United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:47 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I thought we had Atalanta this week.

That’s probably worse for him. Thought the CL might provide a bit of safety to him.
It's probably best for him that we play against Spurs next, think Atalanta away will be a much more difficult game.

Unread 25-10-2021, 08:52 AM
dinger

If he isnt out the door by this afternoon then its all coming down to City handing out a humiliating thumping even worse than yesterday before they pull the trigger or he has some self respect and resigns.
And them 3 #@&%!s on the bench with him better be gone too

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:01 AM
Dr Stranger

Any leaks about “100% support” today?

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:01 AM
Zorg

5-0 at home to Liverpool for a United manager is basically football gross misconduct. The equivalent of embezzling the Christmas party money, turning up drunk and feeling up Sue from Accounts.

Imagine the reverse ffs: Jan Molby at the helm for Liverpool, us doing that to them at Anfield, and Carragher saying they should stick with him. We'd be in hospital from laughing so much.

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:11 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
5-0 at home to Liverpool for a United manager is basically football gross misconduct. The equivalent of embezzling the Christmas party money, turning up drunk and feeling up Sue from Accounts.

Imagine the reverse ffs: Jan Molby at the helm for Liverpool, us doing that to them at Anfield, and Carragher saying they should stick with him. We'd be in hospital from laughing so much.
Yep.

Ex-players laughing in the studio BEFORE the game. Fans taking the piss all game singing Ole songs. Singing “give us a wave”….surprised he didn’t wave back tbh.

It was utterly embarrassing and humiliation of the highest order. He really should quit.

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:16 AM
Jethro

I can't really put into words my anger last night. This fixture turns me into a horrific sore loser. Thank £#%&! no one in work watches Football.

Ole needs to fall on his sword, a modern day Mishima. But then again why should he? His performance as a manager doesn't excuse the gross negligence at the higher levels of the club. They haven't a £#%&!ing clue and that's why I think they'll panic and beg Fergie to come in till the end of the season if things get really really bad.

Maguire, AWB, Fred, Shaw, Rashford, Bruno all should be dropped for next week. But they wont and therein lies the biggest issues. Ole is shit scared of his players.

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:20 AM
dinger

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yep.

Ex-players laughing in the studio BEFORE the game. Fans taking the piss all game singing Ole songs. Singing “give us a wave”….surprised he didn’t wave back tbh.

It was utterly embarrassing and humiliation of the highest order. He really should quit.

Both spot on but does it seem like he'll pack it in? I dont think so, that gormless look on his face, the out of date cliched football sayings after pathetic performances, for a United legend who knows the club inside out he doesnt seem to grasp how badly this is f***ed, is he a bit slow?

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:21 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I can't really put into words my anger last night. This fixture turns me into a horrific sore loser. Thank £#%&! no one in work watches Football.

Ole needs to fall on his sword, a modern day Mishima. But then again why should he? His performance as a manager doesn't excuse the gross negligence at the higher levels of the club. They haven't a £#%&!ing clue and that's why I think they'll panic and beg Fergie to come in till the end of the season if things get really really bad.

Maguire, AWB, Fred, Shaw, Rashford, Bruno all should be dropped for next week. But they wont and therein lies the biggest issues. Ole is shit scared of his players.
Beg fergie to come back?

Behave

Knowing us in it will be Phelan and Carrick after another few weeks of this dross

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:29 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Both spot on but does it seem like he'll pack it in? I dont think so, that gormless look on his face, the out of date cliched football sayings after pathetic performances, for a United legend who knows the club inside out he doesnt seem to grasp how badly this is £#%&!ed, is he a bit slow?
Oh he won’t quit. Managers rarely do these days. They’re so invested and get lost in the job, that they always think they’re a few tweaks from getting it right. He even said it himself “we’re too close to give up”. Like a gambler going further into debt…. “Yeah,. But this next one ….”

“I’m no quitter” is seen as virtue, but it isn’t when quitting would be the better thing to do. Recognising that something isn’t working and changing it takes balls.

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:30 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

This is worse than any rawk shit we used to laugh at.

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:33 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
It’s true though. Sadly.

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:33 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Yep. They might have got bad, but I don't think they ever let themselves become a laughing stock like this.

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:35 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Even when we were at our best, we NEVER turned up there and embarrassed them.

That’s the 4th time they’ve scored 4 or more in the last 14 years. Second time in six years they’ve won by three or more.

In my lifetime , we have never scored 4 at Anfield or won by more than 2 goals. Our clearest wins have been 3-1 twice.

It’s £#%&!ing sickening.

I was actually quite numb to it all as it was happening because I had a horrible feeling it would. Today, I’m actually angrier now the dust has settled.

I’m angry that it’s happened, I’m angry at the nature of it and I’m angry that nobody in the club will do a damn thing about it. We have to sit and take it and we’ll keep giving everyone their biggest gut laugh of the season by keeping him on.

Any further humiliation is deserved by the club, but only gets felt by the fans.

It’s a £#%&!ing disgrace.

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:40 AM
Boring Dave

It’s the fact the fall out from this will last the rest of our lives that hurts the most, despite whatever happens. The 5-0 vs Newcastle is still brought up as a reference point

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:41 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory Dave
It’s the fact the fall out from this will last the rest of our lives that hurts the most, despite whatever happens. The 5-0 vs Newcastle is still brought up as a reference point
Yep.

It’s there, on record. Their biggest away win to us ever.

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:42 AM
puressence

they have played at old trafford 3 times this year scored 11 goals weve managed 5 ..

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:44 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
they have played at old trafford 3 times this year scored 11 goals weve managed 5 ..
5 is decent. Nearly 2 per game. Progress 😎

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:47 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory Dave
Ole will never get rid of this stain.

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:52 AM
Lodestar

Aside from Maguire's apology to the fans (can you imagine Keane saying that after a game?), Ole's comment "we're so close" did me. There was zero grounds for that observation after annihilation on our own patch. It was akin to that Iraqi Ministry of Information guy declaring "everything is under control" while American tanks loomed in few streets away. The level of denial is epic. It's as if he just needs to tell McFred to tighten things up a bit and we'll turn a corner for Spurs.

Unread 25-10-2021, 09:52 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Ole will never get rid of this stain.
Tbf if city do us by more than 5 then this won't be that bad.

it might blend in with 1-6 spurs and whatever is coming down the pipe.
Closed Thread