United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-01-2012, 12:54 AM
Sloane

We had to sell o'shea to free up the wages

Unread 05-01-2012, 12:55 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

I aspire to your levels of consumerist heartlessness. Sky Sports subscription, Movida and a Macbook.
I'm not going to lie, it's £#%&!ing awesome.

Unread 05-01-2012, 12:56 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
We had to sell o'shea to free up the wages
For who?

We cut the wage bill in the summer, it's higher becuase we offered new deals to Cleverley, Smalling, Hernandez etc

Unread 05-01-2012, 12:56 AM
Agent Dale Cooper

Have we reached our nadir yet? I thought the City game was the lowest point of our season. Then I thought it was the Basel game. Then Blackburn. Are we there yet, or is worse yet to come?

Unread 05-01-2012, 12:57 AM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I find saffers blind faith in our shit @#%&!s quite reassuring. Hope he's proved right
This is the same guy who slagged off everyone and everything to do with United in almost every post he made a couple of years ago.

Unread 05-01-2012, 12:58 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
Have we reached our nadir yet? I thought the City game was the lowest point of our season. Then I thought it was the Basel game. Then Blackburn. Are we there yet, or is worse yet to come?
Much worse unfortunately, we've got the distraction of the Europa league coming up so the same poor performances are now coming to stadium near you.

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:01 AM
taff

what do manchester united and a caravan have in common?

Quote:
Visiting manager Sir Alex Ferguson said prior to the match that his side may be affected by the strong winds
[SIZE="1"]
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16343415.stm

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:06 AM
armchair

Quote:
his side may be affected by the strong winds
less so since fletch has left the fold.

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:09 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
No, but nor do I believe Rooney turned up pissed. He broke a rule Ferguson had set, so he had to suffer the consequences but he didn't turn-up for training pissed.

Rooney was terrible tonight but players play bad games and hit bad runs of form. Always have always will.

To blame his poor form on drinking, smoking or being greedy for money is ridiculous.
Agreed, so it's lucky I didn't do anything of the sort.

As I've said about four times, tonight should have seen him busting a gut to regain Fergie's trust, put last weekend behind him and prove something. Instead, he put in a shockingly lazy performance and was eventually subbed for Anderson of all people. That's why it's irritating, even though he was far from the only culprit.

Yes, players hit bad runs of form, but the whole point of what I'm saying is that imo he hits too many for someone who's behaved as he has done in the past year or so. It's not about blaming his poor form on those things, it's just that those things highlight poor form all the more. If you play well, people will forgive indiscretions. If you don't, you'd better not be found going out on the piss when you're not supposed to.

Whether he was pissed, hungover or neither, breaking rules that lead to being dropped - especially after his 'episode' last year - is not the right attitude and I just can't imagine Ronaldo or Messi doing the same. He's not a kid any more, he's someone who aspires to be among the best in the world and he's still doing stupid things like that, a year after forcing through a payrise. It's a shit attitude, that's all I'm saying. I don't think his heart's in it any more and can see him going in the summer.

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:11 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
For who?

We cut the wage bill in the summer, it's higher becuase we offered new deals to Cleverley, Smalling, Hernandez etc
You answered your own question, the money saved from the retirements and players sold in the summer was swallowed up by new deals and new players

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:13 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Agreed, so it's lucky I didn't do anything of the sort.

As I've said about four times, tonight should have seen him busting a gut to regain Fergie's trust, put last weekend behind him and prove something. Instead, he put in a shockingly lazy performance and was eventually subbed for Anderson of all people. That's why it's irritating, even though he was far from the only culprit.

Yes, players hit bad runs of form, but the whole point of what I'm saying is that imo he hits too many for someone who's behaved as he has done in the past year or so.

Whether he was pissed, hungover or neither, breaking rules that lead to being dropped - especially after his 'episode' last year - is not the right attitude and I just can't imagine Ronaldo or Messi doing the same. He's not a kid any more, he's someone who aspires to be among the best in the world and he's still doing stupid things like that, a year after forcing through a payrise. It's a shit attitude, that's all I'm saying. I don't think his heart's in it any more and can see him going in the summer.
Brilliant post. Absolutely spot on regarding Rooney.

