United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 18-07-2023, 06:53 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Bellers thinks he's going to be starting next to Martinez against Wolves
I really don’t, I’m questioning why we’re even entertaining it. I guess you’re on board with it be a decent thing to do and the manager is always right.

This is one of your last posts about Evans, it takes 15 seconds

Quote:
Exactly the types of players we should be looking to get rid of. Evans looked promising (as did welbeck), but had his chance when Vida and Rio left and bottled it big time. Sick of players with no %@#$&!s turning up in our first team.

Unread 18-07-2023, 06:57 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
United marketing/media team already super excited by the idea they can use “#WelBack”

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
I really don’t, I’m questioning why we’re even entertaining it. I guess you’re on board with it be a decent thing to do and the manager is always right.

He is obviously not signing to play. It won’t go past the pre season. A few defenders will be binned/ left in Manchester . We have varane , lindelof and Martinez as senior CBs. He would probably just want one more to be able to rotate in pre season games.

ETH already has evans training , he still is an international footballer who played premier league football only last season and in training sessions he obviously would be more competitive to train and play with than a 5th choice academy player.

Unread 18-07-2023, 07:03 PM
puressence

Fold it

Unread 18-07-2023, 07:05 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
We took that ‘no more Fergie players left in the squad’ thing badly, didn’t we.
Announce Albiston/McIlroy

Unread 18-07-2023, 07:06 PM
Jethro

It's going to piss off all the right people so for that reason alone I'm onboard

Unread 18-07-2023, 07:06 PM
History

I thought Evans was massively over rated and the original lindelof in the @#%&! stakes but people don't actually believe he's a proper signing do they?

He's obviously a good pro, and if he's training we might aswell use him in friendlies alongside the youngsters or if he hasn't found a club by September use him in the U21s

Unread 18-07-2023, 07:12 PM
Ethers

Signing a player to play in meaningless pre-season games is pretty bizarre whatever way you try to spin it.

Unread 18-07-2023, 07:16 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by History View Post
I thought Evans was massively over rated and the original lindelof in the @#%&! stakes but people don't actually believe he's a proper signing do they?

He's obviously a good pro, and if he's training we might aswell use him in friendlies alongside the youngsters or if he hasn't found a club by September use him in the U21s
So let me just get this right because after the Onana thread I’m not so sure about things anymore.

- the general consensus is that Evans is a bit shite?
- the overall thought is that United have been wasting money on shite for years?
- but it’s ok we waste a bit of money on shite because we know he’s shite and if all else fails he can train the under 21’s or something?

I can’t work out if I’m completely wrong or this is the start of ten hags revolution.

Unread 18-07-2023, 07:17 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Not sure what your point is , but delighted you took some time out of your day searching for an old post.

Why does my opinion of what Evans was as a first team player matter considering we've signed him as presumably a bit of a favour/ cover for a pre season tour

Unread 18-07-2023, 07:19 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post
Signing a player to play in meaningless pre-season games is pretty bizarre whatever way you try to spin it.
He would probably have done it for free which makes it all the more bizarre...

Unread 18-07-2023, 07:27 PM
believe

Quote:
Not sure what your point is , but delighted you took some time out of your day searching for an old post.

Why does my opinion of what Evans was as a first team player matter considering we've signed him as presumably a bit of a favour/ cover for a pre season tour
You think us doing a “favour” to a player who you thought was shite is a good thing

Like I said 15 seconds.

Edit: another 15 seconds

Quote:
Not sure about the 'looking good' bit. We used to be ruthless when it came to players in and out. I'd rather have that back than get bent over by players like we have for the last decade or so. How many contracts extended that shouldn't have been. How many hundreds of millions in wasted wages.

Unread 18-07-2023, 07:36 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
You think us doing a “favour” to a player who you thought was shite is a good thing

Like I said 15 seconds.

Edit: another 15 seconds

Where did I say it was a good thing

And clearly I wasn't referring to this situation with that other post. More the likes of Pogba, Jones, Lingard, DDG etc who were repeatedly given new contracts for comercial reasons despite not being good enough.

But you knew that, didn't you.

Unread 18-07-2023, 07:39 PM
believe

Quote:
Where did I say it was a good thing

And clearly I wasn't referring to this situation with that other post. More the likes of Pogba, Jones, Lingard, DDG etc who were repeatedly given new contracts for comercial reasons despite not being good enough.

But you knew that, didn't you.
So you agree it’s a bad thing?

Unread 18-07-2023, 07:47 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
So you agree it’s a bad thing?
No why are you so desperate to shoehorn it as good or bad? Do you really think everything is that simple?

Put it this way, on the list of things I think is wrong with the club at the moment, signing Jonny Evans is up there with Garnachos hair pal. i.e. I couldn't give a £#%&!.

Unread 18-07-2023, 07:49 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Put it this way, on the list of things I think is wrong with the club at the moment, signing Jonny Evans is up there with Garnachos hair pal. i.e. I couldn't give a £#%&!.
I could. It’s an abysmal haircut.

Unread 18-07-2023, 07:49 PM
Boring Dave

Never rated him, but if we offload Bailey and Maguire, he’ll be a useful squad addition for a season.

It’s far more concerning we’ve lumbered ourselves with Rashford for 5 more years.

Unread 18-07-2023, 08:02 PM
armchair

It's the ultimate £#%&! you to maguire.

Unread 18-07-2023, 08:07 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
It's the ultimate £#%&! you to maguire.
No coincidence it came a day after his team briefed the rags and Sky...

Unread 18-07-2023, 08:20 PM
marlo

are we finding a way to spin this nonsense now then?

This is ridiculous and weird.

Instead of the coaching staff to be finding a way to score goals he is doing favours.

Sign some strikers ffs

Unread 18-07-2023, 08:37 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post

This is ridiculous and weird.

Instead of the coaching staff to be finding a way to score goals he is doing favours.

Sign some strikers ffs