United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: erik ten hag
in 55 55.00%
out 45 45.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 25-02-2024, 12:39 PM
pc6090

I like ETH and had great hopes for him but it does look like he’s out of his depth and the job is too big for him. On that basis I’d say to him “thanks for having a go but go back to being a big fish in a small pond”

Unread 25-02-2024, 02:11 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I think anyone who compares any current manager, form or style to fergie and lauds the benefits of patience should be banned.
Yep. Only ever happened under Fergie. He was a one off, a different time.
I remember laughing at all the bans on RAWK in Klopps second season.

Yeah and player power is just a fact of life at United, happens at other clubs so what’s the big deal

Unread 25-02-2024, 03:30 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Yep. Only ever happened under Fergie. He was a one off, a different time.
I remember laughing at all the bans on RAWK in Klopps second season.

Yeah and player power is just a fact of life at United, happens at other clubs so what’s the big deal
Player power is a big deal, but it’s not an excuse for the way we’ve been playing

Unread 26-02-2024, 09:30 AM
Hyman_Roth

Forest away in the cup when the knives are well and truly out? Sure we’ve been here before.

Honestly think if we bomb out of the cup then he’s even more toast than like, toast is.

Unread 26-02-2024, 09:47 AM
dinger

He's keeping the seat warm while Ineos are sorting out the structure above him, he'll have until the end of the season then they'll have their own man in... unless it gets really embarrassing.

Its a shame tbh

Unread 26-02-2024, 10:02 AM
Dr Stranger

A lot is going to depend on INEOS’s need/expectation of CL

Ratcliffe touched on it being important for FFP in his interview and if they’re optimistic that we can do it, then they may want the impact of an interim this season.

A lot will depend on this week. Not just the results, but the manner of them. If we meekly bow out of the cup and we’re thoroughly tonked at City, he could be in trouble

Something tells me we won’t though. This team has a habit of dragging itself from the brink.

Unread 26-02-2024, 10:05 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This is key and will keep him around for likely the rest of this season. Ratcliffe has hinted as this a couple of times: the environment needs to be right. They’ll focus on that first. They’ll want Ashworth. Wilcox and whoever else in before they start making decisions on the coach…. But once they’re in, if we miss out on CL and the performances are this bad, it’ll make it very simple for them

As for candidates, there are plenty:

Nagelsmann
Tuchel
De Zerbi
Potter

To name just a few . Whether you want them is another discussion, but they’re candidates
Two Chelsea rejects and the Brighton manager.

I’m not sure Erik can last much longer but how anyone can imagine it would be any different under these candidates is beyond me (I know that’s not what you meant). They’re all a huge gamble.

Get the feeling Erik’s been moonlighting as a coach elsewhere anyway

Unread 26-02-2024, 10:54 AM
Patty_b

If we lose to Forrest then it gives the club the excuse to sack him. I don't think they'll make a move during the season while we're still in with a chance of winning a trophy.

But if we're out of the FA Cup then the only reason to keep him would be for that 4th spot, and I don't think it's going to make a difference whether he's in charge or not for the hunt for 4th. It'd just depend on whether they're happy to gamble on someone else getting more out of the team between now and May.

Unread 26-02-2024, 10:54 AM
Stickman

That video is weirdly satisfying.

Unread 26-02-2024, 10:58 AM
NedKelly

Imagine if we brought in Fletcher to replace him

Unread 26-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Imagine if we brought in Fletcher to replace him
Could cause a Spat.

Unread 26-02-2024, 12:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Two Chelsea rejects and the Brighton manager.

I’m not sure Erik can last much longer but how anyone can imagine it would be any different under these candidates is beyond me (I know that’s not what you meant). They’re all a huge gamble.

Get the feeling Erik’s been moonlighting as a coach elsewhere anyway

https://x.com/nocontextfooty/status/...379263457?s=46

If it is different, it’ll be because of the structure above and that allowing them to do their job

We’ve said it for years: nothing truly changes until the ownership does

Now that we (hopefully) have a different way of going about it, the job should change. It should no longer be the poisoned chalice it’s become. All those candidates would be doomed to fail under the Glazers. I’m completely convinced there’s only a certain level any coach in world football could achieve with them at the helm.

They would all have a better chance under INEOS. Erik would too, but I doubt he’s going to get the chance to show it. New Owners rarely stick with the coach already there.

Unread 26-02-2024, 12:26 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
This. Could put on spa day screens..

Looking at the pitch, not as loco as it might look....

Unread 26-02-2024, 03:17 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Like watching 22 clones of Bruno Fernandes

Unread 26-02-2024, 04:48 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
He's keeping the seat warm while Ineos are sorting out the structure above him, he'll have until the end of the season then they'll have their own man in... unless it gets really embarrassing.

Its a shame tbh
Wouldn't bother me if he went in the summer,think there are better options out there and we should bring one in before they all get snapped up

Unread 26-02-2024, 04:53 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
Wouldn't bother me if he went in the summer,think there are better options out there and we should bring one in before they all get snapped up
Genuine question because I’m out of touch with European football- who are the options?

Other than Ancelotti on loan of course.

Unread 26-02-2024, 05:02 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Genuine question because I’m out of touch with European football- who are the options?

Klopp is available in the summer.

Unread 26-02-2024, 05:03 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Klopp is available in the summer.
Going to Munich.

Unread 26-02-2024, 05:04 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

I think Ruben Amorim seems to be the current pin up for the hipsters.

However, I think I've hit my limit on beardy @#%&!s from Sporting Lisbon.