United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2014, 11:53 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
3 of them are in their 30's, Ronaldo isn't a striker as such, regardless of his Goals and Diego Costa is a bit of a one season wonder at this point, so yeah, bit of a dearth. Who are the top up and comers?

Could have had Falcao too, btw.
how can you say he is a one season wonder now when he is almost leading atletico to a double? Maybe if he flops in the next 2 but now seriously?

Jackson martinez should be on that list. looks pretty good but is 27.

Italy have a woeful list of strikers at their clubs tbh usually best strikers previously were from serie a

Unread 30-04-2014, 11:58 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
how can you say he is a one season wonder now when he is almost leading atletico to a double? Maybe if he flops in the next 2 but now seriously?

Jackson martinez should be on that list. looks pretty good but is 27.

Italy have a woeful list of strikers at their clubs tbh usually best strikers previously were from serie a
Didn't do too much last season, been all over the place on loan previously, 25/26 years old. I'll hang on until he's done it for a couple of seasons before proclaiming him a top player tbh. Not seen much of Martinez tbh.

Germany are struggling a bit for actual strikers as well. France, besides Benzema? Even Brazil rely on Neymar as much as anyone. Argentina aren't too bad, probably got the best collection of strikers presently?

Unread 30-04-2014, 12:14 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Just £#%&!ing sign him. We need to 'send a message' to the rest of the league. He'd be the statement signing after we've sorted the midfield and defence. It looks like Hernandez will leave (sadly) and possibly Welbeck (hopefully). Money can be made on them both.
Can't stand that sort of %@#$&!s

Sign a player if you actually need him. The best statement we could send to the rest of the league is to have the best team possible and crush every team we come up against
We don't need to sign a centre forward as its the position we're best stocked in

In regards to Welbeck I think he could become a favourite of Van Gaal

Unread 30-04-2014, 04:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
3 of them are in their 30's, Ronaldo isn't a striker as such, regardless of his Goals and Diego Costa is a bit of a one season wonder at this point, so yeah, bit of a dearth. Who are the top up and comers?

Could have had Falcao too, btw.
Neymar

Unread 30-04-2014, 05:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Neymar
Meh

Unread 30-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Edinson Cavani fancies Manchester United transfer

Perfect example of the nonsense at United atm. A bloke being courted because he's a "superstar", not because it's what the team and (non existent) coach want or need.

'Galactico' Reds we are here
Wouldn't be so bad if he was actually a galactico.

Unread 30-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
He wants out at PSG because he's not played as the main striker, so not sure why he's thinking of coming here.
Doesn't fit with van gaal taking over does it. Only makes any sense if Giggs is gonna get the job and van Persie will be leaving. Shite.

Unread 30-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Under van gaal, van Persie, Hernandez and welbeck are the only strikers we need. Rooney is surplus to requirements in a 433 system because mata, kagawa and januzaj can play behind van Persie. There's only space for Rooney if van Persie leaves or he's prepared to play wide left of the striker again.

We need wide players, central midfielders and a defender or two.

Unread 30-04-2014, 07:12 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Doesn't fit with van gaal taking over does it. Only makes any sense if Giggs is gonna get the job and van Persie will be leaving. Shite.

Quote:
Under van gaal, van Persie, Hernandez and welbeck are the only strikers we need. Rooney is surplus to requirements in a 433 system because mata, kagawa and januzaj can play behind van Persie. There's only space for Rooney if van Persie leaves or he's prepared to play wide left of the striker again.
Hernandez probably the most likely to go, as he's the least flexible. Can only play as the furthest forward. Rooney and Welbeck can both play across a front three. The two of them and RvP would be enough.

Unread 30-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Der Kaiser

Quote:

We need wide players, central midfielders and a defender or two.
Spot on, we don't need a £#%&!ing striker, and if van Gaal loves developing young players a much as he's supposed to, then he can get Wilson in the squad.

Unread 30-04-2014, 07:17 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
Spot on, we don't need a £#%&!ing striker, and if van Gaal loves developing young players a much as he's supposed to, then he can get Wilson in the squad.
Hope he brings Big Dave Corsa back. That other @#%&! wanted to let him go in the summer

Unread 30-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
Hope he brings Big Dave Corsa back. That other @#%&! wanted to let him go in the summer
Yep, we've got a few lads who could be part of the squad next season with the right coach.

Unread 30-04-2014, 07:22 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
Yep, we've got a few lads who could be part of the squad next season with the right coach.
Lingard would be right up Van Gaal's street

Unread 08-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Liu Jian

Never likely with Rooney and van Persie likely to stay. Looks like Cavani's staying at PSG:

http://www.goal.com/en-gh/news/4382/...-saint-germain

Unread 08-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Never likely with Rooney and van Persie likely to stay. Looks like Cavani's staying at PSG:

http://www.goal.com/en-gh/news/4382/...-saint-germain
Quote:
Al-Khelaifi also played down the significance of reports claiming PSG are set to be fined and sanctioned over their failure to fully comply with all of the requirements outlined in Uefa's Financial Fair Play rules.

"I am very confident about Financial Fair Play, as we're speaking with Uefa," he explained.

"I do not confirm the sanctions against PSG, but we will be playing in the Champions League [next season].

"There may be conditions but not much. Our project continues and nobody has to stop dreaming!

"I do not think we will need a lot of players, but if we do, we will buy."
What a disgusting £#%&!ing club. :shakehead:

Unread 08-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
What a disgusting £#%&!ing club. :shakehead:
I thought City were the only club that hadnt accepted the sanctions.

I'm sure PSG will happily accept the fine. Hopefully that ridiculous £160m deal with Qatar Tourism gets halved or something.

Unread 08-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 09-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Pop

Quote:
"Will I stay at PSG next season? I will talk with the chairman, and with the club. If I have important things to say, I will do it in-house. I believe we will all do our best for things to go off smoothly."

Off imo. Although they'll probably just add another zero to his weekly wage.

Unread 16-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Whip Hubley

Would be our strangest signing since Berba. Great player, totally unnecessary
Closed Thread