United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 10-01-2024, 03:50 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Ok, even if we are being kind to Sancho and say we can understand why he reacted like that. Maybe he was strung. A bit emotional, sensitive etc. that’s fine. He posted something very quickly, which suggested it was an immediate reaction…. Even then, he still had the opportunity to reconsider, let the dust settle and he didn’t do it. He’s lost half a season of football and probably his United career because of it. That is harder to understand and sympathise with.
I agree.
All i said was i understand.
I’d have told him
“You taking home a bar a month net at 22 , just apologise and play football until they sack him them clean slate”
But then I’m not a talented footballer in this generation that has everything in abundance and has a different mindset.
I’m close to that generation that say a “souness” so i slightly get it even if i don’t agree.

I’m not also a fan of ETH and think everything he does stinks so this heightens my angle on things.

Unread 10-01-2024, 03:54 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
You know he’s struggling when he starts having a go at Manchester United fans for… being from Manchester

Anyway, Sancho has gone now. Hopefully this daft argument goes with it.

Looking forward to the Sancho Watch thread coming soon
"Man got 2 assists vs Karlsruhe Point proved."

Unread 10-01-2024, 03:56 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
"Man got 2 assists vs Karlsruhe Point proved."
at least one of ours is getting an assist.

Unread 10-01-2024, 04:02 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
The thing is sancho has obviously been feeling agrieved because the managers pet (let’s be honest Antony doesn’t deserve the preferential treatment he has been given) waltzed back into pre season late , played one game then starts every single game when the season starts while not even playing well.

A lot of Players are fragile ego maniacs especially sancho who has an issue last season so is a special case then you say what you said in the press conference. Could have easily just said “there’s competition for places so someone has to be left out every match day squad…”
Instead of throwing him to the wolves giving the press something to witch-hunt him about. Of course he got pissed and fired that tweet.
Behind closed doors he can let it be known sancho won’t be in the squad until he ups the levels in training and we go on our way.

As i started wi the by yesteday sancho should have apologised but ETH min managements this situation to the point where we are shit and one of our better attacking players is basically being given away at this point.
Doesn’t even help his case when he probably suggest he is given more money to buy ANOTHER WINGER.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Trafford.html

Roberto Garnacho wrote on Friday: 'If you all knew things that I know you would understand more about who starts and who do not
He can feel aggrieved if he wants. As can Garnacho, Pellistri, Amad, Rashford, Bruno, Van De Beek any time they’re not selected on the right. That’s fine, but how you react to it defines the impact of it. He's not the only one vying for that spot.

You can argue that Sancho is a ‘special case’ and he’s more sensitive. Yes, and he was given three months off from the same manager because of it. Were we questioning his man-management then?

and did it work? did it %@#$&!s!

Sancho did quite well for a few games after his return, before quickly reverting to 'meh' and being out of the team.

He's had the arm round the shoulder, he's had the kick up the arse. he's had time in the team, he's had time out. Nothing has worked. but its the one throwaway bit of criticism that people want to focus on to defend him.

Quote:
I agree.
All i said was i understand.
I’d have told him
You taking home a bar a month net at 22 , just apologise and play football until they sack him them clean slate”
But then I’m not a talented footballer in this generation that has everything in abundance and has a different mindset.
I’m close to that generation that say a “souness” so i slightly get it even if i don’t agree.

I’m not also a fan of ETH and think everything he does stinks so this heightens my angle on things.
and what would you have done if he still said “no”?

Would you still understand it?

Because that’s where we are now and that’s the main issue people have.

Unread 10-01-2024, 04:04 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Sancho did quite well for a few games after his return, before quickly reverting to 'meh' and being out of the team.

this is sanchos issue Imo.

if meh gets you out the team, why is the Brazilian who ceiling in 'meh' starting every game.

sancho said in that tweet
'im not gonna go into why I'm not starting but its something else'
garnachos brother said more or less the same thing

and then we have a player who is shit. (what did jaap stam even say about him) starting every game with no performances to warrant it.
it will provoke a player. as sancho said this has been going on a long time.

I understand .thats all.

Unread 10-01-2024, 04:22 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
this is sanchos issue Imo.

if meh gets you out the team, why is the Brazilian who ceiling in 'meh' starting every game.

sancho said in that tweet
'im not gonna go into why I'm not starting but its something else'
garnachos brother said more or less the same thing

and then we have a player who is shit. (what did jaap stam even say about him) starting every game with no performances to warrant it.
it will provoke a player. as sancho said this has been going on a long time.

I understand .thats all.
Again, that’s fine. Be aggrieved. But work hard. Either sink or swim. He’s sunk.

You mention Garnacho’a brother. Garnacho is exactly how you do it. He’s fighting to play on both sides with Rashford and Antony ahead of him. He could have had good reason for believing he should be starting ahead of both. Did he let that affect his effort? No. He improved and he took his chance when given. Now, you could argue he’s ahead of both. He’s certainly worked his way in the manager’s plans.

