United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 10-01-2024, 01:20 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
this should have been the instant stop on a deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Dln_wGHWY

french accent in germany
It’s his accent now. What else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Don’t be bringing in logic and reasoning.

The real funny thing about all of this, it’s all under Sanchos control. All he has to do is apologise (as far as I know not publicly) and he would be back in training (minus the days he just doesn’t turn up)

Blaming ETH when Sancho can end the situation in seconds .

Definitely rage quits and blames him controller when things don’t go his way.
You do know I’ve said he should have apologised and got with it. You do know I’ve said that a few times.
Ironically you talk about reasoning, all I’m saying is i understand sanchos reasoning.
This situation couldn’t have been handled differently by both parties.

ETH style of managing isn’t the way and while you guys read and quote anything to do with sancho, you lot missed 2 senior respected ex players saying ETH doesn’t know how to man manage big players etc

Or do you only believe matic when he says negative things about sancho but not zlatan when he says negative things about ETH.

Unread 10-01-2024, 01:25 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
:rollseyes:
Id say being an utter melt on the pitch is the over riding thing. Can't remember one game that he memorably stood out in. Couple of decent games in no crowd covid games maybe where mentality didn't matter so much. Elite wages for an utter Meh of a player who has come through the first wave of pampered youth player entitlement era

Unread 10-01-2024, 01:26 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
It seems odd that a club would want a player back who was such a bad apple. You’d think Dortmund would have done their homework.

Agree with bunks though he’s just another of those new generation players who’ll never live up to his potential and probably actually doesn’t give a £#%&! considering he’s got tens of millions in the bank.
And I think that's the crux of the matter. He's already set up for several lifetimes, where's the motivation to do more than he has to if he's that way inclined?

The whole academy system and salaries needs completely revamping. One big contract and teenagers and their families are set up for life.

Unread 10-01-2024, 01:27 PM
est.1878

Has it been mentioned how much dortmund will(won't) be paying wage wise?

Unread 10-01-2024, 01:29 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Selective standards….

ok a player isn’t pulling his weight in training , and it’s deemed he isn’t puttikg in enough effort. The manager says the club have standards to uphold so this player isn’t worthy of being the match day squad

What about a player who is poor game after game, should he just keep getting picked every game despite not playing to the same high standard in games.

Surely standards count both ways.

If you dig deeper, sancho started 4/6 pre season games, starting as a false 9, played ok. Scored etc
Anthony an inferior player came back late played 1 preseason game and the opening 4 games of the season starts every game With sancho getting 20 minute sub appearances despite Anthony being shit in all those games.
Despite how Anthony is playing he is once again in Friday training , playing as the starter with sancho having to train as the opposition etc
Of course you gonna be pissed and maybe not put in effort as there’s no point. A player who is shit and plays shits every game just starts ahead of me repeatedly.I’d be pissed. So he downed tools in training.
The athletic interview went into this part of it. Look it up.

It’s not the best way to do things but i can understand that.

Just wanna bookmark this for future reference. I will be back here
So it’s not about what it’s about, it’s about something else. Thanks for clearing that up.

Just as a help for future though, turning up late for training and poor performances in matches are not the same thing. You can try and conflate them to support your argument, but it’s not working. If ETH has selective standards, you need to show where this is the case. Or admit you’re wrong.

marlo

Quote:
Id say being an utter melt on the pitch is the over riding thing. Can't remember one game that he memorably stood out in. Couple of decent games in no crowd covid games maybe where mentality didn't matter so much. Elite wages for an utter Meh of a player who has come through the first wave of pampered youth player entitlement era
You can say that about most of our squad though so that’s your point.

The club offered him those wages because they signed 21 year old English player who was putting up 20+ goal and assists 3 season in a row.

He went for the rough asking price for a player of that standard at the time.

We didn’t over pay for him, he just didn’t live up to this price tag.

believe

Quote:
Papers saying well pay 100k so I guess that’s 250 for Dortmund?

suedeshoes

Quote:
His beard [sic].

Unread 10-01-2024, 01:31 PM
Patty_b

Hopefully he can turn up for his flight in time.

Unread 10-01-2024, 01:31 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
60/40 Dortmund apparently...

Unread 10-01-2024, 01:33 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
So it’s not about what it’s about, it’s about something else. Thanks for clearing that up.

Just as a help for future though, turning up late for training and poor performances in matches are not the same thing. You can try and conflate them to support your argument, but it’s not working. If ETH has selective standards, you need to show where this is the case. Or admit you’re wrong.
But it’s selective nethertheless.
If a manager says you have to uphold certain standards or you won’t get picked for the game

Surely that’s applies in matches as well.

