United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-06-2021, 02:33 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Lukaku has improved his touch and back to goal play a bit since leaving United which is to his credit. But you can just see how much effort it takes for him to still do things that at the top level should be second nature. It was summed up towards the end of the game when he brought the ball down and held it for a couple of seconds only to underhit an easy short pass to a team mate gifting the ball back to Portugal in his own half. He did the hard bit but it was like it sapped the energy out of him to follow up on it.

Martinez has got him drifting to the right a lot more on counter attacks like at Everton which he rarely did here. At United he more often than not got in the way.
yup. that underhit pass was laughable after doing all of the hard work. but I do have a little sympathy there, because there have been plenty of times (more, recently) where I've done something similar.... done the hard bit and then just not quite had the energy/focus to finish it off. deep sight moments.

Unread 28-06-2021, 04:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I am glad lukaku has gone. he is a frustrating lump of bumbling oaf.

but let's not pretend he is completely shit and that falling over or letting the ball bounce off him is all there is.

his part in the goal was exemplary. if he could do that consistently, he would be unplayable. it's only because he can't that he's so shit.

I know this is true of any player. dalot's cup goal. kiko against villa. but still.... don't be too harsh on old hodor.
Said it before, and will again - he's the best shit footballer in the world.
Closed Thread