the top four. This means the guranteed income stream falls below that required to meet the repayments and, I believe, some of the bond guarantees.

It really puts the fans up the creek without a paddle, wanting the team to do badly so the owners are forced out.

@#%&!s.
in a nutshell.

Unread 08-10-2010, 03:58 PM
borsuk

Default Re: Accounts out at 11am

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
yep. thats it. highlight a spelling mistake the get back to discussing financial statements from an ill advised idiots perspective.
that's
then
idiot's

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
that's
then
idiot's

agreed re jabbers as well. once he gets hold of something he is like a dog with a bone

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:00 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
'real' profit of £25m which for the size of the revenues is a joke.
not really.

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:02 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

agreed re jabbers as well. once he gets hold of something he is like a dog with a bone
ironic really

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
not really. spending on transfers - net spending - has been what it usually is, as the quote from andersred makes clear. that will be new players, installments on previous deals, maybe pre-contracts etc. the point isn't that the club isn't spending. the point is that the money they are spending is just more debt, a point anton (etc) can't or won't understand.

what irritates me is the simplistic 'see how bad it is, we can't afford anybody' line. (a) because it's patently %@#$&!s, or we wouldn't have paid over the odds for bebe and smalling and (b) because it detracts from the real issue, suggesting that if we were to spend £60m in the summer then it would mean things are better. it wouldn't. in many ways it would make things worse.
Spending 60 million in the summer would certainly appear to be close to insanity.

I think the point that AJ wants to make is basically that in terms of strengthening it appears that we have not made a point of keeping up (with the Jones's if you like) and is perhaps suggesting that the term 'value' may not have been so often coming from the OT hierachy.

I happen to agree with him. Personally I think the fact the Fergie has put together a fantastic squad and that he's still in charge has kept us at a fantastic level, I do however absolutly believe that if we continue our current 'looking for value' experiment up then the full impact of the Glazer's buying us out will be seen in the coming years.

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:03 PM
RedMenace

Maybe not a joke marlo but think how much higher profits would be under the plc model. The massive increases in revenue since 2005 haven't had an awful lot to do with the Glazers.

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:03 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
That's not strictly true and last year that "difference" was selling our best player.
shit. youre right.when is our 9 point deduction.???

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
not really.
Really? So if you sold a certain quantity of some substance to one of your champs one night for a couple of 'bags' and you only made £200 on it, would that be good business??

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:05 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Spending 60 million in the summer would certainly appear to be close to insanity.

I think the point that AJ wants to make is basically that in terms of strengthening it appears that we have not made a point of keeping up (with the Jones's if you like) and is perhaps suggesting that the term 'value' may not have been so often coming from the OT hierachy.

I happen to agree with him. Personally I think the fact the Fergie has put together a fantastic squad and that he's still in charge has kept us at a fantastic level, I do however absolutly believe that if we continue our current 'looking for value' experiment up then the full impact of the Glazer's buying us out will be seen in the coming years.
fair enough. i don't think we're doing anything different from what we've always done, people just look for things that aren't there.

doesn't matter anyway. don't spend, the squad suffers. spend and it's just more debt on the club to put more money into the glazers' pockets.

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
fair enough. i don't think we're doing anything different from what we've always done, people just look for things that aren't there.

doesn't matter anyway. don't spend, the squad suffers. spend and it's just more debt on the club to put more money into the glazers' pockets.
Option c: Nuke Florida

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:12 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Only if we do a Liverpool and finish outside the top four. This means the guranteed income stream falls below that required to meet the repayments and, I believe, some of the bond guarantees.

It really puts the fans up the creek without a paddle, wanting the team to do badly so the owners are forced out.

@#%&!s.
Or stop paying them 100mil a year in ticket money, whille the team is doing ok.

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up Re: Accounts out at 11am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Bingo, Yahtzee, our survey says...

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
ironic really
that was the point of the gag pal; cheers for £#%&!ing it up

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
that was the point of the gag pal; cheers for £#%&!ing it up

can always count on silv to £#%&! things up

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:19 PM
bobbledinho

Quote:
shit. youre right.when is our 9 point deduction.???
Marly, I'm not going to explain the difference between the club losing money and being in administration. You're better than this.

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

youve only just stopped going foot @#%&!

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:22 PM
red @rmy

Dan!

Dan!

Dan!

Dan!

Dan!

Dan!

Dan!

£#%&! off.

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Harri Jaffa

red @rmy

red @rmy

red @rmy

red @rmy

red @rmy

red @rmy

red @rmy

red @rmy

Alright mate?

Unread 08-10-2010, 04:27 PM
dan27

Quote:
my spelling might be bad but that lot down the road had a net profit of 100.2 mill last year and they couldnnt buy a decent player because of debt repayments ostrige head in the sand comes to mind wake up and smell the coffee
Closed Thread