United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by united1878
from official site

Nemanja Vidic would like to clarify comments attributed to him in several UK newspapers, which have either been taken out of context or misquoted.

Vidic conducted an interview with Russian football magazine Football Weekly, in which he was quoted criticising Manchester's weather and the English lifestyle.

In the interview the defender did discuss how difficult he found it adapting to life in England - including the rain Manchester occasionally experiences - when he first joined from Spartak Moscow in January 2006. He freely admits that, in his first six months in England, he struggled with a new language and culture which contrasted with that of Russia or his native Serbia.

But he feels compelled to clear up other comments attributed to him in the UK press, in which he supposedly said: "In Manchester the main attraction is a timetable at the railway station where trains leave for less rainy cities!

"In England people don't have time to feel the joy of life. Throughout the week they work so hard. They only talk to people at lunch. Then in the evening they watch TV so they can get up early for work the next day."

Nemanja told ManUtd.com: "I'd like to clarify that I did not make these particular remarks. I spoke about the difficulty I had settling in to life in Manchester, but that does not reflect how I feel now.

"I enjoy my life very much as a footballer at Manchester United and I'm very happy to be a part of this great club. I think I show that in the way I play every week. I also have far too much respect for the people of Manchester, and England, to criticise them in this way."

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Serenity Now

Anybody read Russian? http://www.manutd.ru/articles/9631/

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Yes unfortunately.........

Quote:
Намного тяжелее! Я приехал в Манчестер в январе, до этого у меня был отпуск больше месяца, а здесь у людей чемпионат в самом разгаре! И скорости такие, что нигде в Европе больше так не играют. К тому же почувствуй разницу: в «Спартак» я ехал всего лишь перспективным защитником, а здесь от меня сра
Sell the @#%&!...........That's unbelievable....

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Thiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...%3Den%26sa%3DG

Some of the stuff in the english papers today is there, wouldn't read too much into it though as it's the same interview where he was misquoted and then the ABU's in England got hold of it.

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago
http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...%3Den%26sa%3DG

Some of the stuff in the english papers today is there, wouldn't read too much into it though as it's the same interview where he was misquoted and then the ABU's in England got hold of it.
More groundbreaking news from the Oracle himself.

Unread 27-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Don Stuarte

Quote:
Намного тяжелее! Я приехал в Манчестер в январе, до этого у меня был отпуск больше месяца, а здесь у людей чемпионат в самом разгаре! И скорости такие, что нигде в Европе больше так не играют. К тому же почувствуй разницу: в «Спартак» я ехал всего лишь перспективным защитником, а здесь от меня сра

Vidie out

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Angry ffs vidic

okay the weather's shit

and great joke about the timetable

but dreaming of Spain is frowned upon by the intelligensia on this board

and don't ever ever taunt the English with their own enslavement

we're £#%&!ing free do you hear me, free I tell you

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Sparky***

foreign footballers complaining about the english weather is par for the course. It's so cliché.

A bit like being in spain and complaining about the rampant racism and hairy women.

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Zorg

This board is ace. Someone posts something and virtually every single response takes the piss out of people taking it seriously, even though no-one is.

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:22 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 27-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
This board is ace. Someone posts something and virtually every single response takes the piss out of people taking it seriously, even though no-one is.

there speaks a man who's read this thread

personally, I admit I didn't bother

that said, i'm sure it's more than just luck that my post stands proud, using your observation as a gauge

Unread 27-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Ginners

haha, sky sports news, asking fans about vidics comments. and its pissing down how typical
Closed Thread