View Poll Results: Yes or no?
Yes 46 33.09%
No 93 66.91%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 18-08-2023, 12:19 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
No. Is that a prerequisite for having an opinion on the matter?
opinions are like arseholes - you can say no to someone who wants to insert something you don't think should be there.

Unread 18-08-2023, 12:20 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Where does that say that in the vast majority of cases there's insufficient evidence to proceed with a prosecution?
It doesn't. It says that less than 24% of domestic abuse cases get reported, meaning over 76% don't go to court. 76% is a majority according to my maths.

Unread 18-08-2023, 12:24 PM
Offerington

Quote:
No. Is that a prerequisite for having an opinion on the matter?
No, but from experience during this saga, it would have made a lot of sense given your immovable, unreasonable stance etc.

Unread 18-08-2023, 01:07 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
It doesn't. It says that less than 24% of domestic abuse cases get reported, meaning over 76% don't go to court. 76% is a majority according to my maths.
Oh, so something completely different then. Your maths is fine - it's your English which is sadly lacking.

Unread 18-08-2023, 01:13 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington
No, but from experience during this saga, it would have made a lot of sense given your immovable, unreasonable stance etc.
My stance is neither immovable or unreasonable given the details that are currently in the public domain.

As many other posters have pointed out, all these additional "facts" being talked about have still not been publicised. This is leaving a vacuum currently being filled with theories on role playing, rogue actresses and God knows what else.

The impression that domestic abuse, both physical and sexual, took place due to the audio and photos released remains whilst no one involved in it has given any alternative explanation.

If there is a reasonable explanation given that contradicts this impression, I have no issue accepting this.

Thus far, this is completely absent.

Quote:
Oh, so something completely different then. Your maths is fine - it's your English which is sadly lacking.
It's your understanding that is sadly lacking pal.

Are you saying there is sufficient evidence in unreported cases to lead to a conviction?

Unread 18-08-2023, 01:15 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
My stance is neither immovable or unreasonable given the details that are currently in the public domain.

As many other posters have pointed out, all these additional "facts" being talked about have still not been publicised. This is leaving a vacuum currently being filled with theories on role playing, rogue actresses and God knows what else.

The impression that domestic abuse, both physical and sexual, took place due to the audio and photos released remains whilst no one involved in it has given any alternative explanation.

If there is a reasonable explanation given that contradicts this impression, I have no issue accepting this.

Thus far, this is completely absent.

It's your understanding that is sadly lacking pal.

Are you saying there is sufficient evidence in unreported cases to lead to a conviction?
We're communicating via the medium of written text in the English language. Kindly re-read the thread and attempt to understand where you have gone wrong.

Unread 18-08-2023, 01:19 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
We're communicating via the medium of written text in the English language. Kindly re-read the thread and attempt to understand where you have gone wrong.
Ditto.

Unread 18-08-2023, 01:20 PM
jem

Quote:

Unread 18-08-2023, 01:20 PM
NedKelly

Surprised at the distinct lack of ‘HTH’ so far. Hoping grinchers might change that.

Unread 18-08-2023, 01:24 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Ditto.
Ok norm. You got me. How the £#%&!ing hell is there a 'case' if it's never been reported?

Riddle me that.

Unread 18-08-2023, 01:42 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Ok norm. You got me. How the £#%&!ing hell is there a 'case' if it's never been reported?

Riddle me that.
Oxford English Dictionary definition of the word "case"

an instance of a particular situation; an example of something occurring

Unread 18-08-2023, 01:44 PM
est.1878

It's the great war of semantics and it's LIVE

Unread 18-08-2023, 02:03 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Oxford English Dictionary definition of the word "case"

an instance of a particular situation; an example of something occurring
Yes that was definitely the context the word was being used in

Unread 18-08-2023, 02:37 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Where does that say that in the vast majority of cases there's insufficient evidence to proceed with a prosecution?
Even if its not a majority, I think the point still stands. There will be far too many and I bet its a higher % than most other cases.

Unread 18-08-2023, 03:20 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Quote:
TV presenter Rachel Riley has said she will stop supporting Manchester United if footballer Mason Greenwood stays at the club.
https://news.sky.com/story/mason-gre...stays-12942074

What an absolute joke.

Social-climbing, fame-vampire who is now fast-approaching the wrong side of 40, with her looks on the wane, and career in a downward spiral, desperately attempts to cling to the tailcoats of public relevance by dragging down and destroying the promising career of a young, mixed-race boy from the north.

Its YOU who should be out of our club, Riley! Good £#%&!ing riddance.

Unread 18-08-2023, 03:22 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Even if its not a majority, I think the point still stands. There will be far too many and I bet its a higher % than most other cases.
Cheers for that mate. Appreciated.

Unread 18-08-2023, 03:25 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

What an absolute joke.

Social-climbing, fame-vampire who is now fast-approaching the wrong side of 40, with her looks on the wane, and career in a downward spiral, desperately attempts to cling to the tailcoats of public relevance by dragging down and destroying the promising career of a young, mixed-race boy from the north.

This changes everything.

Mason in!

Unread 18-08-2023, 03:36 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

What an absolute joke.

Dual-heritage or biracial.

'mixed'-race is outdated and clumsy.

And your hate for Rachel Riley is weird.

Unread 18-08-2023, 05:52 PM
TheHatchetMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

What an absolute joke.

Amen. Rachel Riley us a hateful spiteful tory bitch.

Wasn't long ago she was selling fake corbyn t shirts and pushing propaganda to paint him in a bad light.

This news will just make people want Greenwood back if it removes her association to the club.

Unread 18-08-2023, 06:35 PM
jem

the fragrant rachel's opinion is just as relevant as anyone else's. and just as irrelevant. she's an upgrade on vordermort and should cherished.

personally, I think anyone who continued to support united when mou was manager should suck up whatever is on offer.