United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-10-2021, 11:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Lose at Spurs and he’ll walk imo.
He won't, he wants his payoff (and part of me can't blame him)

Unread 24-10-2021, 11:28 PM
westcoastvan

My biggest problem with Ole is that he runs his players into the ground and doesn't give them enough recovery time from injuries....

There were at least 5 players in the starting 11 that are trying to play through some injury.

Luke Shaw should have been pulled early and subbed by Telles or Dalot
I would have taken off The Scottish Player and put in Matic or Van De Beek.

He doesn't have the confidence to sub players, personally, because I believe he doesn't know how to develop talent, or use their attributes.

All that talent on the bench, must be ringing up their agents and telling them to get the hell out of United.

Unread 24-10-2021, 11:29 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple sod
He's midway through his second season and, after cleaning up Mourinho's mess, we are second

PS the football has been miles better than anything post Fergie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Not a day goes by when I don't wish some of our defeats in the league had come away from home especially at a time when home and away form is more relevant than ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Hey, welcome back brother.

You're wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Does anyone still think he isn’t doing a good job?
Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, several full time #oleout dicks still on there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple sod
Any sightings of Saffers seen since we beat Spurs btw?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Last posted in the Granada thread (5 posts in between the 17th and 32nd minutes). Unfortunately, we scored in the 31st minute and I assume when his stream caught up he'd had enough. Nothing after that, until the morning after, where he praised Tuchel for no apparent reason. Nothing for our 3 victories in the last week either.

Given how desperate he was for Ole to prove him wrong, you can only assume he's been really busy. Just like when he "missed" our 0-1 win at the San Siro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Finally a pro to the Super League.

Go on, off you £#%&!..
One page.

Unread 24-10-2021, 11:32 PM
red in cumbria

I repeat my remark to saffers earlier. For a while it looked like it might just work, and you can't blame most people for getting behind him when that was the case.

After all, if it somehow had come off, it would have been one of *the* feelgood football stories of modern times.

But it hasn't, and we are all sad about that.

Or should be......

Unread 24-10-2021, 11:33 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I value saffers contribution to this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
As do I.

At roughly two bob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Stopped watching ffs

Off you pop then you utter £#%&!ing embarrassment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
To think this sap's ancestors were vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
We will never win a trophy under this man.

Not even a tinpot one i'm afraid.

Conte and Zidane became free agents tonight. Not my choices but theres some options for those who say theres nothing better than Moldes manager for our job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Die. You OOT #@&%!
Wow.

Die ffs. For telling the truth

Unread 24-10-2021, 11:36 PM
red in cumbria

Glad that somebody has found today vindicating.

Delighted for you pal.

Unread 24-10-2021, 11:38 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Wow.

You included me for LAUGHING?

how far we have fallen

on my knees

#justice4theDrexl1

Unread 24-10-2021, 11:46 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
You included me for LAUGHING?

how far we have fallen

on my knees

#justice4theDrexl1
It was like shooting fish in a barrel. Looks like you were the innocent bystander.

Unread 24-10-2021, 11:55 PM
Drexl

Quote:
It was like shooting fish in a barrel. Looks like you were the innocent bystander.
yeah. i shouldn't laugh. standing around like a clown

carnt be arsed going to bed tbh

Unread 25-10-2021, 12:04 AM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
I repeat my remark to saffers earlier. For a while it looked like it might just work, and you can't blame most people for getting behind him when that was the case.

After all, if it somehow had come off, it would have been one of *the* feelgood football stories of modern times.

But it hasn't, and we are all sad about that.

Or should be......
he gave us genuine belief, more than his three predecessors did.

really sad to see it fall apart. we all wanted him to really do it here.

Unread 25-10-2021, 12:29 AM
ryanMUFC

There’s no coming back from this.

I would have sacked him after the Leicester game and gave a new manager a free swipe today (which probably wouldn’t have been 5 £#%&!ing 0).

If there’s anyone left thinking he’s the right man, they need their head opening. We all wanted him to succeed, it hasn’t happened. It doesn’t matter when you realised it.. he just needs replacing. We’re an embarrassment.

