United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Zorg

Perhaps it will be a 'Brucie Bonus' for United.

Just thought that one up, can't believe no-one's ever used it before.

Unread 05-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Perhaps it will be a 'Brucie Bonus' for United.

Just thought that one up, can't believe no-one's ever used it before.
Just so long as it's a good game, good game.

Unread 05-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
hes £#%&!in huge

and im shitting myself
I have similar nightmares myself.

Unread 06-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos

Unread 06-05-2008, 12:03 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos

6 fingers....surely

Unread 06-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

6 fingers....surely
Good point

Unread 06-05-2008, 12:45 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Unread 06-05-2008, 03:38 AM
keano's love

will be shitting it throughout the week.

will be devastated if we lose and hand it to the rentboy @#%&!s. All year they have been lucky relying on refereeing decisions to get results against top 4, non existent penalty at liverpool, offside against arsenal, 2 penalties at either end ( one given and other not ). £#%&!!!

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Yep - winning the league is shite.
It is if you don't support United, hence LMC's negativity.

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

There are some collosul £#%&!ing @#%&!s on this forum.

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:18 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Yep - winning the league is shite.
unbelievable, I put the £#%&!er on ignore

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Barracuda

We might end up with the same number of points, but even if that happens we'd still have won the most games, scored the most goals and conceded the fewest.

The only statistic Chelsea could point to in their favour, is that they will have lost fewer games.

No one can really argue that we don't deserve the title based on that.

Nevertheless, we should have been out of sight by now and we're making things much more difficult than they should have been.

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Harri Jaffa

£#%&!ing Hell i am insanely nervous already.

At half time yesterday I was hopeful even though I knew Chelsea would still win.

Now i'm just £#%&!ing bricking it - its going to be a long long week

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:46 AM
punk_football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
£#%&!ing Hell i am insanely nervous already.

At half time yesterday I was hopeful even though I knew Chelsea would still win.

Now i'm just £#%&!ing bricking it - its going to be a long long week
Yep :shakehead::shakehead:

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Zorg

Lou, United's GD is twenty-three better than Chelsea.

We're not talking about the odd penalty, own goal or deflection here - it's complete dominance in terms of goals scored and goals conceded.

A play-off ffs. How the hell is a one-off match better able to decide which is the best team than goals scored and conceded over a 38-game season?

Unread 06-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Dont get me wrong, i'm not arguing that we wouldnt deserve the title based on our goal difference or the fact that we actually won more games - only that my personal preference would be a two legged play off when points are even.

In this case, yes, United's goal difference is so superior etc that we do deserve it more than they do, but what if there was only the odd goal in it?

I just think a play off would be a very exciting event to have and lets face it, it would be a very rare - how often would it really happen?

IMO a two legged play off is at least as good a way of deciding a championship as goals difference.

Unread 06-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Sparky***

As so many have said beforehand, there is no way we should even be in this position. We went sent out a team at chelsea not to get beat, rather than to win. Say what you like about dodgy refs etc, etc.. but we had 2 shots cleared off the line in the last 5 mins at stamford bridge which suggests that had we shown some balls in the preceeding 85 mins we would have scored at least 2 or 3 goals.

This title race should be done and dusted. When Heskey scored that last minute equaliser at stamford bridge, chelsea were akin to a fighter on the ropes, All we had to do was just keep throwing the punches and wait for them to fall. But we didn't. Instead, what we have done is fart arse about and allowed them to gain their composure back and clear their heads.

If we go out on sunday and we draw or get beat by Wigan, it won't be kirkland's, steve bruce's or that pitch's fault. It will be all down to Manchester United and Mr Alex Ferguson. Just the same way as if we win it - it will all be down to them as well.

Unread 06-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

League results 2007/08

United 2 Chelsea 0
Chelsea 2 United 1

agg 3-2 to United

charity shield 2008: United (champions) 1 Chelsea (FA Cup winners) 1

United won on penalties

it's a 38 game league, and if United win game 38 they win the league

history will show that it was close either way

but that's because we're talking about the two best teams in Europe by some distance

this "we should've already won it" malarkey is all very well - if you are going to factor in ALL the reasons why we haven't.

these reasons include dodgy decisions virtually all going against United in the last few league games, and Chelsea being a £#%&!ing good team

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:35 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero
Kirkland is the one that worries me.
Yeah, that's my fear too.
I'm pretty confident our defence can cope with Wigan...certainly can't see us shipping more than one goal.
My biggest fear though is the 'inspired keeper' ..or the 'Brad Friedel Syndrome' if you like.

I'm a quivering bag of £#%&!ing nerves during big games...I'll be in a right £#%&!ing state on Sunday.
The last thing I want to see is a couple of early decent saves from Kirkland.

I know I always fret about the 'worst case scenario' before EVERY single United match, but even the calmest of anti-Doom Reds must be worrying about this one???!

I think our away form this season has been pretty £#%&!ng ordinary for a Championship 'winning' (fingers crossed) season.
We've been unable to cope with giddy, up for it opponents on their grounds - West Ham, Blackburn, Bolton, Middlesbrough, City..all the usual suspects.
Even the appalling Reading & Derby fought like £#%&!ing Titans when we were in town.

Please Lads, for the love of £#%&!ing God...please score a couple of early goals on Sunday..

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yeah, that's my fear too.
I'm pretty confident our defence can cope with Wigan...certainly can't see us shipping more than one goal.
My biggest fear though is the 'inspired keeper' ..or the 'Brad Friedel Syndrome' if you like.

I'm a quivering bag of £#%&!ing nerves during big games...I'll be in a right £#%&!ing state on Sunday.
The last thing I want to see is a couple of early decent saves from Kirkland.

I know I always fret about the 'worst case scenario' before EVERY single United match, but even the calmest of anti-Doom Reds must be worrying about this one???!

I think our away form this season has been pretty £#%&!ng ordinary for a Championship 'winning' (fingers crossed) season.
We've been unable to cope with giddy, up for it opponents on their grounds - West Ham, Blackburn, Bolton, Middlesbrough, City..all the usual suspects.
Even the appalling Reading & Derby fought like £#%&!ing Titans when we were in town.

Please Lads, for the love of £#%&!ing God...please score a couple of early goals on Sunday..
don't be £#%&!ing soft man

Wigan are mincemeat
Closed Thread