United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-02-2013, 11:23 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Er... I'm not sure this is an altogether appropriate metaphor in the context of that club.
he should have been more clear and said young players are ready to push through the wall

Unread 22-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Er... I'm not sure this is an altogether appropriate metaphor in the context of that club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
he should have been more clear and said young players are ready to push through the wall
There's why Fred is the best site on t'internet

Unread 22-02-2013, 09:24 PM
jonaldo99

Default Rogers

Can see scousers doin ok next season

Unread 22-02-2013, 09:26 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaldo99

Unread 22-02-2013, 09:27 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Rodgers can or you can? And, if so, why?

(Figured I'd try to catch him off guard by attempting to engage him in a debate rather than just saying 'Hi Fuzzy')

Unread 22-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Gary Neville is a red, he hates scousers. What are you doing here?

Wum.

Unread 22-02-2013, 09:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Thank you for that contribution.

Unread 22-02-2013, 10:13 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

Unread 22-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Mr Castro

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

Unread 28-02-2013, 01:40 AM
Tumescent Throb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21601682

Sterling is lucky to have a manager like Rogers with the nous to intervene and rescue the kid from burnout is at Liverpool Football Club now imo.

Unread 28-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Ethers

"Tiredness of the legs"

Unread 28-02-2013, 03:00 AM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
"Tiredness of the legs"

He's got guy fawking of the legs.

Unread 28-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Jez Quigley

Default He seems

a top bloke does BR to be fair

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...esentment.html

It was no surprise the combustible Villas-Boas and Mourinho fell out, but more damagingly Clarke and Rodgers now have one of the frostiest relationships in the game.

Clarke played a pivotal role in getting Rodgers’ career started at Stamford Bridge and was torn apart by the way he was treated by the Ulsterman when their paths crossed briefly again at Liverpool last summer.
Clarke, regarded as one of football’s nice guys, had put his own reputation on the line to get Rodgers a job at Chelsea.

Yet when Rodgers arrived on Merseyside to succeed Kenny Dalglish as manager, Clarke – the club’s assistant-manager - learned about his dismissal with a phone call from the club’s human resources department, rather than from Rodgers himself.
Fortunately for Clarke, he has been able to rebuild impressively his shattered career at West Brom this season with the club standing seventh in the Premier League, and is too polite to follow Benitez’s example and go public with his grievances.
But as he walks out at Stamford Bridge this weekend, he’ll undoubtedly cast his mind back to 2004 when he was Mourinho’s assistant-manager at Chelsea and Rodgers an unknown 31-year-old whose playing career had been cut short by injury.

When a vacancy came up as youth-team manager, Chelsea playing idol Gus Poyet was the hot favourite until Clarke remembered the keen young coach he’d met on a pro-license course and recommended him to Roman Abramovich.
The rest, as they say, is history. Rodgers learned avidly under Mourinho and used four years at Chelsea as a springboard for his own managerial career, at Watford, Reading, Swansea and currently at Liverpool.

In all that time, Clarke felt his early assistance went unappreciated.

‘Even at Liverpool, Brendan never spoke to him through the process of Steve leaving his job. They knew each other well but he left it to another department to sort it out,’ confirmed a friend.
‘The thing that hurts most is he never got a thank-you. It’s an understatement to say he was badly treated.’

Rafa Benitez will know how he feels. It must be a Chelsea thing.

Unread 14-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Baron

Sahin wasn't a fan then...

Quote:
The Turkish midfielder joined Liverpool on loan in August but his stay was cut short in January after just seven Premier League appearances.

Sahin is laying the blame for his poor spell firmly at the feet of Rodgers for playing him in the wrong position.

Now back with Borussia Dortmund on loan from Real Madrid, Sahin told AS: "It failed at Liverpool. Brendan Rodgers wanted me playing at ten. But I do not play behind the strikers.

"I talked to him and asked why I was playing there - not my actual position.

"The coach could not answer...still, no regrets. To play and stay at Anfield is a wonderful thing. Maybe if I had not gone there I certainly could not have returned to Borussia Dortmund.

"Therefore, I am happy. But I have left Brendan Rodgers, thank God."

Unread 14-03-2013, 02:32 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Sahin wasn't a fan then...

Obviously his " up front and round the corner" speil got lost in translation.

Unread 14-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Mr Castro

Sahin's comments

Unread 14-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Aman27deep

Sahin made my day.

Unread 19-03-2013, 10:21 PM
djsst

Unread 19-03-2013, 10:23 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Quote: