United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 03-11-2023, 10:39 AM
Whip Hubley

I don't want sancho back in the team because he's shit.

Unread 03-11-2023, 10:42 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
To be clear, I don't want Sancho back in the team unless he apologizes....and I don't think one is forthcoming.

Sancho has a history of flakiness dating back all the way back to the Man City youth team.....Simply put, who the F passes up on wanting to break into City's first team? That should of been a red flag in itself.

That being said....I think Ten Hag could have managed the situation better.

I disagreed with his comments back in late July that Sancho was playing at the same level he was at Dortmund. That is BS, and probably aggravated Sancho.

(Hardly ever given a starting 11position, less games played, usually brought in on the 70 minutes...and yet still had more goals and assists than Antony, because frankly.....he is a natural talent....Antony is a grunt.)

and if his training didn't warrant a first team spot so be it, but Ferguson would have kept it quiet behind the scenes, and considering his luxurious contract....shipped him out on loan on the first opportunity.

Alternatively, I think it's possible that a manager with more experience managing potential superstars, may have been able to get a tune out of Sancho, particularly with Hojlund joining the team.

I would hope that once Diallo is back fit....he gets the same opportunity as Antony, because despite his age.....he has a hell of a lot more talent.
Thanks to esters, today’s his day to confirm that on this very forum.

Unread 03-11-2023, 11:04 AM
Stickman

I’d be happy enough to see him back in the fold tbh.

Unread 03-11-2023, 11:06 AM
silv

He needs to apologise or the managers authority is gone.

Unread 03-11-2023, 11:08 AM
marlo

Quote:
To be clear, I don't want Sancho back in the team unless he apologizes....and I don't think one is forthcoming.

Sancho has a history of flakiness dating back all the way back to the Man City youth team.....Simply put, who the F passes up on wanting to break into City's first team? That should of been a red flag in itself.

I disagreed with his comments back in late July that Sancho was playing at the same level he was at Dortmund. That is BS, and probably aggravated Sancho.

(Hardly ever given a starting 11position, less games played, usually brought in on the 70 minutes...and yet still had more goals and assists than Antony, because frankly.....he is a natural talent....Antony is a grunt.)

and if his training didn't warrant a first team spot so be it, but Ferguson would have kept it quiet behind the scenes, and considering his luxurious contract....shipped him out on loan on the first opportunity.

Alternatively, I think it's possible that a manager with more experience managing potential superstars, may have been able to get a tune out of Sancho, particularly with Hojlund joining the team.

I would hope that once Diallo is back fit....he gets the same opportunity as Antony, because despite his age.....he has a hell of a lot more talent.
perfectly put.

Sancho is abit of head case but he isnt some villain.

He had a decent-ish pre season and there’s no reason Antony should be an automatic starter over him every game.

Unread 03-11-2023, 11:19 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
there’s no reason Antony should be an automatic starter over him every game.
There's a very clear reason. That's the point.

Unread 03-11-2023, 11:19 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

ETH didn’t blurt it out. He was asked why he wasn’t in the squad and he said because of his performances in training. Ferguson from time to time has done things similar, he called out Rooney when he handed his is transfer request.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-news-alex-ferguson-11918367?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_mediu m=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

If you really want, here’s a link to some of the times he called an individual out due to their match performance or other situation in public.

The reason why you think it could have been handled better is because the media blow it all out of proportion. All he said was his training isn’t good enough to warrant a squad place.

You talk about protection, the three months Sancho had on his own, who knows what was happening behind the scenes and ETH didn’t once say he’s doing XYZ. He’s had protection. Sancho by his own admission in public has admitted his training standards aren’t great with Dortmund.

Even IF that was a mistake by ETH(which I don’t believe it was , manager needs all authority to stamp his discipline so he can implement what he wants to do)

I’ll give you the benefit of doubt and say even if ETH was wrong, Sancho then comes out in public undermining the manager and making the situation worse.

Where is the accountability on Sanchos part from “keeping it quiet”? Did Sancho not make the situation worse by calling his manager out in public? Does Sancho not get held to the same standard? Never mind what Sancho actually said was stupid and made no sense to begin with.

If the manager backs down now it just shows in public that players can have power to question the authority of their manager and come out on top. (Even after putting half arsed performances in training to begin with)

Unread 03-11-2023, 11:26 AM
redhegemony

How long would Sancho have lasted under Fergie - irrelevant really, as he wouldn't have bought him. Character and commitment with him were everything.

Unread 03-11-2023, 11:27 AM
AK14

That’s the thing isn’t it

Sancho had time away from the squad last season to get his mind right and ETH went along with it, put an arm around him and gave him the time he needed.

He’s clearly a stroppy little @#%&! and has played up again by underperforming in training, So the manager is well with in his right to demand more from the player after all that’s been done to support him.

He’d have been shipped out by now under SAF, along with a one or two others…

Unread 03-11-2023, 11:53 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Sancho had time away from the squad last season to get his mind right and ETH went along with it, put an arm around him and gave him the time he needed.

He’s clearly a stroppy little @#%&! and has played up again by underperforming in training, So the manager is well with in his right to demand more from the player after all that’s been done to support him.

No he wouldn’t have been shipped out.
SAF wouldn’t in this day and age say anything like that

ETH has also just fallen out with varane so it’s obvious he doesn’t know how to handle players at this level

Sancho isn’t some toxic member in the squad. He isn’t even a loud character. He is just a nice lad.
He reacted because it’s probably months of frustration as i would also be if Antony was preferred over me despite being shit week in week out.

