United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 17-07-2023, 05:13 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
In all honesty, I'd of let him go on loan if they pay 100% of his wages & have an agreement to buy next summer for say £35m.
United need the cash this summer. Our own reinforcements depend on it.

Unread 17-07-2023, 05:14 PM
NedKelly

Wonder when the Piers Morgan interview will be

Unread 17-07-2023, 05:15 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Seems to be quite the briefing going on from his side to the likes of Sky Sports at the moment:

Not short of options

Precious #@&%!. Just move on & everyone wins.
Ha. Last week his side were briefing that he was planning on staying. United make their move and take away the captaincy to sharpen his mind a little and now he's bleating. Love it.

Unread 17-07-2023, 05:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heathen
Ha. Last week his side were briefing that he was planning on staying. United make their move and take away the captaincy to sharpen his mind a little and now he's bleating. Love it.
One in the eye for the "he's always kept his head down and battles" crew....

Have it on quite good authority he quite the £#%&!ing snitchy poos to the media every now and then and has a real in place for leaks V Good press from the Greek incident....

A rat with a breeze block head....

Anything 40-50m get him gone....

Watch out he doesn't relegate your club though, yes good at that.....

Unread 17-07-2023, 05:37 PM
madhattricks

If I’m Maguire, I don’t leave unless United agree to pay the balance of my salary. No one else is going to come close to his wages.

Unread 17-07-2023, 05:40 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
One in the eye for the "he's always kept his head down and battles" crew....

Have it on quite good authority he quite the £#%&!ing snitchy poos to the media every now and then and has a real in place for leaks V Good press from the Greek incident....

A rat with a breeze block head....

Anything 40-50m get him gone....

Watch out he doesn't relegate your club though, yes good at that.....
i know we didnt see eye to eye on the gk thread, but i agree with you here

would love to see him at west ham, 30 mil in our back pocket

Unread 17-07-2023, 05:40 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
tune from a Great Band

Unread 17-07-2023, 06:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge
i know we didnt see eye to eye on the gk thread, but i agree with you here

would love to see him at west ham, 30 mil in our back pocket
Apology accepted, now let's move on....

Moving harry on now will free up a good chunk of funds for our strikers. We will have removed a weakness at the back and already improved last season with him not in the team ..

If Martinez can go a full campaign uninjured harry becomes a very quickly forgotten mistake...

Unread 17-07-2023, 07:11 PM
dunk

The problem for Microwave Barry, and United, is that options are exactly what he is short of. As well as pace, athleticism and ability.

Unread 17-07-2023, 08:51 PM
pedr0

Quote:
he feels like he has effectively been put up for sale
£#%&! me he's perceptive

Unread 18-07-2023, 01:58 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Ole killed him playing him against Leicester when he'd only trained for a day.

The sliding doors moment when he went from doing ok to a worldwide meme.

I'd accept a loan fee and the full 100% of his wage. 1 year less on his contract at the very worst. He might even do ok under Moysie.
He'd started to go to shit before then.

Unread 14-09-2023, 10:31 AM
Dr Stranger

Lads, you were warned.

He told you he was going to stay and fight. That fight has just gone up a gear. Enough is enough.

He’s told his Mum.

Unread 14-09-2023, 10:36 AM
NedKelly

I hate his mum too

Unread 14-09-2023, 10:42 AM
Dr Stranger

Banging on again how he’s been captain for four years so he’s used to criticism.

I don’t think I’ve ever known a United captain make a point that they’re United captain as much as he has.

Does he think it puts him on a level with Robson and Keane or something?

“We’re all just captains, aren’t we?”

His captaincy was during the worst spell at the club since the 1980s and he was stripped of it. Not even due to some scandal. Simply because he’s shit and doesn’t play.

Unread 14-09-2023, 10:43 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Lads, you were warned.

He told you he was going to stay and fight. That fight has just gone up a gear. Enough is enough.

He’s told his Mum.

https://x.com/centredevils/status/17...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ
Tbf, when that own goal went in the other night, I did feel for him. Just the impending dread of torrents of abuse that probably went through his head.

He should have moved for his own sanity. He could do with time away from both United and England. Any mistake is magnified enormously and it is leading to him committing even greater errors.

Unread 14-09-2023, 10:43 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Lads, you were warned.

He’s told his Mum.

https://x.com/centredevils/status/17...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ
Anyone with a brain would known if he left to got to West Ham, there would be a lot less pressure in a team suited to his style. He would have been on millions a week playing European football. Playing regular football that can maintain his England place. Playing for a team (as much as I dislike most prem teams) have a good history and aren’t a plastic club with a decent fan base.

He only has himself to blame. Staying at United with that stupid high fee mentioned every few seconds. Staying at United knowing you’ve gone from captain to 4th choice CB in the space of a year. Staying at United knowing his chances to break back into the team are slim when fans and manager have given up.

All that could have gone this summer, it was his choice to turn West Ham down.

£#%&! off with any sympathy for him, he and only he himself has been put into the position where his club doesn’t like him , opposition fans know he is a meme here and will continue to boo/cheer him.

£#%&! off you slab headed bastard, it’s like he’s surprised his actions have consequences….this is before even getting into his actual ability to play at the highest level.

Unread 14-09-2023, 10:44 AM
My Name is Heath

I’ve done a 180 on him

He’s not Hitler. He’s not Stalin.

He’s a centre back with a lot of skills who has had some decent success but is just not at the very, very top level we need

As for taking a salary…how many nimrods would willingly take a pay cut?

I like him.

Unread 14-09-2023, 10:49 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Tbf, when that own goal went in the other night, I did feel for him. Just the impending dread of torrents of abuse that probably went through his head.

He should have moved for his own sanity. He could do with time away from both United and England. Any mistake is magnified enormously and it is leading to him committing even greater errors.
I think I’m somewhere in the middle. The abuse has become a meme and it’s over the top. He’s getting criticised for things he’s not even doing (“look! He marked his own player!”), but most of it still comes down to him being shit and failing to actually do anything to address it. The goal the other night was so unnecessary. he wasn’t really unlucky. It was a lazy, stupid moment I wouldn’t expect from someone who is fighting for their club and international career.

Turning down the move this summer will prove to be a massive mistake. His stock has never been lower and he was given the chance to join a good team and become a pivotal part of it. A real chance to rebuild his career…. But he’s rather have the money. He’d rather have the status of being a United player. Not to mention that screwed up any chance of bringing someone in who could actually help us. I lost any sympathy for him after that.

Unread 14-09-2023, 10:55 AM
Patty_b

If he wanted to leave but the club stopped it because they want him for cover or some other bizarre reason then I'd have the upmost sympathy for him and his struggles to get in team. I'd probably be backing the lumux all the way if that was the case.

But as it is, he can £#%&! off. He knew what he was doing when he made the decision to hold out for a pay-off instead. He knew that he was always going to be well down the pecking order in terms of team selection. He knew that he'd remain the meme he's become if he stayed at the club. He knew that he had no future at the club. He knew that the fans didn't want him at the club anymore.

He didn't give a £#%&!.

The torrents of abuse and the irl trolling is well over the top. But when he had the perfect opportunity to put that to bed the other week, and he knew it would, but decided to £#%&! it off because he wanted a fat lump sum to go off and play first team football in the Premier League at a club where he was actually wanted... My sympathies wane.

But at least his mum's involved now. That's bound to sort the trolls out...

Unread 14-09-2023, 10:57 AM
silv

Bringing your mum to school to fight your battles

embarassing