United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2016, 12:37 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Where's the evidence of this? Where was it against Newcastle last week for example?
We had a back four consisting of one actual defender in their proper position, with Fellaini in front as defensive cover.

Unread 20-01-2016, 12:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
We had a back four consisting of one actual defender in their proper position, with Fellaini in front as defensive cover.
Why are people so hell bent on ignoring that this has been the case for about 2 £#%&!ing months, and then bemoaning our lack of form

Shaw
Rojo
Jones
Valencia
Darmian

All been missing for the majority, well, in all but Darmian and Jones' case, the entirety of this poor run, Darmian and Jones missing for large swathes of it, and even Young has missed a fair bit. Injuries are no excuse though

Unread 20-01-2016, 12:44 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Why are people so hell bent on ignoring that this has been the case for about 2 £#%&!ing months, and then bemoaning out lack of form
people feel they need to moan so it might change things. Moan, moan, moan and if it's loud enough they'll sack van gaal and everything will be good again.

The way of the world now tbf

imagine a week going by without some £#%&!ing dope posting a twitter quote stat to moan about united.

Unread 20-01-2016, 12:49 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
people feel they need to moan so it might change things. Moan, moan, moan and if it's loud enough they'll sack van gaal and everything will be good again.

The way of the world now tbf

imagine a week going by without some £#%&!ing dope posting a twitter quote stat to moan about united.
#saffers

Unread 20-01-2016, 12:52 PM
itisme_panaflex

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
#saffers

Unread 20-01-2016, 01:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex

It's daft. I agree injuries shouldn't be that detrimental, but this isn't a United in their pomp, this is half way through a quite massive transition. Tbf, might not even be halfway through, that estimate was made before the true extent of the overhaul was really known of course missing 4/5 out of 7 defenders is going to affect the team negatively, and the players in front of the defence aren't good enough to compensate, as they generally were in Fergie's time.

Unread 20-01-2016, 01:27 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Alright, bad example, but to my eyes we've rarely looked in control of any games this season, other than when we've been 0-0 at home and the opposition have sat back and allowed us to pass it around in front of them. This belief that we are or will in the future somehow be better off due to Van Gaal's coaching is a crock of shit, imho

Unread 20-01-2016, 01:29 PM
puressence

But your not allowed to mention injuries or new players adapting Cos the avg mob won't accept anything in there eyes he's spent 250million which none has come from there pockets Cos all the c***s do is moan on Fred or @#%&!ter reds who wouldn't even no the significance of today's date in Utds history.

Unread 20-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Whip Hubley

People who hate LVG will hate LVG regardless of what reasoning or logic you use to the contrary. They've made their minds up and shouted it from the rooftops and would look like dicks if they suddenly did a big fat U-turn. Truth of the matter is no one knows the effect LVG has had or will have on the club because not a single person on this forum or in the media has any clue about what goes on behind the scenes. Aside from maybe Marlo.

I can understand the lack of enthusiasm about this season because it has been poor, but only relatively speaking. Anyone dismissing the injuries, particularly defensively, has their head in the sand because up until - in particular - Shaw got injured we actually looked very good. Again, anyone who refutes the importance of Shaw on that left hand side to the way LVG is attempting to play not only belittles just how good Shaw was becoming, but also the understanding between himself and Memphis in particular. If we had a Shaw equivalent on the right (oh Rafael how I miss your flowing locks and psychotic stares) and Shaw hadn't had his leg broken, we'd be top of the league in my opinion.

All the above comes with the caveat that I still believe we need moderately heavy investment in the summer and I've been sufficiently impressed with LVG's purchases thus far (ADM and Falcao were, quite obviously to me, not LVG's players) to be happy if he's still at the helm to spend that investment.

Unread 20-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
But your not allowed to mention injuries or new players adapting Cos the avg mob won't accept anything in there eyes he's spent 250million which none has come from there pockets Cos all the c***s do is moan on Fred or @#%&!ter reds who wouldn't even no the significance of today's date in Utds history.