But then again I’m yet to see any of the ten Hoes say a thing ETH does is wrong.
Even when we had weghorst you guys were defending the signing and saying he makes the team play better. You lot are lost!

Unread 03-11-2023, 11:55 AM
silv

Quote:

ETH has also just fallen out with varane so it’s obvious he doesn’t know how to handle players at this level

Sancho isn’t some toxic member in the squad. He isn’t even a loud character. He is just a nice lad.
He reacted because it’s probably months of frustration as i would also be if Antony was preferred over me despite being shit week in week out.

But then again I’m yet to see any of the ten Hoes say a thing ETH does is wrong.
Even when we had weghorst you guys were defending the signing and saying he makes the team play better. You lot are lost!
help us find ourselves again, oh shepherd! let us learn from our mistakes and drink from the alter of knowledge you stand at!

Unread 03-11-2023, 11:59 AM
NedKelly

Quote:

you’re clueless, son.

Unread 03-11-2023, 12:00 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

Yup, and like the previous post he probably would have had some due diligence on his training past and walked away from signing him to begin with. Just another notch on our amateur recruiting.

Unread 03-11-2023, 12:03 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
help us find ourselves again, oh shepherd! let us learn from our mistakes and drink from the alter of knowledge you stand at!
Well it’s to do with not living in the real world or knowing how things works

same with a lot of the old brigade in football which is why Keane for all his passion can’t manage.

Someone in here said yesterday if they were Ceo they say the manager is staying for his whole contract, any players that don’t like that can leave.

As if that’s how it works.

Assets worth over 1bn told to do one over ex Ajax manager.

the fans come to watch the players, the sponsors pay for the players to endorse their brands…not bloody ETH.
players aren’t bigger than the club but they will always hold more weight than the manager in terms of importance.

Unread 03-11-2023, 12:04 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

Personally signing a striker for free on loan with a record of 1 goal in 2 games in a very strong league would tell me Weghorst was a good option.

If at the very least one thing ETH does right , is that he seems to be living in your head rent free , you post so much every day making the same points that have been disputed over and over because you have no real value to add other than “ YOU LOT!!!!!…..but but but Weghorst!!!!….. ETH HOES!!!!!!”

You’re like a poor GCSE (I’m not talking about salary and finances please don’t post some some super expensive item you’ve recently purchased nobody cares) parody account with sound bites.

Unread 03-11-2023, 12:07 PM
marlo

the manager is paid to get a tune out of the players if he can’t the manager will he changed.
Mas if we let our marquee players leave in support of a manager who will replace them with more Antony’s and Mounts.

Ten Hag stock isn’t high enough for him to hold more weight than the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Personally signing a striker for free on loan with a record of 1 goal in 2 games in a very strong league would tell me Weghorst was a good option.

If at the very least one thing ETH does right , is that he seems to be living in your head rent free , you post so much every day making the same points that have been disputed over and over because you have no real value to add other than “ YOU LOT!!!!!…..but but but Weghorst!!!!….. ETH HOES!!!!!!”

You’re like a poor GCSE (I’m not talking about salary and finances please don’t post some some super expensive item you’ve recently purchased nobody cares) parody account with sound bites.
I know my grammar isn’t the best. It doesn’t bother me in the slightest.
As i said you’re free to call me dumb and all that but what does that reallt say about you.

For all your smartness what have you……

Unread 03-11-2023, 02:00 PM
Dacter

Quote:

Exactly this.

Last season, when there was clear mitigation for his poor performances, as far as we can see the club and manager supported him wholeheartedly.

If, on this occasion, the manager deems he doesn't warrant the same support then you've got to conclude that there is no such mitigation. He's just being a bone idle, unprofessional chubby little @#%&!hole with a gaming addiction.

Unread 03-11-2023, 02:28 PM
AK14

How can someone who trains poorly (by his own admission apparently) not be classed as toxic

It’s pretty much the definition of it, a player not willing to do the bare minimum and then sulk when called out on it = Toxic.

Do you think Guardiola, Klopp or Sampaoli would put up with a player that had months off to get his head right to then just come back and not put the effort in, especially when they’re trying to raise the standards of the club? No, they’d £#%&! them off asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
Exactly this.

Last season, when there was clear mitigation for his poor performances, as far as we can see the club and manager supported him wholeheartedly.

If, on this occasion, the manager deems he doesn't warrant the same support then you've got to conclude that there is no such mitigation. He's just being a bone idle, unprofessional chubby little @#%&!hole with a gaming addiction.
Correct.

Unread 03-11-2023, 03:02 PM
Jethro

Quote:
How can someone who trains poorly (by his own admission apparently) not be classed as toxic

It’s pretty much the definition of it, a player not willing to do the bare minimum and then sulk when called out on it = Toxic.

Do you think Guardiola, Klopp or Sampaoli would put up with a player that had months off to get his head right to then just come back and not put the effort in, especially when they’re trying to raise the standards of the club? No, they’d £#%&! them off asap.

Correct.
World class dig there

Unread 03-11-2023, 03:19 PM
marlo

Quote:

Correct.
Hazard was a bad trainer you say he is toxic. Sancho is a toxic player poisoning the minds of other squad members of anything he is a popular member of the dressing room.

The issue is your are conflating so many things.

Sancho is not blameless and innocent but his pov is easily under stable.
He is not being tested fairly in comparison to others.
How can there be repercussions for training badly but none for playing badly.
If ETH was no nonsense across the board then there’s nothing to say and this “favourites” thing has legs as it’s not about sancho. Other players are saying the same thing but then to you it’s can be as ETH is perfect.