United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-12-2022, 10:39 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
start reading this thread from back of last season.

a few of us have been saying this. He isn’t good enough and tbh wasn’t good enough last season, it was being masked to some by his goals.

just look at the “magnificent bastard” playing in Saudi Arabia ffs.
Tell us what you said about Casameiro again...

Unread 31-12-2022, 10:41 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Still boiling piss of those who couldn’t care less about him

Stadium is about five minutes from my new office so will probably end up making friends with him.

Unread 31-12-2022, 11:15 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Unread 31-12-2022, 11:20 AM
Sapien

Quote:

Stadium is about five minutes from my new office so will probably end up making friends with him.
Jesus. As if it wasn't bad enough for him already.

Unread 31-12-2022, 11:28 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
maybe they didn’t want him?
I reckon most clubs would have been happy to take him if it was on reduced wages and he was willing to play a smaller role. Smaller ≠ less important, which I think he’s incapable of understanding. In Ronaldo’s mind, if he’s not starting every game and being the centre of attention, he’s not being treated right.

Its sad really as his ego no doubt played a role in how great he was at one point, but it’s become his downfall.

£#%&! him.

Unread 31-12-2022, 11:29 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

You still won’t get to £#%&! him

Unread 31-12-2022, 11:31 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Ffs

Unread 31-12-2022, 11:38 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I reckon most clubs would have been happy to take him if it was on reduced wages and he was willing to play a smaller role. Smaller ≠ less important, which I think he’s incapable of understanding. In Ronaldo’s mind, if he’s not starting every game and being the centre of attention, he’s not being treated right.

Its sad really as his ego no doubt played a role in how great he was at one point, but it’s become his downfall.

£#%&! him.
This.

I still think there’s a level left in him that’s worth having around, but he won’t seem to accept his powers are fading and he’s going down kicking and screaming. Plenty of clubs would love his experience, his penalty box instincts….but the wages and absolute circus he’s become now is nowhere near worth it.

It’s such a shame. And never mind anyone else, he should still be a valuable member of the squad for us. Plenty of games to go around but he just couldn’t accept the world not revolving around him.

And the Piers Morgan thing. Good God.

Unread 31-12-2022, 11:49 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
He could have done something positive I guess rather than something that is purely financial and also ethically questionable (given his leanings).

I mean what’s he currently worth? Isn’t he a billionaire already? He could have gone back to Sporting and helped the club that started his career.

Obviously, a naive thought when people are so driven by extreme wealth.
Good point.

It’s because he hangs around with multi billionaires he probably doesn’t think of himself as super rich. I know a couple d millionaires who think they’re poor. WTAF

Then it will be that he has only one yacht etc. like Beckham the quest for more will never stop.

Unread 31-12-2022, 11:53 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Good point.

It’s because he hangs around with multi billionaires he probably doesn’t think of himself as super rich. I know a couple d millionaires who think they’re poor. WTAF

Then it will be that he has only one yacht etc. like Beckham the quest for more will never stop.
Speaking of Beckham I saw he didn’t make the New Years Honours list again. Must be seething, especially after he spent hours queuing with the riff raff to look at the Queens coffin in an attempt to finally make it on there.

Unread 31-12-2022, 11:58 AM
Denis Irwell

Can’t stand the catarrh infested skaus @#%&! who couldn’t even get a regular gig for England but :

“Ronaldo finished his career with an interview for Piers Morgan and Messi finished his career with the WC” was spot on.

Most reds would agree with that, even though some fanboys kicked and screamed before it finally dawned on them.

Unread 31-12-2022, 12:16 PM
armchair

Unread 31-12-2022, 12:18 PM
Denis Irwell

Can’t stand the catarrh infested skaus @#%&! who couldn’t even get a regular gig for England but :

“Ronaldo finished his career with an interview for Piers Morgan and Messi finished his career with the WC” was spot on.

Most reds would agree with that, even though some fanboys kicked and screamed before it finally dawned on them.

Unread 31-12-2022, 12:20 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

£#%&! him.
200 million is still 200 million. Tax free I expect. But the other side of the coin is in sure his bank account has reached the status where he buys what he wants.

He could have gone to a Lisbon on 100k a week. Wack out a couple years on the champions league and piss a couple league titles. You’d think that’s what he wants , the medals , the achievements .

Saying that, there’s probably a load of millions in bonuses and whatever else that we don’t see. He could easily be being paid almost twice as much . He’s achieved 99% of things in the game. A nice 200-300 million retirement fund would be nice.

Unread 31-12-2022, 12:31 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
200 million is still 200 million. Tax free I expect. But the other side of the coin is in sure his bank account has reached the status where he buys what he wants.

He could have gone to a Lisbon on 100k a week. Wack out a couple years on the champions league and piss a couple league titles. You’d think that’s what he wants , the medals , the achievements .

Saying that, there’s probably a load of millions in bonuses and whatever else that we don’t see. He could easily be being paid almost twice as much . He’s achieved 99% of things in the game. A nice 200-300 million retirement fund would be nice.
If they offered him that he would've taken it.

Unread 31-12-2022, 12:34 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
If they offered him that he would've taken it.
Ay up Clinton Baptiste is in.

Unread 31-12-2022, 12:37 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Ay up Clinton Baptiste is in.
I think he's made that much of a tit of himself, no decent enough European clubs came in for him.

Unread 31-12-2022, 01:35 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
I think he's made that much of a tit of himself, no decent enough European clubs came in for him.
Was even offered to Frankfurt apparently and they turned him down. By all accounts he was offered to every CL club and none wanted him.

Unread 31-12-2022, 02:08 PM
dunk

He was done in the summer. We all knew he wouldn't want to come back, we all knew he wasn't the player he was and the end was near. United should've shaken his hand and told him he could go in May. The grim determination to keep him on for his monetary and marketing value £#%&!ed it for him and us. Yet another feather in the cap of the parasitic @#%&!s in charge.

This comparison with Messi thing is tired too. I imagine by nearly 38 Messi will be out of Europe's top leagues too. Albeit with far more decorum.

That said, he's behaved like a @#%&! and his reputation and legacy is taking the hit it deserves as a result. His bank balance will soften the blow, I'm sure, and all will be forgotten with a bit of time.

Unread 31-12-2022, 02:16 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He was done in the summer. We all knew he wouldn't want to come back, we all knew he wasn't the player he was and the end was near. United should've shaken his hand and told him he could go in May. The grim determination to keep him on for his monetary and marketing value £#%&!ed it for him and us. Yet another feather in the cap of the parasitic @#%&!s in charge.

This comparison with Messi thing is tired too. I imagine by nearly 38 Messi will be out of Europe's top leagues too. Albeit with far more decorum.

That said, he's behaved like a @#%&! and his reputation and legacy is taking the hit it deserves as a result. His bank balance will soften the blow, I'm sure, and all will be forgotten with a bit of time.
Messi has just won the World Cup, while scoring 7 goals and being voted the player of the tournament. Bit fanciful to suggest he’s going to be out of Europe’s top leagues in 2 years time ffs
Closed Thread