United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-01-2014, 04:51 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Ah well, you've finally seen the light. Shame it's taken us being mid table for you to do so.

Last summers transfer window was the most important in a decade. The fact the club £#%&!ed it up (and fergie/gill in particular because of their razzmatazz haste in exiting) will cost us any hope of a trophy this year and probably a top 4 place.
your post is an admission of your own poor comprehension

fair play to you, i suppose

Unread 04-01-2014, 07:15 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Off the pitch is the worry for me, and I have a feeling Moyes is (quite rightly) going to get very frustrated with the penny pinching by the club. As documented in results to date there is a significant cash surplus (or whatever you call it) available for the manager to spend but when you've got Woodward probably being dazzled by the likes of Fabregas's agent, being taken out for meals I do wonder whether the right CEO was appointed post-Gill and as mentioned before I wonder why Gill couldn't stay on for another season.
A few months until the end of the transfer window would have made all the difference. Biggest £#%&! up the club made. Far worse than anything moyes has done.

Unread 04-01-2014, 11:29 AM
teflon_terry

If we don't sign one or two genuinely top quality players in this window we are £#%&!ed. It's our last window of opportunity before the rest of Europe realises we have utterly shot our bolt.

Unread 04-01-2014, 12:01 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

We might not have the money of Chelsea and city but we pay the next top wages, he does have 40 million a season to spend and some players to sell. The squad did win the league last year .

Does the manager not have any responsibility? Telling me Jose with the same terms is seeing us in 9th and talking about possibility and trying hard?

Nice guy - out of depth .

Unread 04-01-2014, 12:02 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry
If we don't sign one or two genuinely top quality players in this window we are £#%&!ed. It's our last window of opportunity before the rest of Europe realises we have utterly shot our bolt.
This- moyes last chance.

Unread 04-01-2014, 12:21 PM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
.....and.....I reckon he was told there's no money until they paid the debt off and they get him to tread water until they allow him funds after maybe 3 years or so. Hence the long 6 yr contract.

Anyone like Jose, Pep etc would not touch the job under those conditions and Moysie'd be cheaper too

Just a theory
But if we don't qualify for the Champions league, will we be able to pay off the debt?

Unread 04-01-2014, 12:23 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry
Disagree.

If we do end up midtable then the manager will go, as will woodward and theyll get in someone big who can attract players.

Moyes and woodward can't destroy our club in a single season, as much as they are trying to.

Unread 04-01-2014, 12:27 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
But if we don't qualify for the Champions league, will we be able to pay off the debt?
They'll be able to continue paying the interest payments which should be about £20m a year from now on I think. They're going to have to refinance the current debt in a couple of years anyway. Lack of on field success may mean they don't get as good a deal as they would have before but they'll find someone to lend it to them.

Unread 04-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Lok

All of this is happening in the middle of the kit deal talks.

Nike must be asking questions. They're not going to want to spend a billion on a mid table team.

Make or break, we have to sign someone.

Unread 04-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
They'll be able to continue paying the interest payments which should be about £20m a year from now on I think. They're going to have to refinance the current debt in a couple of years anyway. Lack of on field success may mean they don't get as good a deal as they would have before but they'll find someone to lend it to them.
I'm sure they will but it's still worthy of a
Closed Thread