United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2013, 09:20 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Must admit, thought selling Sheasy an odd one. Of course, he wasn't top notch but a useful squad man who wouldn't complain about lack of game time and he could've made a difference last year when injuries were at their worst. I get the impression Fergalstein sometimes feels some players getting a bit too comfortable and a shake up is in order but I reckon he got this one wrong considering we didn't make much of a dent in the debt with the proceeds.

No such qualms with Gibson
I don't know... surely his presence just holds players like smalling and jones back. id take Buttner anyday over O'Shea on the left and Smalling, Evans and Jones over him at CB. Hes a big useless lump.

Unread 17-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I don't know... surely his presence just holds players like smalling and jones back. id take Buttner anyday over O'Shea on the left and Smalling, Evans and Jones over him at CB. Hes a big useless lump.
nah, bit harsh. Fair point re: blocking youngsters but we could've actually done with him last season. He didn't block Poggers did he?

Maybe I just liked him because he had a big daft stupid grinning head

Unread 17-04-2013, 09:46 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Love seeing Arsenal get kicked all over the pitch.

Phil hasn't been narsty to them again has he?

Unread 17-04-2013, 09:50 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You could wheel out a similar gif for any player tbh. RvP has had a good few this season, for instance.
Not sure RVP ever had a shot that went 180 degrees in the wrong direction tbh.

And Gibbo + O'Pie?

Unread 17-04-2013, 09:51 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Not sure RVP ever had a shot that went 180 degrees in the wrong direction tbh.

And Gibbo + O'Pie?
Oh, he has. Rooney has done worse tbf.

Unread 17-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

fairly sure we haven't gone into many games this season operating with only 1 central midfielder. it can be a viable tactic in some games, but usually we go with at least 2 I think. hopefully it'll get us yet another win tonight in the quest to get our trophy back

Unread 17-04-2013, 12:47 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Totally agree. Ok, all our younger players/reserves got injured too but you can't legislate for that or we'd have a squad of about 60

Unread 17-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Are you for £#%&!ing real?

Only #@&%!s don't recognise what a great job O'Shea did for United over the years. Complete and utter £#%&!ing #@&%!s at that.
he was a very useful squad player and I couldn't see the point of constantly highlighting the fact that he was usually a bit shit

but the squad has gone up a few notches since he was sold, which just shows what replacing him sooner might have done

against that, with him in the squad we made the CL final 3 times in 4 seasons - with O'Shea doing okay in some of the key games (albeit £#%&! in some, too)

Unread 17-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Sloppy

Unread 17-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Sparky***

you know if wilshere wasn't a footballer he'd be scrapping in o'neills in £#%&!ing croydon every friday night or something.

Unread 17-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Vedder

I like that about him tbh.

Unread 17-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Sloppy

DREAM TEAM RATINGS
STAR MAN - PHIL JAGIELKA (Everton)

Quote:

ARSENAL: Szczesny 6, Sagna 6, Mertesacker 6, Koscielny 6, Gibbs 6, Walcott 7, Ramsey 6, Wilshere 7, Arteta 6, Cazorla 7, Giroud 6. Subs: Oxlade-Chamberlain (Wilshere 67) 6, Podolski (Walcott 68) 6, Monreal (Gibbs 90) 6. Not used: Mannone, Rosicky, Vermaelen, Gervinho. Booked: Arteta, Monreal.

EVERTON: Howard 6, Coleman 7, Jagielka 8, Distin 6, Baines 7, Mirallas 6, Gibson 6, Fellaini 7, Barkley 8, Pienaar 7, Anichebe 6. Subs: Jelavic (Barkley 76) 6, Naismith (Anichebe ) 5, Oviedo (Mirallas 90) 5. Not used: Mucha, Heitinga, Hitzlsperger, Neville. Booked: Gibson, Pienaar, Barkley. N Swarbrick 6.
He did absolutely £#%&! all.

Unread 17-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Sloppy

Unread 17-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Mr Castro

Wilshere a 7

5 at best last night.

Rating the referee too

Unread 17-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Are you for £#%&!ing real?

Only #@&%!s don't recognise what a great job O'Shea did for United over the years. Complete and utter £#%&!ing #@&%!s at that.
Great job? There were plenty of squad players out there who could have done a similar or better for us.

Just think it's amusing how you constantly bang on about Hernandez' lack of technique, when O'Shea's (a defender admittedly) is far worse .

Unread 19-04-2013, 02:48 PM
SteKellyEFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
And Liverpool....and chelsea.... Moyes hasnt won at our place, anfield, emirates or stamford bridge, has he? Shocking stat over 11 years.
Still a top manager though lad. Can't deny that.
Sadly, we'll never win at OT, Emirates or Anfield with him in charge.

Unread 19-04-2013, 02:59 PM
SteKellyEFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
As for Gibson, he was £#%&!ing terrible for us. Just awful. Serious revisionism here. He's doing ok at best for Everton too. In and out the side and still looks like the player we rightly sold but with a little more confidence having played some games.
Majority of everton fans think that Gibson is one of our best players believe or not.
You can tell the difference when he is in the midfield. But yeah, he didn't really get the chance at united but then again your midfield was class.

Unread 19-04-2013, 04:05 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteKellyEFC
Majority of everton fans think that Gibson is one of our best players believe or not.
You can tell the difference when he is in the midfield. But yeah, he didn't really get the chance at united but then again your midfield was class.
Gibson has found his level with your lot - and I mean that in a nice way, honest
Closed Thread