United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Papadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
If we are all honest, Sky, Glazer, Edwards, none of these are truly responsible for what has happened to our club.

What killed the club was apathy from the fans.

Let's not forget, not so long ago, Mr Knighton nearly bought the club for less than we paid for Carrick.

I see FC as a choice for people who want to start with a clean slate and mould a club into what the fans want it to be. For those who are sticking by MUFC it's a case of grabbing what we can from the aftermath of the train-wreck that the club has become.
Let it go man

Unread 09-01-2007, 04:54 PM
My Name is Keith

I have documented my displeasure about what MUFC has become elsewhere and agree with a lot of your points Cod.

But I'm now bored with considering the issue. If we're not careful, 'fans' will end up spending their entire time going on about how shit it is rather than trying to enjoy themselves.

People pay alot of money to attend football matches nowadays - the last thing they want to keep hearing is how crap it is. For those that no longer go - that's fair enough. If you feel that you must justify your decision.

But for people that still go and wait for it, **still enjoy it**, enough is enough.

I don't derive the same excitement from United that I used to do and I frequently look around the place sneering at some of the 'customers' we have supporting the club. I despise how United has been traded and purchased.

But then I go to the odd away game, or meet up with some kindred spirits for an all-dayer in Mcr and my faith is restored. I remember why I actually enjoy going to the match.

I still feel mortally hurt when we lose and ecstatic when we win. I still feel the same angst over our rivals successes that I always have.

These are emotions that have developed and marinated over 30 years and simply cannot (and I've tried) but replicated elsewhere.

Life's too short Codders. Enjoy it while you can.

Unread 09-01-2007, 04:56 PM
carlosartorial

Nice post Keith, you big fruit.

Unread 09-01-2007, 04:57 PM
El Calafate

this thread is for dullards. nft.

Unread 09-01-2007, 05:35 PM
£#%&! KFC

the one thing you have to give the Glazers credit for is getting rid of boring £#%&!wits like COD and his ilk from United

Unread 09-01-2007, 05:55 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
the one thing you have to give the Glazers credit for is getting rid of boring £#%&!wits like COD and his ilk from United
and the one thing that allows credit for Glazer from the banks and hedge funds is @#%&!s like you emptying their wallets for him

Unread 09-01-2007, 06:25 PM
£#%&! KFC

that's right @#%&!head me and the 67,000 others who kept their books

£#%&! FC United and £#%&! you

Unread 09-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs down I was right, then

You lot are lost. It's easily done; one minute you're wandering aimlessly taking in the scenery. Next your on the edge of town and notice the locals despise you. Anyway, lucky I'm here to help:

http://www.fredtissue.co.uk/

You all come back now. Not.

Unread 09-01-2007, 08:03 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
that's right @#%&!head me and the 67,000 others who kept their books

£#%&! FC United and £#%&! you
Glad you agree

Incidently Is this the same 67.000 who get drowned out by Villa fans

Face it it's gone and only prepuberscent "clued up" reds such as yourself fail to see the obvious

Unread 09-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Dr_Mongoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Incidently Is this the same 67.000 who get drowned out by Villa fans

Face it it's gone and only prepuberscent "clued up" reds such as yourself fail to see the obvious
Frankly anyone who thinks the atmosphere at OT is worse now than it was 18 months ago is deluding themselves.

Yeah generally the atmosphere is £#%&!, as it was 2, 3 ,5 years ago. But there have been a few times the last 18 months where the atmos at OT has been cracking. Chelsea last season was as loud as I've heard the place since Boro in '91.

Unread 09-01-2007, 08:20 PM
£#%&! KFC

the atmosphere this season has been excellent for some games, in fact where I sit it's generally good and certainly better than it was 10 years ago, I remember getting the league trophy in 1997 the ground was like a morgue

that's probably because it was full of spoilt bastards like rubberjohnny and his mate COD, I think OT is a far healthier place these days now these overgrown students are down at Gigg Lane every other week

it won't be like a morgue if we win the title this season

Unread 09-01-2007, 08:43 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
I remember getting the league trophy in 1997 the ground was like a morgue
Probably because we won the League at Boro that season

Unread 09-01-2007, 08:44 PM
£#%&! KFC

wrong #@&%! we won the league at Boro in 1996....you JCL numpty

Unread 09-01-2007, 08:46 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
wrong #@&%! we won the league at Boro in 1996....you JCL numpty
Fair play

Unread 09-01-2007, 08:47 PM
£#%&! KFC

come on Watcher....edit your post before you look like a total #@&%!

Unread 09-01-2007, 08:50 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
come on Watcher....edit your post before you look like a total #@&%!
I'll take my medicine. It was an amature mistake.

I blame your name. I find it quite offensive!

Forza KFC

Unread 09-01-2007, 08:53 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
I think OT is a far healthier place these days now these overgrown students are down at Gigg Lane every other week
Wow you've been going now for 10 whole years now so I shouldn't be suprised that you have no idea as to what OT was like before it became a morgue infested by corporate types and woefully opinionated teens that spout nonsensical shite about how OT is rocking.

Glazer is welcome to yor sort Gobshite

Unread 09-01-2007, 08:53 PM
£#%&! KFC

not quite as offensive as I find FC United I'll wager

if you are going to try and be a smart arse complete with I always find it maybe best to get your information right first, but maybe you haven't been a Watcher of United for that long so I'll let you off

Unread 09-01-2007, 08:54 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
if you are going to try and be a smart arse complete with I always find it maybe best to get your information right first, but maybe you haven't been a Watcher of United for that long so I'll let you off

Unread 09-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Remember a game v Villa way back in 91/92. United looked headed for the league that year, but the atmos was often as not shit so instead of standing in Strettie paddock we got tickets for SEATS - in United Road (North Lower ) next to the Villa fans.

Apart from the odd UNITED and HUGHSIE when he scored the first time most round by us opened their mouths was on the way out of the £#%&!in ground after a 1-0 win, but I think it was just the concrete walls that made it sound like more than 20 people had joined in.

When OT is up and feeling it there's no place like it, but it's up and feeling it less and less often. Dr Mongoose is right for me, but instead of 2, 3 or 5 it's more like 5, 10 or 15.
Closed Thread