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:14 AM
Rhodzy

At least O'Shea made you laugh with his shiteness, I miss his mis-placed passes out of play from 3 yards. With this lot it's just depressing.

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:15 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
You answered your own question, the money saved from the retirements and players sold in the summer was swallowed up by new deals and new players
Nothing compared to the debt that stops us from signing top quality footballers.

Remove the debt and we could easily afford 5 players on around £200k a week. Staggering isn't it.
Then again not sure if I trust the current management with any at the moment.

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:17 AM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

It's a fact of football that you need players like Big JOS. we haven't got any or enough atm.
It isn't just his versatility and not-great-but-good-enough qualities I miss, it's moments like this:

We could laugh at John and say "that's our Sheazy "

If Park did that now... <insert japanese/chinese racial slander, involving either eating a dog or mispronouncing r's and l's> "

JOS, badly missed

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:19 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
His post seemed to indicate that difference b/n rooney and ronaldo is due to ronaldo being a good professional. Well ronaldo is miles more talented than rooney. So professional or not, rooney will never hit the heights of ronaldo.
Not sure I agree. Rooney was a better player than Ronaldo between the ages of 18 to 21.

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:22 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not sure I agree. Rooney was a better player than Ronaldo between the ages of 18 to 21.
No Rooney was just more suited to the English game. Ronaldo was just something special who could go anywhere and be brilliant

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:29 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
It isn't just his versatility and not-great-but-good-enough qualities I miss, it's moments like this:

I loved that.

Its the first touch that makes it for me. A loose ball flies like a grenade through the misty East London air; it could land anywhere in the battlefield of no-mans land, but Sheasy plucks it out of the air, collecting it sublimely like a baby that's fallen out of a tower block window.

Like a general he takes charge of the situation, shoving Fletcher aside and firmly non-verbally stating "this one's mine". His body language then clarifies that he has no other thought than unleashing a thunderbolt from his right boot; the way he stomps up to the ball as it sits up so perfectly for him. The supporters hopes are raised for an instance, waiting with baited breath on the expectation that they are on the verge of witnessing something truly special. Oh, Sheasy, unlucky lad.

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:44 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
No Rooney was just more suited to the English game. Ronaldo was just something special who could go anywhere and be brilliant
Ronaldo has clearly developed into the better player, but I don't think it's because he's more technically gifted. I agree with the point about their mentality. Ronaldo is not only a great professional and ridiculously ambitious, but he's also got great focus. He's always mentally sharp and concentrated. Along with his athleticism, it's what makes him special, in my opinion. Rooney can be world class on his day, but he's so mentally fragile that he is always one dodgy game away from losing all focus and his form completely falling apart, to the extent he can go weeks without controlling a football.

When it comes to natural footballing ability, there's not much between them; in terms of temperament, they're a million miles apart.

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:48 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Ronaldo has clearly developed into the better player, but I don't think it's because he's more technically gifted. I agree with the point about their mentality. Ronaldo is not only a great professional and ridiculously ambitious, but he's also got great focus. He's always mentally sharp and concentrated. Along with his athleticism, it's what makes him special, in my opinion. Rooney can be world class on his day, but he's so mentally fragile that he is always one dodgy game away from losing all focus and his form completely falling apart, to the extent he can go weeks without controlling a football.

When it comes to natural footballing ability, there's not much between them; in terms of temperament, they're a million miles apart.
Rooney's just an immature, thick @#%&! tbh.

Ronaldo moved to a foreign country aged 18 and had to grow up a lot and mentally mature to cope with learning a new language, living a new culture. It matured him a lot. I think losing his dad early in his life made him grow up a bit as well.

Unread 05-01-2012, 01:54 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Rooney's just an immature, thick @#%&! tbh.
That's what I was basically getting at, yeah

Sick of him now, tbh.