Unread 25-10-2021, 02:40 AM
Boring Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
There’s no coming back from this.

I would have sacked him after the Leicester game and gave a new manager a free swipe today (which probably wouldn’t have been 5 f***ing 0).

If there’s anyone left thinking he’s the right man, they need their head opening. We all wanted him to succeed, it hasn’t happened. It doesn’t matter when you realised it.. he just needs replacing. We’re an embarrassment.
Absolutely, absolutely.

I’m absolutely gutted, I’ve been 100% Ole the whole time but that today was unacceptable in every level. Easily one of the darkest days in the history of the club.

There is just no indication of where the club goes from here. The thought of Conte coming in just repulses me and will take the club back to the Mourinho days.

Steve Bruce til the end of the season?

Unread 25-10-2021, 04:41 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I’d love to go on that overlap and wade in….

“Gary, I do believe your morals at principles to be admirable. With more voices like you this country would be in a better place.

However, I believe you need to be stood down from your position of analysing Manchester United. You’re position is clearly compromised between your job, which is to offer incisive analysis of the fundamental issues facing the club & that of your loyalty to former team mates.
There’s a clear conflict of interest going on here, to the extent you are doing your paying customers a disservice by repeatedly dodging the core questions.

It is a sad indictment that Jamie Carragher, a man with vested loyalties elsewhere is more prepared to hold your club to account in the interest of progress.

S2S
You haven’t done much wading in before have you

Unread 25-10-2021, 04:52 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You haven’t done much wading in before have you
The overlap mate, don’t wanna be kicked off before I make my point.

Unread 25-10-2021, 05:36 AM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
nativity
Needs to be gone before Christmas mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory Dave
Steve Bruce til the end of the season?
Can't do much worse than Maguire right now but hopefully Varane will be back soon.

Unread 25-10-2021, 05:39 AM
saffers

Quote:
When did it ever look like it might work?

Quote:
Wow.

I was told to die because of a harmless opinion. Yet some people still attacking me today and telling me to stay classy.

Some people were abused for saying we should not have given him a permanent deal in March 2019 and waited till May(as originally planned).

So much arrogance and bullying behaviour from certain posters. There needs to be an inquest.

Unread 25-10-2021, 07:04 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Never.

There were pockets of optimism, but most of us were leading with our hearts. We wanted it to work, rather than believing that it would.

I think many of us allowed the emotions to cloud our judgement. But on paper, and with hindsight, it was ridiculous to assume Ole would take us back to European and League glory.

I just hope the change can be done as painlessly as possible. The very worse outcome is that we do nothing - it's not going to be beneficial to Ole in the long term

Unread 25-10-2021, 07:30 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

I was told to die because of a harmless opinion. Yet some people still attacking me today and telling me to stay classy.

Some people were abused for saying we should not have given him a permanent deal in March 2019 and waited till May(as originally planned).

So much arrogance and bullying behaviour from certain posters. There
needs to be an inquest.
Enjoy your moment.

Gloating @#%&!.

Unread 25-10-2021, 07:35 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

We've basically painted ourselves into a corner with this United DNA shite.

Blind loyalty is an honourable trait in a dog, but anyone can see this man is never going to get us past the level of last season. In fact that was his pinnacle.

Unread 25-10-2021, 07:48 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Never.

There were pockets of optimism, but most of us were leading with our hearts. We wanted it to work, rather than believing that it would.

I think many of us allowed the emotions to cloud our judgement. But on paper, and with hindsight, it was ridiculous to assume Ole would take us back to European and League glory.

I just hope the change can be done as painlessly as possible. The very worse outcome is that we do nothing - it's not going to be beneficial to Ole in the long term
Pockets of optimism is a good shout. I told myself finishing second and getting to a final was a good basis to give him some more time.

But let's face it, the brutal reality is we limped into a distant second (a bit like Ferguson's first full season in 1988), never getting anywhere near the title, and lost the final to the Spanish Aston Villa. The warning signs were all there.

It could have been great, but it's screamingly obvious to everyone, including the entire country currently pissing themselves stupid, that it hasn't worked and is never going to.
Closed Thread