United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
schweini at united - £#%&!ing get in

i've been a united fan since the late 80s, and this is the first time i can remember us signing a genuine world class player from another top team. am i right, or have i forgotten somebody?

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Eric.

Not ever had a shock signing since. That one was a massive bolt out of the blue.
it was a shock signing, but he wasn't a genuine world class player when we signed him, imo

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:34 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:

i've been a united fan since the late 80s, and this is the first time i can remember us signing a genuine world class player from another top team. am i right, or have i forgotten somebody?
That scrawny Argentinian we signed last year was probably in that bracket, worked a treat

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:35 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
it was a shock signing, but he wasn't a genuine world class player when we signed him, imo
Really? French international, helped his club to win the league title after being promoted?
I'd say he was deffo a worldy then.

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:36 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:40 PM
taff

gif draggers

we'd have had a world-class strikeforce in the '90s if the ortega-batistuta axis had come off. £#%&!ing clubcall

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:46 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Really? French international, helped his club to win the league title after being promoted?
I'd say he was deffo a worldy then.
not absolute top level when we signed him imo. some united fans even say he wasn't when he left us due to perceived poor performances in europe. don't agree with that, but i still wouldn't say he was a genuine world class star in 1992.

gif draggers

van persie, veron and di maria all quality, but not world class when they signed for us. veron i would say is the only one you could argue that was at the time of us signing. there's a difference between a quality or surprise signing and a genuine world class one. all imo, of course...

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:47 PM
Why Don?

The last one was definitely Veron.

Still can't believe how immense Juve's midfield was with him and Zidane in the centre together.

My nan said it was like we were playing against 12 men against that team.

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:48 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
gif draggers

we'd have had a world-class strikeforce in the '90s if the ortega-batistuta axis had come off. £#%&!ing clubcall

remember racking up a massive phone bill on that one summer. my mum thought i was calling sex chat lines, but this was even sadder.

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?

Still can't believe how immense Juve's midfield was with him and Zidane in the centre together.

Veron never played for Juventus.

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:49 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?

probably because he never played for juve, pal...

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:51 PM
dragflick

He's thinking of Nedved isn't he. Linked with them both back then. Ish.

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:52 PM
moyescaust

Think he's thinking of deschamps or David's but don't know how you can mix them up with veron tbh.

poppy

Veron and Zidane - the dream pairing.

Literally.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
No zidane had left for Madrid by the time nedved showed up.

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:53 PM
moyescaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Can't rembeber was nedved against us in 99 ?

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:53 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No zidane had left for Madrid by the time nedved showed up.
Oh £#%&! knows who he's thinking of Davids?

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:55 PM
Jack Duckworth

think he's thinking of rob lee.

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyescaust
No.

Unread 11-07-2015, 11:59 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyescaust
Nah wasn't there then, he played against us for Juve in '03 when we @#%&!ted them 3-0 at their place though. Giggseh tearing them apart iirc.
Closed Thread