Its the anniversary of Edwards getting caught looking under the toilet door, everybody knows that.

Unread 20-01-2016, 04:03 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Spot on that BigMike

Unread 20-01-2016, 06:20 PM
Tiberian

We looked very good until Shaw got injured? Really?

1-0 v Spurs, own goal
1-0 v Villa, deflected shot
0-0 v Newcastle
1-2 v Swansea
3-1 v Liverpool

We had a couple of glorified pre-season matches against Brugge where we scored a few but against competent opposition, even with Shaw, our attacking play was still poor.

Unread 20-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

1-0 v Spurs, own goal
0-0 v Newcastle
1-2 v Swansea
3-1 v Liverpool

We had a couple of glorified pre-season matches against Brugge where we scored a few but against competent opposition, even with Shaw, our attacking play was still poor.

Does the fact we scored with an own goal and a deflected shot somehow prove that we weren't playing well with shaw.... nice touch though....

I didn't say anything about results, I said we were playing well. Which, in my opinion, we were. And that's slightly disingenous and missing the point about how much disruption his injury has caused. Unless you think he hasn't been missed?

Unread 20-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Does the fact we scored with an own goal and a deflected shot somehow prove that we weren't playing well with shaw.... nice touch though....

I didn't say anything about results, I said we were playing well. Which, in my opinion, we were. And that's slightly disingenous and missing the point about how much disruption his injury has caused. Unless you think he hasn't been missed?
Maybe we were slightly better with Shaw, defensively certainly, but our attacking play has been horrific all season. I point out the own goal and deflected shot because we were still creating next to nothing in those games.

Unread 20-01-2016, 06:59 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

1-0 v Spurs, own goal
0-0 v Newcastle
1-2 v Swansea
3-1 v Liverpool

We've been shit all season.

The fact that LvG is willingly resigning in the summer speaks volumes.

Unread 20-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
People who hate LVG will hate LVG regardless of what reasoning or logic you use to the contrary. They've made their minds up and shouted it from the rooftops and would look like dicks if they suddenly did a big fat U-turn. Truth of the matter is no one knows the effect LVG has had or will have on the club because not a single person on this forum or in the media has any clue about what goes on behind the scenes. Aside from maybe Marlo.

I can understand the lack of enthusiasm about this season because it has been poor, but only relatively speaking. Anyone dismissing the injuries, particularly defensively, has their head in the sand because up until - in particular - Shaw got injured we actually looked very good. Again, anyone who refutes the importance of Shaw on that left hand side to the way LVG is attempting to play not only belittles just how good Shaw was becoming, but also the understanding between himself and Memphis in particular. If we had a Shaw equivalent on the right (oh Rafael how I miss your flowing locks and psychotic stares) and Shaw hadn't had his leg broken, we'd be top of the league in my opinion.

All the above comes with the caveat that I still believe we need moderately heavy investment in the summer and I've been sufficiently impressed with LVG's purchases thus far (ADM and Falcao were, quite obviously to me, not LVG's players) to be happy if he's still at the helm to spend that investment.
You've just described yourself and your fellow cardies pal.

Nobody in the real world shares your views. Just a weird little rep circle clique on here who like to think they're sagey top reds, who have dug themselves such a big hole they can't get out.

I do hope none of you lot poke fun at RAWK, because that's exactly what you've all become.

Unread 20-01-2016, 07:09 PM
ralph

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan

Nobody in the real world shares your views. Just a weird little rep circle clique on here who like to think they're sagey top reds, who have dug themselves such a big hole they can't get out.

I do hope none of you lot poke fun at RAWK, because that's exactly what you've all become.
Well put Al.

Unread 20-01-2016, 07:22 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan

Nobody in the 'real world' shares those views? What real world is this Al? Can I call you Al?

I don't take the view that LVG is a bad manager and I largely put our run of mediocre form down to other factors. At the moment I choose to back the manager. You choose not to, great. Neither of which opinion makes a blind bit of £#%&!ing difference of course, what with it being an internet forum
Closed Thread