United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:38 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Rooney got shit for his game going to pieces and his touch deserting him on loads of occasions in his first few seasons tbh.
Yea towards the end of his career. The guys were comparing a 21 year old rashford to a 21 year old rooney. I was pointing out his was miles ahead

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:39 PM
My Name is Keith

He needs to bag a few and get his mojo back. We were all worried we didn’t have enough up top this season and I think we’ll all be proved right. I would have loved him to be playing with a more senior striker who could take the pressure off him - someone other than lukaku obvs.

Bottom line for me is that it’s still too early to conclude anyone’s position on rashers. He does need to be better though and I am now less confident than I was that he’ll be the player people think he has the potential to be.

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Yea towards the end of his career. The guys were comparing a 21 year old rashford to a 21 year old rooney. I was pointing out his was miles ahead
Can’t you read?

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:41 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Rooney was playing with Cristiano Ronaldo, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Carlos Teves etc tbf.

Agree on making a Rooney comparison being pointless. More for these reasons tbh.
I thought you said Ronaldo was shit at 21. So again, it’s all about the other players, anything to avoid the point. Does it ever occur to you that you’re making way too many excuses than is usual for a good player? Greenwood came closer to scoring from a deeper position in a ten minute cameo than Rashford did the whole game; do you not find that a bit troubling?

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’m talking about what we see. Actually looking rather than using stats to obscure the issue.

If you had to answer the simple question of whether Marcus Rashford is good enough to lead the line for Man Utd NOW, what would you say?
I'm happy with Ole putting his faith in Rashford and Martial to carry responsibility this season. We need to see what they're made of and it's a far more potentially beneficial move long term than sticking with Lukaku and Sanchez.

Quote:
I thought you said Ronaldo was shit at 21. So again, it’s all about the other players, anything to avoid the point. Does it ever occur to you that you’re making way too many excuses than is usual for a good player? Greenwood came closer to scoring from a deeper position in a ten minute cameo than Rashford did the whole game; do you not find that a bit troubling?
I didn't say Ronaldo was shit at 21. I was on this very forum arguing for patience because people said he wasn't progressing.

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
I didn't say Ronaldo was shit at 21. I was on this very forum arguing for patience because people said he wasn't progressing.
RI tbf.

‘Sell him, brainless one trick show pony’

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:48 PM
utd99

Quote:
Patience is easier when you have hope. Hope based on improvements you see rather than what you want to be the case.

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Patience is easier when you have hope. Hope based on improvements you see rather than what you want to be the case.
It's also easier to be patient when you haven't suffered 5 years of mostly utter £#%&!ing crap and been the butt of everyone's jokes.

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
RI tbf.

Would have still had a little bit of it on here circa 2006 I reckon.

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:50 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
He needs to bag a few and get his mojo back. We were all worried we didn’t have enough up top this season and I think we’ll all be proved right. I would have loved him to be playing with a more senior striker who could take the pressure off him - someone other than lukaku obvs.

Bottom line for me is that it’s still too early to conclude anyone’s position on rashers. He does need to be better though and I am now less confident than I was that he’ll be the player people think he has the potential to be.
What’s all this centrist dad shit?

Pick a side please. He’s either the second coming of Pele or worse than Danny Welbeck.

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Would have still had a little bit of it on here circa 2006 I reckon.
Was just bursting into life in Nov 2006 tbf. Hit the ground running v Fulham in August ‘06 and never looked back.

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:54 PM
utd99

We’re United supporters; everyone of us should hope that Rashford becomes a top drawer player. At some point we might have to acknowledge it might not happen. I just hope we don’t miss out on promoting/buying someone in the interim.

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
We’re United supporters; everyone of us should hope that Rashford becomes a top drawer player. At some point we might have to acknowledge it might not happen. I just hope we don’t miss out on promoting/buying someone in the interim.
Everyone that can be promoted has been; we didn’t have the budget to buy anyone and now the window is closed.

It is what it is.

We need to support these kids and give them time and space to grow. Without a good handful becoming top players we aren’t competing again.

Unread 31-08-2019, 04:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
For me patience is easy when the talent/attitude is there and showing faith in these lads is clearly the best thing to do. You preferred to keep Sanchez and wait for him to suddenly give a shit, which I can't imagine was based on you putting huge stock in "what we see" etc

Unread 31-08-2019, 05:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
RI tbf.

No. End. Product.

People actually said that

Unread 31-08-2019, 05:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Was just bursting into life in Nov 2006 tbf. Hit the ground running v Fulham in August ‘06 and never looked back.
They'd have still been about. Waiting for their moment. Never came

Unread 31-08-2019, 05:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
For me patience is easy when the talent/attitude is there and showing faith in these lads is clearly the best thing to do. You preferred to keep Sanchez and wait for him to suddenly give a shit, which I can't imagine was based on you putting huge stock in "what we see" etc
Oh wow..

Unread 31-08-2019, 05:07 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Abysmal today.

Can we please play him out wide, which he prefers, and start Greenwood up front?
We were told that Mourinho was wrong playing him out wide and his best position was up front?

Rashford's general play has been shocking for a long time now. He could get away with it if he was a deadly finisher. If he's doing neither he can't be a starter.

Unread 31-08-2019, 05:12 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
We were told that Mourinho was wrong playing him out wide and his best position was up front?

Rashford's general play has been shocking for a long time now. He could get away with it if he was a deadly finisher. If he's doing neither he can't be a starter.
He brings absolutely nothing to to the team at the moment. He needs a spell out.

Unread 31-08-2019, 05:14 PM
utd99

Quote:
What?

If you really thought I believed he was going to have a break out season then i’ll have to think of a way to make an obvious wum more obvious. That said he is still a better option than Lingard.

I care about Rashford becoming a top player for us; I couldn’t give a shit about players like Matic, Sanchez or Rojo.
Closed Thread