United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-04-2012, 08:16 AM
dunk

You can complain about Carrick, blame Evans and Rafael and point out that Evra's shit, but that yesterday was entirely down to Ferguson's arrogance and refusal to change it. They were all out numbered, Everton had an extra man all the time and it's easy to make defenders look stupid when you have an extra man, as Welbeck and Rooney showed for the 4th goal. Ferguson didn't address the issue, we threw it away. Completely his fault as far as I am concerned.

Unread 23-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Stickman

Tbph when jevlavic got his 2nd I thought we'd go straight up and hit a 5th, but what's bonkers is when they equalised I half expected them to get the 5th.

Unread 23-04-2012, 08:44 AM
My Name is Keith

I agree on the lack of tactical awareness but Fergie has always had a blind spot so you need to rely on a strong assistant to point it out. Who knows how strong Phelan is but he certainly doesn't strike you as particularly sophiticated.

I know I come across as having a thing about Carrick but my issue has always been the lack of leadership through this team. Carricks an effective and a decent player. Easily good enough to be in the the united team but he's not a leader and never is going to be one.

We desperately need leaders at the club. People who will open their mouths a bit and demand the ball or demand a reaction from the players around them when the shit hits the fan. Its been lacking since Keane left and whilst Carrick certainly opens his mouth a fair bit, its not to the benefit of the team.

Unread 23-04-2012, 08:48 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You can complain about Carrick, blame Evans and Rafael and point out that Evra's shit, but that yesterday was entirely down to Ferguson's arrogance and refusal to change it. They were all out numbered, Everton had an extra man all the time and it's easy to make defenders look stupid when you have an extra man, as Welbeck and Rooney showed for the 4th goal. Ferguson didn't address the issue, we threw it away. Completely his fault as far as I am concerned.
he didn't change it at 0-1 and we got back to 1-1, 2-1, 3-1... why change it? then it goes to 3-2 and 4-2 almost immediately, it was fine.

blaming fergie is daft here imo. his tactics got us to 4-2 and we were looking more likely to get to 5 than concede, changing it around could easily have disrupted the side, invited everton on.

the defence carries the blame. they had a simple job to do (defend a two-goal lead for 7 minutes) and they capitulated.

Unread 23-04-2012, 08:49 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I agree on the lack of tactical awareness but Fergie has always had a blind spot so you need to rely on a strong assistant to point it out. Who knows how strong Phelan is but he certainly doesn't strike you as particularly sophiticated.

I know I come across as having a thing about Carrick but my issue has always been the lack of leadership through this team. Carricks an effective and a decent player. Easily good enough to be in the the united team but he's not a leader and never is going to be one.

We desperately need leaders at the club. People who will open their mouths a bit and demand the ball or demand a reaction from the players around them when the shit hits the fan. Its been lacking since Keane left and whilst Carrick certainly opens his mouth a fair bit, its not to the benefit of the team.
you're not wrong btw keith

Unread 23-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Zorg

What Fergie got wrong was throwing Jones on. What the £#%&! was that for?

But the defence were to blame for not doing extremely basic things like stopping crosses coming in and tracking runners. :shakehead:

Unread 23-04-2012, 08:54 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
What Fergie got wrong was throwing Jones on. What the £#%&! was that for?

But the defence were to blame for not doing extremely basic things like stopping crosses coming in and tracking runners. :shakehead:
I honestly can't think of a worse cameo performance in my time watching United. The biggest fear imo with Jones is that I think we've seen the best of him.

Unread 23-04-2012, 08:59 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I honestly can't think of a worse cameo performance in my time watching United. The biggest fear imo with Jones is that I think we've seen the best of him.
Unfortunately, the coaching staff have done a excellent job turning him into O'Shea.

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:00 AM
irk

Thumbs up

I tend to blame the ones having the brain farts, BUT when you've got a team with as little intestinal fortitude as this lot you have to shore up a winning position. It says a lot when a two goal lead makes me nervous. I £#%&!ing knew they'd £#%&! it up.

I can't see us playing any differently than we have been against city. There's absolutely no reason to suppose we're capable of a sudden brilliant performance. We've not managed one all season so why now against the best team in the league (and they are on current form). They have a solid strong midfield full of running, and pacey tricky forwards who like to play quick passes and dart among the back line changing positions - in short everything that recent history has shown to trouble our aged static midfield and nervy ill-disciplined defence. They're solid at the back too. I don't doubt we can score but keeping them out... I think I'll be more nervous if we take an early lead than if we have to chase a draw! God help me if we're hanging on to a draw with ten minutes left.

I fear that this team will once again freeze under the weight of expectation and have one of those nervous disjointed performances that we're getting so familiar with, and I'm terrified that once breached we'll ship plenty of goals. We have form for it. Frankly, this bunch we have now have over performed to be in this position. I dont know anyone who will say with conviction that the football we've played this season is reflective of our league position.

As ever it's the hope that kills you and I'm hoping that our traditional fighting spirit will somehow manifest itself in the ferie's shit@#%&!s and that city's unparalleled ability for high comedy will out.

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:00 AM
shenwen

Quote:
bebe.

that is the only one where I get flashbacks to this

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:01 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Unfortunately, the coaching staff have done a excellent job turning him into O'Shea.
But was he not just O'Shea circa Figo anyway? £#%&!ing Duncan Edwards ffs

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:03 AM
believe

A long, long, long week ahead.

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
he didn't change it at 0-1 and we got back to 1-1, 2-1, 3-1... why change it? then it goes to 3-2 and 4-2 almost immediately, it was fine.

blaming fergie is daft here imo. his tactics got us to 4-2 and we were looking more likely to get to 5 than concede, changing it around could easily have disrupted the side, invited everton on.

the defence carries the blame. they had a simple job to do (defend a two-goal lead for 7 minutes) and they capitulated.
At 0-1 we were chasing the game so there was no point in changing it, once we are in front he should be changing something, especially when they got their 2nd as it was evident Fellaini was bullying the midfield and back 4, once it was 4-2 it was time to consolidate, especially as they had us pegged back, Evra hitting the post aside, for about 10 minutes prior to the 3rd goal. He had to change it. If it was the first instance where he had failed to react or made the wrong changes I wouldn't mind, but the finger can be pointed squarely at Ferguson for his odd decisions in just about every defeat this season.

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

good post irk.

edit; and dunk.

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:05 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Evra is finished at United imo, he is a liability.

We also need a right back.
And a new manager

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:06 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
good post irk.
you know things are bad when irk's talking sense. reem'll be on in a minute making us laugh.

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
you know things are bad when irk's talking sense. reem'll be on in a minute making us laugh.
irk can make a lot of sense when he gets serious. Reminds me of myself a bit.

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Zorg

I £#%&!ing hate full backs these days. They used to be dependable, reliable and lots of other words that end in -able. Nowadays they go careering around the pitch, flying into tackles, @#%&!ting aimless crosses to nobody and desperately trying to get back into position. £#%&!ing cavalier no common sense having dicks.

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:09 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
irk can make a lot of sense when he gets serious. Reminds me of myself a bit.
oh wait you're serious. £#%&!ing long, long week.

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:12 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I £#%&!ing hate full backs these days. They used to be dependable, reliable and lots of other words that end in -able. Nowadays they go careering around the pitch, flying into tackles, @#%&!ting aimless crosses to nobody and desperately trying to get back into position. £#%&!ing cavalier no common sense having dicks.
a guy in here just came over and said he'd have taken both FB's off after 75 minutes and shot the pair of them