United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2021, 01:09 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
You’re not wrong about social being a cess pit but the idea that there’s very little racism outside of social media is equally laughable

I'm not sure that's what I said.

I said the overt casual racism that was common 40+ years ago has gone.

Now you may still see racism in everyday life outside of social media but that isn't my experience, in fact I can't remember seeing or hearing it at all for decades.

Does that mean there aren't still knuckle draggers who hate people who don't look like them? Of course there are, but they are underground muttering to themselves.

Your experience may well be different.

Unread 21-02-2021, 01:21 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I'm not sure that's what I said.

I said the overt casual racism that was common 40+ years ago has gone.

Now you may still see racism in everyday life outside of social media but that isn't my experience, in fact I can't remember seeing or hearing it at all for decades.

Does that mean there aren't still knuckle draggers who hate people who don't look like them? Of course there are, but they are underground muttering to themselves.

Your experience may well be different.
I’ll leave it to others to point out the flaw in the white man doesn’t experience much racism any more argument

Unread 21-02-2021, 01:32 PM
tatty

Quote:
I’ll leave it to others to point out the flaw in the white man doesn’t experience much racism any more argument
It is a blind spot that I could be in and I acknowledge that.

My experience still stands though; I don't see anything like the casual racism I did in the 80's, in fact I don't see any at all...except within football grounds and on social media.

Which is why I suggested two ways to stop those things.

But as I say, others will have a very different experience.

Unread 21-02-2021, 01:44 PM
jem

Quote:
we just have to live with being considered responsible for everything bad that happened ever. worse, if you are white and english.

Unread 21-02-2021, 06:21 PM
Carlton

Quote:
Try white girls then. How do they fare?
Closed Thread