Maguire has done similar. Not fancied (admittedly not had his attitude questioned) but hasn’t complained. Worked hard and made himself valuable again. Even if he’s not the manager’s cup of tea.

You say you understand his reaction. So do I. But you also seem to side with him, would that be fair?

Unread 10-01-2024, 04:33 PM
Finport Red

Dunno if true, but I heard that ETH absolutely hates a hairline that’s so straight it makes it look like you could screw the player’s head off and pop a brain in.

Unread 10-01-2024, 04:35 PM
Patty_b

ETH didn't say anything wrong at all really. Sancho's reaction was over the top and just wrong.

All of that is forgivable, even on top of him being late and playing crap. Heat of the moment, lost his head, was in a bad place mentally at the time, young and immature etc etc... Lots of excuses as to why someone would react like that immediately. Some of them understandable.

But the problem is that after the fact when an olive branch was offered to move past it all, and with time to think about what he did and calm down, he refused to apologise. Either he doesn't think he has anything to apologise for, or he's that much of a #@&%! that he just wont. Either way he's put himself in this position from his refusal to take responsibility for his own actions and offer a basic apology for the good of the club that pays him, and his own career. In which case £#%&! him, he's to blame for that.

Lots can be said about ETH and I'm not massively convinced, and I wouldn't be upset if we could somehow find a good candidate to replace him. But how he's at fault for Sancho's pigheadedness... I've no idea.

Unread 10-01-2024, 04:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
ETH didn't say anything wrong at all really. Sancho's reaction was over the top and just wrong.

All of that is forgivable, even on top of him being late and playing crap. Heat of the moment, lost his head, was in a bad place mentally at the time, young and immature etc etc... Lots of excuses as to why someone would react like that immediately. Some of them understandable.

But the problem is that after the fact when an olive branch was offered to move past it all, and with time to think about what he did and calm down, he refused to apologise. Either he doesn't think he has anything to apologise for, or he's that much of a #@&%! that he just wont. Either way he's put himself in this position from his refusal to take responsibility for his own actions and offer a basic apology for the good of the club that pays him, and his own career. In which case £#%&! him, he's to blame for that.

Lots can be said about ETH and I'm not massively convinced, and I wouldn't be upset if we could somehow find a good candidate to replace him. But how he's at fault for Sancho's pigheadedness... I've no idea.
Postage

Unread 10-01-2024, 09:46 PM
marlo

Unread 10-01-2024, 10:43 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Throughout this saga I've often wondered: "What must Lothar Matthäus be thinking?! Well, with the greatest of respect, who cares?!

Unread 10-01-2024, 10:49 PM
armchair

A thing I've heard about him is he needs a perfectly functioning team around him to be at his best. That does sound a lot like he's a luxury player.

I think people expected a different type of player.

Unread 10-01-2024, 10:56 PM
Finport Red

Now that sulkfenomeno has given his opinion, backed up by the intricacies of a German scouting system built on ex footballers watching ten minutes of tv in the gym, I see the folly of my ways.

Man City, England, previous Dortmund coach, Ole, Ten Hag ALL wrong.

I can’t wait for the truth to inevitably come out, so we can find out what it was that made them all not rate him as highly as he rates himself.

Unread 10-01-2024, 11:07 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
A thing I've heard about him is he needs a perfectly functioning team around him to be at his best. That does sound a lot like he's a luxury player.

I think people expected a different type of player.
That’s exactly the same thing people said about Pogba. I think Sancho has wonderful technical attributes but you need the mentality and at this point, I don’t think he has it.

Unread 10-01-2024, 11:10 PM
Bunker Buster

Hope he does his anterior cruciate first game....

Unread 11-01-2024, 12:47 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Wtf? That's a £#%&!ing disgusting post about a United player.

YHGR

Unread 11-01-2024, 12:54 AM
armchair

Quote:
Don't post racist, homophobic, transphobic, anti-semitic, libellous, defamatory, sexist or bigoted messages. Don't post content that threatens or advocates physical or mental harm to oneself or others. Don't send any sort of threats, harassment or incitement to violence.

Unread 11-01-2024, 01:01 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
£#%&! Sancho

£#%&! him out the club period

£#%&! his #@&%! apologists off the forum

Draw a line move on

Unread 11-01-2024, 06:22 AM
Sheik JaBooty

For ten Hag to come out and say it in a press conference we can all see in our mind’s eye what Sancho was doing in training; and i’ll bet my last pound that it wasn’t the first time either. I’ve gone in on Antony, but i’ll also bet there’s never been a single session the useless @#%&! hasn’t given his all. That alone gets him picked imo.

Quite why people make excuses for these players is beyond me. He plays for Man Utd ffs, act like it. It’s like watching real £#%&!ing housewives.

Unread 11-01-2024, 08:27 AM
puressence

The poor lamb has reactivated his Instagram account. He’s literally the most pathetic £#%&!ing footballer I think I’ve ever come across. Surrounded by yea jadon no jadon people. He really must be £#%&!ed in the head . Look at me lads I’ll show him let’s reactivate the account .. £#%&!ing he’ll 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