Here is an example of selective standards….
If you don’t play to a certain standard you don’t get picked for games.
Wasn’t that the rationale for maguire….
Maguire wasn’t playing well enough so was dropped
DDG wasn’t playing well enough so was kicked out the club
Why is Anthony consistently picked despite not playing well enough

Unread 10-01-2024, 01:35 PM
believe

Quote:
If a manager says you have to uphold certain standards or you won’t get picked for the game

I’m starting to think he gets a percentage of his appearance fees.

Thank £#%&! he’s gone (Sancho) I’m sick of hearing about the @#%&!

Unread 10-01-2024, 01:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Because he played well in his first season ? What's so hard to understand ? also pellestri is awful and Amad was injured...

Unread 10-01-2024, 01:39 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Because he played well in his first season ? What's so hard to understand ? also pellestri is awful and Amad was injured...
He didn’t play “well” last season.

Is pellistri is awful so is Antony. Hth

Unread 10-01-2024, 01:54 PM
est.1878

Quote:
You can say that about most of our squad though so that’s your point.
Most our squad aren't directly slagging the manager off online. They at least have the decency to give the papers negative dressing room stories on the sly.

Unread 10-01-2024, 01:54 PM
redhegemony

Quote:

DDG was originally offered a new deal on reduced terms that he rejected - maybe the club thought it was time to act on the absurd wages. He's clearly not as good at that point as he was in 2019.

You seem to think players don't have to take any responsibility for their actions maybe that reflects your values. Working people who support the cub through and through are entitled to see the players at the very minimum behaving professionally - but you love blaming someone else for their own failings.

RAWK would love you but then again you're probably just a WUM

All the match going reds I know think Sancho is an absolute £#%&!er and they can't wait to be shot of him, same applied to Pogba and does to Martial

Unread 10-01-2024, 01:59 PM
silv

Quote:

Anthony has been dropped mate

Unread 10-01-2024, 02:10 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
DDG was originally offered a new deal on reduced terms that he rejected - maybe the club thought it was time to act on the absurd wages. He's clearly not as good at that point as he was in 2019.

You seem to think players don't have to take any responsibility for their actions maybe that reflects your values. Working people who support the cub through and through are entitled to see the players at the very minimum behaving professionally - but you love blaming someone else for their own failings.

RAWK would love you but then again you're probably just a WUM

All the match going reds I know think Sancho is an absolute £#%&!er and they can't wait to be shot of him, same applied to Pogba and does to Martial
DDG was offered a deal, it was agreed and then pulled. Don’t make things up.

Yep I’m definately saying players don’t have to take responsibility. I definately say sancho should apologise.

And I don’t really care what your match going friends think.
I talk to people who go to as many games and I’ve yet to say them single out those three specific players as opposed to the rest.

Unread 10-01-2024, 02:20 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
DDG was offered a deal, it was agreed and then pulled. Don’t make things up.

Yep I’m definately saying players don’t have to take responsibility. I definately say sancho should apologise.

And I don’t really care what your match going friends think.
I talk to people who go to as many games and I’ve yet to say them single out those three specific players as opposed to the rest.
He rejected the first deal and the club decided not to go through with an extension, basic contract negotiation that I thought you'd be on top of.

Of course you don't care about ordinary match day fans who are the life and soul of the club.

Unread 10-01-2024, 02:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Sancho hasn’t been ostracised because he didn’t meet a standard while selected. He hasn’t even been ostracised because he didn’t meet the standards in training. He wasn’t selected for ONE match because of a poor training week. That’s not a big deal. This happened to Garnacho last season.

The reason this came to a head is because Sancho reacted to that by going on social media and publicly undermining the manager. Whether he’s right or wrong (he’s wrong) isn’t even important. You simply can’t do that. No player can expect to publicly oppose the manager without repercussions.

Even then, a simple apology would have sufficed. An admission that this isn’t the way to go about it. But no.

So what is a manager to do then?

To concede, with nothing from the player, entirely undermines the manager and is the very definition of player power: something we’ve lamented for years.

And let’s be Frank, it’s not like he was tearing it up beforehand, is it?

Oh, and he’d already been granted unspecified leave for several months by the same manager who is apparently being very very mean to him now.

He’d done £#%&! all up to that point, took six months off and then undermined the manager.

Jesus Christ, how much leeway does these lads need for their ridiculous wage? Is it too much to ask that they maybe come in, work hard and not £#%&!ing moan or ‘do a mental health’ the moment something gets remotely difficult?

Didn’t the little fart say in his whiney statement that he was going to stay and fight for the shirt like they always do?

Where’s that fight?

The player and the person have been nothing but a disappointment since they arrived.

Another disastrous waste of money we’ve now literally got to pay someone to take.