Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Title race
Yes 61 61.62%
No 38 38.38%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 19-02-2023, 10:04 PM
RedMenace

Good points. If we get everyone fit for the last few months we'll be in for some fun.

Unread 19-02-2023, 10:26 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
We've already played the two teams above us twice and I'd back us against anyone if we're on our game. The only issue is the amount of games we have. ETH seems to feel it's helping in terms of momentum and spirit but I think the further we go into the cups the harder it will get to sustain it. There's too big a drop in quality when we get some injuries or suspensions. In midfield in particular.
Just wish we still had them to,play. Reckon we’d beat both and benefit from 2x six-pointers

Unread 19-02-2023, 10:28 PM
armchair

I'm thrilled that United now look an attractive option for players. We were a career risk until recently.

I'll be happy with top four.

Unread 19-02-2023, 10:30 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
So far I think ETH’s done well to manage the players game time, considering we haven’t got the depth City have.

City are favourites obviously, but who knows. Big couple of week ahead that could give the players the belief needed to go on a crazy run.

It’s not all about the destination, let’s enjoy the journey.

Not felt this buzz at United games for a while but this season the fans have that feeling that we are back on track. Great response today and Ten Hag is asking for more of the same on Thursday. I hope we do what we did in 84 and get a positive result from a great performance.

Unread 19-02-2023, 10:53 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Trying to apply a bit of a neutral analysis.

I think you would probably struggle to fit a Rizla between Arsenal, City and ourselves at the moment. All three sides look pretty much even all things considered.

However, what I would say is that, of the three, only one of those teams appear to be improving week by week. And that is United.

Arsenal’s backsides have started to twitch. They’re not as vibrant going forwards and they’re getting nervous defensively.

City are pretty much on an even keel. They’ll knock over most teams without getting out of second gear, but they look much more careless than in recent seasons. They’re always in danger of a result like yesterday because they get too clever at one end and always give the opponents at least one big chance at the other.

Meanwhile, every game we seem to be increasingly confident in what we’re doing and our ability to do it. We’re still looking pretty solid at the back most of the time and we’ve put the fear factor back into playing against us. We still have big name injured and suspended players to come back and if we can keep ticking off the games the way we are doing, keep the pressure on those above, there’s every reason to be hopeful of building a head of steam.

Most of us, if we’re honest, keep waiting for that one game to come where we can give up on the title and admit it was all a bit fanciful this season. But that game hasn’t come yet, and the longer we go on without it coming then we might have to face up to the reality that there may be some genuine hope over the next three months.

From where we were in the middle of August, that is absolutely outstanding. If they keep the effort and commitment at the same level then, whatever the final table looks like, every one of those lads can look at themselves in the mirror and be proud of the work they’ve put in this season. They’ve earned the right to call themselves Manchester United players.

Unread 19-02-2023, 11:02 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
Trying to apply a bit of a neutral analysis.

I think you would probably struggle to fit a Rizla between Arsenal, City and ourselves at the moment. All three sides look pretty much even all things considered.

However, what I would say is that, of the three, only one of those teams appear to be improving week by week. And that is United.

Arsenal’s backsides have started to twitch. They’re not as vibrant going forwards and they’re getting nervous defensively.

City are pretty much on an even keel. They’ll knock over most teams without getting out of second gear, but they look much more careless than in recent seasons. They’re always in danger of a result like yesterday because they get too clever at one end and always give the opponents at least one big chance at the other.

Meanwhile, every game we seem to be increasingly confident in what we’re doing and our ability to do it. We’re still looking pretty solid at the back most of the time and we’ve put the fear factor back into playing against us. We still have big name injured and suspended players to come back and if we can keep ticking off the games the way we are doing, keep the pressure on those above, there’s every reason to be hopeful of building a head of steam.

Most of us, if we’re honest, keep waiting for that one game to come where we can give up on the title and admit it was all a bit fanciful this season. But that game hasn’t come yet, and the longer we go on without it coming then we might have to face up to the reality that there may be some genuine hope over the next three months.

From where we were in the middle of August, that is absolutely outstanding. If they keep the effort and commitment at the same level then, whatever the final table looks like, every one of those lads can look at themselves in the mirror and be proud of the work they’ve put in this season. They’ve earned the right to call themselves Manchester United players.
If Eriksen Antony and martial come back we could compete and challenge for all 4.

Martial I still want sold but he could prove useful in the FA cup and europa league.

The title is a long shot, but it’s possible. The only thing I will say in previous title wins, we wouldn’t have dropped points in the last min vs palace and the. Scousers.

I think with rashford we just rely on him a bit too much for goals. Nice to to see Sancho get on the scoresheet today but if he gets injured, it’s hard to see where the goals will come back. I think Bruno is probably our second top scorer?

There’s that element of “champions “ . We just don’t have that yet. Iif we keep improving game by game, who knows. Bigger margins have been clawed back in the league but it’s more in hope rather than expectation

Unread 19-02-2023, 11:14 PM
Sparky***

If we get to the last 5-10 games and we're within single digits of them, then i'll admit we're in it. But until then...

Unread 19-02-2023, 11:18 PM
Vedder

If we beat Liverpool at Anfield in a couple of weeks we’re winning the £#%&!ing lot
Closed Thread