Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 01-08-2023, 11:43 AM
wiganste

Scarfs hot day today

Unread 01-08-2023, 12:11 PM
System Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
17 goals all competition which is respectable in his first season.

what that says about a manager who signed weghorst as a stop gap to find a solution in the summer is another thing
this is the solution he came up with.
Do you ever have anything positive to say regarding the subject of Manchester United?

Unread 01-08-2023, 02:25 PM
wiganste

New to Marlo?

Not sure he had anything positive to say when we were winning everything.

Unread 01-08-2023, 02:54 PM
est.1878

Just been past the training ground.... Massive 4x4 pulling into secondary gates.....

... Was an absolute milf with the seat belt between great attacking options thing, dropping a youth player off.

Stay tuned for futher updates.

Unread 01-08-2023, 04:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Instantly recognisable Navratilova curtains

Unread 12-11-2023, 02:46 PM
marlo

Quote:
I agree with everyone hojlund will be exciting but he also could be a flop.
a big club like united cant hedge our bets on that and not have a reliable other option. especially with martial as the other option atm.

sancho as a false 9 is

our rivals will all score goals and we cant get left behind again.
just for our sake and dwindling reputation we have to challenge this season. and to challenge we need to get better and score more goals.
July 2023.

as i keep saying, watch more football and not 98/99 EPL season reviews.

Unread 24-12-2023, 11:30 AM
marlo

Quote:
I agree with everyone hojlund will be exciting but he also could be a flop.
a big club like united cant hedge our bets on that and not have a reliable other option. especially with martial as the other option atm.

sancho as a false 9 is

our rivals will all score goals and we cant get left behind again.
just for our sake and dwindling reputation we have to challenge this season. and to challenge we need to get better and score more goals.
I was really just talking about my arse and being a wum during the summer it seems….

Or do i just get how football goes….

Quote:
its not the sake of it. we are in the mud. rashford has a purple patch and since then has been back to the old rashford.

its the fact we cant go into the season with our forwards hojland, Antony, rAshford, garnacho and Sancho.

lets just look over fence as our neighbours.

liverpool for example -
luís diaz , Darwin Nunez , mo salah , gakpo , jota.

we are buying a average player because we need goals. we are desperate

ok here is a direct question.
do you think we will score more than last seasons 58 league goals next season? how many do you think we will score (ballpark)
goals.

Unread 24-12-2023, 11:54 AM
armchair

I'm just glad we didn't ruin Evan Ferguson.

Unread 24-12-2023, 11:58 AM
Hyman_Roth

I thought he’d bag 20-30 goals

Unread 24-12-2023, 11:59 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
I thought he’d bag 20-30 goals
There’s still the fa cup

Unread 24-12-2023, 12:23 PM
Jethro

Just read the name Nunez and goals in the same sentence

Unread 24-12-2023, 01:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Alarming

Unread 24-12-2023, 01:57 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Is that because they can’t pass or he’s not in the right/good positions ? Probably bit of both.

Even without getting many passes he should have scored A goal by now ffs.

Unread 24-12-2023, 02:08 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
Is that because they can’t pass or he’s not in the right/good positions ? Probably bit of both.

Even without getting many passes he should have scored A goal by now ffs.
The service to him is as bad as I’ve seen in a long time. But I think we’re now seeing his confidence being affected - there is too much pressure on to few chances.

Giving him the pressure of being our primary striker and then starving him of any kind of supply is never going to end well.

Unread 24-12-2023, 02:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
The service to him is as bad as I’ve seen in a long time. But I think we’re now seeing his confidence being affected - there is too much pressure on to few chances.

Giving him the pressure of being our primary striker and then starving him of any kind of supply is never going to end well.
His fading confidence is entirely on us. As ever, current United is the common denominator. We’ve seen plenty of players start full of piss and vinegar before succumbing to the malaise. He doesn’t even really miss chances. He just doesn’t get any. He had one last week that was analysed to death because it’s one of the rare times we actually played him in.

Antony had 3 in 3 when he joined. Good goals too. He always had that ability to cut in and shoot. He doesn’t even do that well now.

It’ll happen to Mainoo soon enough.

Unread 24-12-2023, 02:37 PM
armchair

I feel sorry for the kid. He's been abandoned.

No coincidence that Bruno's goals have dried up too. Play those two as proper attackers and they'll both get goals.

Ten Hag destroyer of Goals.

Unread 24-12-2023, 02:54 PM
Sparky***

The main problem with the entire set up is the ridiculous focus on building up from the back with players who are dreadful at it. Quite clearly slows everything down to a £#%&!ing crawl.

Teams like West Ham must absolutely love it as it just allows them to get back and set in their shape.

We start from the goal kick and waste a good 30 seconds pissing about with it between centre back, full backs and goalkeeper, before Onana inevitably launches a long diagonal ball to either Antony or Garnacho who inevitably get beaten in the air. It's boring, momentum-killing shit and i'm sick to death of watching it.

Is there any wonder there's no space or anything for the forwards to exploit because everything we do is laborious and slow and right in front of the opposition, there's usually a complete lack of options for the man on the ball resulting in us continually playing long, inaccurate passes.

We'd do far, far better with the players we have as a counter attacking side. Hojlund, Garnacho and Antony are all rapid but we never get the chances to exploit that because our build ups are so horribly slow.

Unread 24-12-2023, 03:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
The main problem with the entire set up is the ridiculous focus on building up from the back with players who are dreadful at it. Quite clearly slows everything down to a £#%&!ing crawl.

Teams like West Ham must absolutely love it as it just allows them to get back and set in their shape.

We start from the goal kick and waste a good 30 seconds pissing about with it between centre back, full backs and goalkeeper, before Onana inevitably launches a long diagonal ball to either Antony or Garnacho who inevitably get beaten in the air. It's boring, momentum-killing shit and i'm sick to death of watching it.

Is there any wonder there's no space or anything for the forwards to exploit because everything we do is laborious and slow and right in front of the opposition, there's usually a complete lack of options for the man on the ball resulting in us continually playing long, inaccurate passes.

We'd do far, far better with the players we have as a counter attacking side. Hojlund, Garnacho and Antony are all rapid but we never get the chances to exploit that because our build ups are so horribly slow.
It infuriates me when we spend so long playing out from the back. We’ll break the press and then play some low percentage shit ball right to a forward’s neck. You might as well just ping it long to begin with.

Unread 24-12-2023, 03:14 PM
Finport Red

This is all what I was saying yesterday.

The one positive I’ve noticed the past two games is that, the two kids who’ve come in, Mainoo and Kambwala, pass the ball like they actually care the next player receives it in an advantageous position, in the right place, at the right pace and at their feet.

Compared to the efforts of those more senior to them, which are quite often pub team standard.

Unread 24-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Jethro

Still not an issue