United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 25-01-2021, 03:39 AM
armchair

He's matas replacement. I think he's going to get better and better.

Unread 25-01-2021, 04:00 AM
shenwen

He needs to take more risk. I said weeks ago, it's clear he's not adapted to Ole's fast counter style and is still playing that close passing game. It will come. The talent is there. But right now it's impossible to say he's anything more than a good player to have on the bench.

Unread 25-01-2021, 11:37 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He's matas replacement. I think he's going to get better and better.
Yep that’s how I see it too.

He’ll be useful squad addition when he settles.

Unread 25-01-2021, 02:05 PM
Ethers

Apparently had a meeting with Ole last week where he assured he’s a big part of his plans, and will get more games in the 2nd half of the season.

Good to hear.

Unread 25-01-2021, 02:07 PM
Vedder

Just needs a run of games. We can see his qualities, he’ll be a good player for us

Unread 25-01-2021, 03:57 PM
Vida_15

let me first state this is second hand knowledge but could go along with how the season has played out so far for him.....

apparently DVB isn't exactly the most outgoing lad on the team....he comes in, does his training and leaves. Not one to stay after and have a joke with the lads or in the locker room or even during training which is apparently the exact opposite of Cavani. Not that he doesn't fit in with the group just he keeps a lot to himself.

Unread 25-01-2021, 04:04 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
let me first state this is second hand knowledge but could go along with how the season has played out so far for him.....

apparently DVB isn't exactly the most outgoing lad on the team....he comes in, does his training and leaves. Not one to stay after and have a joke with the lads or in the locker room or even during training which is apparently the exact opposite of Cavani. Not that he doesn't fit in with the group just he keeps a lot to himself.
Also heard this, him and Timothy Fosu-Mensah are very close and he took his departure badly, apparently Tim had an incredible hook up for Stooplewaffles and after he left Donny's supply dried up...

They still send each other Gabba SoundCloud mixes but the BPM annoys the south American lads and they are sick of Donny putting peanut butter on his chips .

Donny perked up recently during the PDC tournament when MVG delivered a darts set but he's finding it hard, the other players mix their clothes colours and he's been nick named 'morgue boy' for always wearing black..

Was also ripped early this month for the jaw stretches he does, Matic compared him to a young primate...

Tough times..

Unread 25-01-2021, 04:12 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Also heard this, him and Timothy Fosu-Mensah are very close and he took his departure badly, apparently Tim had an incredible hook up for Stooplewaffles and after he left Donny's supply dried up...

They still send each other Gabba SoundCloud mixes but the BPM annoys the south American lads and they are sick of Donny putting peanut butter on his chips .

Donny perked up recently during the PDC tournament when MVG delivered a darts set but he's finding it hard, the other players mix their clothes colours and he's been nick named 'morgue boy' for always wearing black..

Was also ripped early this month for the jaw stretches he does, Matic compared him to a young primate...

Tough times..
I’ve heard he gets called Malfoy by the other lads. Most guys could shrug it off but he swears blind he’s Gryffindor and it’s starting to really get to him.

Unread 25-01-2021, 04:14 PM
Tuco

Pogba gets 4 years to start performing, this lad gets a few months.
Give your heads a wobble FFS

Unread 02-02-2021, 10:59 PM
Ronny

I cannot see how VdB can be considered a replacement/alternative to Pogba, Fernandez or even Fred.
He seems to want to be some kind of lightweight second striker!
It might have worked in the Dutch league not hopeful he’ll make much impact next season.

Unread 02-02-2021, 11:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
I cannot see how VdB can be considered a replacement/alternative to Pogba, Fernandez or even Fred.
It might have worked in the Dutch league not hopeful he’ll make much impact next season.
I mean, at this time of all times, that is what you wanted to post?

Unread 02-02-2021, 11:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Came on at 4-0.

Game e ded 9-0.

Dragged a tired Southampton all over the shop, never stopped running, moving or looking for it...

Silent football, anti twitter ball.....

Strap In..

Caramel player

#movemt.

Unread 02-02-2021, 11:19 PM
Tronics

I love how quick we are to write off some players but not others

VdB is clearly quality but he has hardly kicked a ball all season and whenever he did play well he was immediately dropped next day for the favourites which is understandable considering their form

He needs time, he’ll come good no doubt, if anything I would prefer to see him play as an alternative to Fred, McTom and Matic, so he gets on the ball more. He lets the game drift by him too much when he plays further forward but I guess that’s just his style

Either way there’s worse players in our squad who need binning before him imo

Unread 02-02-2021, 11:20 PM
dunk

He was on a hiding to nothing tonight.

We’re not seeing the best of him until next season at the earliest imo.

Unread 02-02-2021, 11:21 PM
armchair

I think he's less unhappy with how it's going compared to the press.

Unread 02-02-2021, 11:21 PM
Sapien

I think he'll be good for us but definitely on a different wavelength to the rest of them at the minute.

Unread 02-02-2021, 11:22 PM
History

Not expecting anything from him this season

Think Ole is doing a good job of keeping him sweet, he may come good towards the end of the season and you never know we may need him at some point

Hasnt offered much again so far

Unread 02-02-2021, 11:23 PM
armchair

Captain in every europa game would be good.

Unread 02-02-2021, 11:41 PM
marlo

the guy was hiding from the ball tonight, getting in the way and not sure if what position he was even playing.

we scored 5 goals a dominated the 2nd half and i don’t think he even had 10 touches of the ball while playing in midfield as an attacking midfielder.

you guys can make as many excuses for him as you like, he is a waste of money and not showing and signs of quality.

just a Dutch Tom cleverley as i said when he signed.

Unread 02-02-2021, 11:44 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
the guy was hiding from the ball tonight, getting in the way and not sure if what position he was even playing.

we scored 5 goals a dominated the 2nd half and i don’t think he even had 10 touches of the ball while playing in midfield as an attacking midfielder.

you guys can make as many excuses for him as you like, he is a waste of money and not showing and signs of quality.

just a Dutch Tom cleverley as i said when he signed.
Tedious . Agreed he's hardly setting the game alight but give the lad a chance FFS