United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-10-2023, 01:46 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
there is no magical "silver bullet" here and whatever "solution" people would like to happen will take time and patience to correct years of negligence.

its not just a case of change one thing and everything will fall into place, its a hundred different things that all need to be addressed from recruitment to medical science to analysis to player renumeration etc etc.

everybody in the club needs to improve and pull in the right direction, we need quality executives that are only interested in the good of the results rather than the next commercial partnership.

For too long we have had short term "fixes" whether that be a different manager or signing a fading star name - rather than take the short term pain of doing the right thing and getting things right in the long run

Fans need to understand the shitshow is going to take a while to fix and changing the manager at the first sign of trouble is not the route to take.
Super post.

Unread 04-10-2023, 02:20 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
there is no magical "silver bullet" here and whatever "solution" people would like to happen will take time and patience to correct years of negligence.

its not just a case of change one thing and everything will fall into place, its a hundred different things that all need to be addressed from recruitment to medical science to analysis to player renumeration etc etc.

everybody in the club needs to improve and pull in the right direction, we need quality executives that are only interested in the good of the results rather than the next commercial partnership.

For too long we have had short term "fixes" whether that be a different manager or signing a fading star name - rather than take the short term pain of doing the right thing and getting things right in the long run

Fans need to understand the shitshow is going to take a while to fix and changing the manager at the first sign of trouble is not the route to take.
It is undoubtably true that a lot needs to change above EtH. But he should be able to get more out of these players. The shit above him isn't a get out of jail free card. The results are abysmal.

Unread 04-10-2023, 02:34 PM
shenwen

I know many object strongly to Qatar - and I understand and respect that - but right now I'm feeling the only way things will change for the better is if someone comes in, buys the club and pumps in some £#%&!ing money - to the back office as well as on the pitch - and changes the entire culture of the club. And Sir Jim and his minority shares isn't going to do that. Otherwise we seem stuck in this cycle of loose optimism followed by crushing disappointment. And I bet the Glazers don't even care

Unread 04-10-2023, 02:54 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
At the moment United remind me of Arsenal in Arteta's 2nd season in charge where they lost about 8 of their first 13 league games and were about 15th in the table. They looked absolutely hopeless.

The new manager bounce had left and they were into the early stages of a full-on squad revamp and getting rid of the likes of Aubameyang, Ozil, david luiz and mkhitaryan.

We're just going to have to ride this out until we get something resembling a settled team together. There's no drastic action that is going to fix anything.

Of course their only win during that period was against us

Unread 04-10-2023, 08:01 PM
Big Norm

Unread 04-10-2023, 08:10 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm

Unread 04-10-2023, 08:58 PM
AK14

Quote:
And that’s the problem with the likes of Mctom, Maguire and Martial etc.

He can’t go full pelt at them because chances are they’ll still be here at the end of transfer windows and these lads have mates in the squad which won’t like their pals being treated ‘unfairly’…

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:00 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
I thought the pointing at the head thing was confirming how mentally strong he is?

It means the opposite?

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:02 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I thought the pointing at the head thing was confirming how mentally strong he is?

It means the opposite?
Think it’s a threat to Erik of what he’ll do to himself if he’s ever dropped. Erik doesn’t want a Marcus Cobain on his conscience. Emotional blackmail, from an emotional black male. It’s just not on.

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:09 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Think it’s a threat to Erik of what he’ll do to himself if he’s ever dropped. Erik doesn’t want a Marcus Cobain on his conscience. Emotional blackmail, from an emotional black male. It’s just not on.

If this is his next celebration if he ever scores a goal again, we'll know...

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:12 PM
NedKelly

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:15 PM
marlo

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:16 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Newcastle don’t have a bunch of entitled shit @#%&!s in the squad.

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:17 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
That’s what we’ve been trying to tell you. New owners and a complete cultural reset can do wonderful things for a team.

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:24 PM
AK14

Quote:
That’s what we’ve been trying to tell you. New owners and a complete cultural reset can do wonderful things for a team.
Very good point well made Nedders.

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:28 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Very good point well made Nedders.
Thanks. Even a broken clock etc.

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:29 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Quote:

Unread 04-10-2023, 09:31 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Spot on Ned, but he normally ignores points that he can't or won't debate....

V sad.

Europa tmrw, wonder which team we will be compared too...

Unread 04-10-2023, 10:17 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Spot on Ned, but he normally ignores points that he can't or won't debate....

V sad.

Europa tmrw, wonder which team we will be compared too...
yep because everyone knows eth just needs more money to make us successful.

you are all deluded and slow to catch on like in most subjects.

ETH is not good enough to manage Manchester United.

its got to the point I don't think he has any tangible positives.

-squad morale is a low as it can be with his ridiculous favouritism
-the injuries have a lot to do with his stupid archaic training methods.
-his poor in game management

all he is a dutch. just dutch manager wasting out money while aesthetically looking like a good manager without any sort of proof of progress to back it up.
he trimmed down our squad , shaving about 10 players and buying about 10.
the united squad before he joined, would beat the one we have now and we've spent 400m. genius.

as I said in the summer, we will spend the whole season gossiping about other clubs. liverpool are doping, arsenal are annoying and so on.
while embark of embarrassing new milestones of failure under the manager we credit for how well we did last season but absolve him of any blame for how utterly shit we are this season.

I reckon I could correlate the relative success in real life of some on here with the lack of accountability they place on eth. its how their putrid little mind works. its tells its own story.

Unread 04-10-2023, 10:19 PM
NedKelly

Way to miss the point.
Closed Thread