United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Sparky***

Default Re: Our fixtures until the end of Jan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Deep down I know you are right but I still have a glimmer of hope that a Ribery, Villa, Aguero will arrive
I'll give you all a heads up, you know just like I did in the summer.

We won't be signing any more of those type of players. We have bills to pay and the owners are "making hay while the sun shines" as it were by paying off as much of the debt as possible while the team is still at its peak.

Once Fergie leaves and publishes the rest of his autobiography, we'll eventually find out the whole truth.

Unread 10-11-2009, 03:52 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
If it did, my apologies. The man is a very gifted player and i am disappointed each an every time his name isn't on the team sheet. I'm just not convinced by his long term future in the side. An 06/07 Saha for example brought much more to the team than current Berbs. Personally thought we looked at our sharpest this season on Sunday, very focused.
We looked very good and solid this Sunday but a bit lacking in threat to me is all and i think we were sharper at Spurs tbh. I can understand why we'd have gone into that game if he'd been fit with the same formation but I would say that given how he'd been playing and that he was getting amongst the goals too, it doesn't seem entirely fair to write him off after a game we lost and failed to score in, not that I'm saying you are doing so. I imagine Rooney wouldn't want to play as a lone striker like that too often.

Unread 10-11-2009, 03:53 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

We won't be signing any more of those type of players. We have bills to pay and the owners are "making hay while the sun shines" as it were by paying off as much of the debt as possible while the team is still at its peak.

Once Fergie leaves and publishes the rest of his autobiography, we'll eventually find out the whole truth.
What did you say?

Unread 10-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
What did you say?
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...9&postcount=47

Unread 10-11-2009, 04:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Jesus, you're like a modern day Nostradamus.

Unread 10-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Jesus, you're like a modern day Nostradamus.
So am I jesus or Nostradamus? make your mind up.

Unread 10-11-2009, 04:03 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
So am I jesus or Nostradamus? make your mind up.
What's the difference?

Unread 10-11-2009, 04:11 PM
wiganste

Who do you reckon we're signing then sparky?

Unread 10-11-2009, 04:13 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Who do you reckon we're signing then sparky?
Get yer tin hat on.

Unread 10-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Sparky***

You may scoff and make jokes, but back in august while a lot of people on here living in cloud cuckoo land were talking of Robben and Villa - I was the only one who appeared to be living in reality.

Unread 10-11-2009, 04:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
You may scoff and make jokes, but back in august while a lot of people on here living in cloud cuckoo land were talking of Robben and Villa - I was the only one who appeared to be living in reality.
Erm, i think it was more people sceptically or often mockingly discussing players they'd like to sign that caused you to have some sort of psychotic break.

Unread 10-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Erm, i think it was more people sceptically discussing players they'd like to sign that caused you to have some sort of psychotic break.
No it wasn't. It was months of tabloid shite, selling Ronaldo and then the realisation that Michael Owen, Valencia and Heid were going to be our only additions to the squad that caused me to have a "break".

Unread 10-11-2009, 04:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
No it wasn't. It was months of tabloid shite, selling Ronaldo and then the realisation that Michael Owen, Valencia and Heid were going to be our only additions to the squad that caused me to have a "break".
OK. Don't want you to have another "episode" or anything.

Unread 10-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
OK. Don't want you to have another "episode" or anything.
Sorry, i don't mean to come across as angry.

I'm hungry and tired.

Unread 10-11-2009, 04:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Sorry, i don't mean to come across as angry.

I'm hungry and tired.
Have a sandwich and a nap.

Unread 10-11-2009, 04:44 PM
borsuk

i don't agree we lacked a cutting edge on sunday. we made some good chances, had the linesman to thank for a 1 on 1 stolen from us, had a perfectly good penalty should turned down and had a number of half-chances as well, all against a side with probably the best back 4 (outside of our own, when fit) in europe.

that game was always going to be won by the odd goal. we could have had two or three from the various chances we made. i don't think there was anything wrong with that side of things, just a bit of sloppiness with the final ball and a @#%&! of a ref. rooney scores the 1 on 1, we get the penalty, cech misses the save from rooney, giggs gets the volley a couple of feet lower, fletcher, anderson or carrick get hold of one of their shots from the edge of the box properly - the chances were there. i don't think we lacked creativity or a cutting edge at all, we made plenty of chances - more than usual for a game like that. we just lacked a bit of luck is all.

Unread 10-11-2009, 05:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky***
you may scoff and make jokes, but back in august while a lot of people on here living in cloud cuckoo land were talking of robben and villa - i was the only one who appeared to be living in reality.
*ahem*

Unread 10-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
*ahem*
me and dunk were the only people who appeared to be living in reality.

Unread 10-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i don't agree we lacked a cutting edge on sunday. we made some good chances, had the linesman to thank for a 1 on 1 stolen from us, had a perfectly good penalty should turned down and had a number of half-chances as well, all against a side with probably the best back 4 (outside of our own, when fit) in europe.

that game was always going to be won by the odd goal. we could have had two or three from the various chances we made. i don't think there was anything wrong with that side of things, just a bit of sloppiness with the final ball and a @#%&! of a ref. rooney scores the 1 on 1, we get the penalty, cech misses the save from rooney, giggs gets the volley a couple of feet lower, fletcher, anderson or carrick get hold of one of their shots from the edge of the box properly - the chances were there. i don't think we lacked creativity or a cutting edge at all, we made plenty of chances - more than usual for a game like that. we just lacked a bit of luck is all.
We lacked cutting edge big time on sat, pass pass pass when it was screaming out to be hit all game.

When Valencia was pulled down he had a great chance to square but never, he should have thrashed that across the face that early on.

Rooneys shot was never beating Cech in a month of sundays, the replay showed he should have even caught it.

Giggs volley :shakeshead:

Rooneys 2nd half effort from the 1-2 with Valencia was never on target.

Giggs played a woeful ball to Anderson.
Rooney should have tried to pick him out but never.

Every cross was speculative.

Our midfield played well and controlled the game, and our defending was great all game but our attacking play was sadly lacking for me and I even said at Half Time it was inevitable we were going to lose the match 1-0. Go the goal down and then look a bit threatening

too often our build ups end up with a sideways pass to the wing and a hopeful cross into the box. Its quite gutting, because a top Utd attacking performance would never have let them off the hook like that, thats the easiest we've ever had it at the bridge since Roman. (maybe last season aside)

Unread 10-11-2009, 05:31 PM
borsuk

Quote:

when have we every signed those types of players? fergie's next signings will be similar to the ones he always signs: up and coming players who have quality but are not galactico-type players.
Closed Thread