Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-07-2021, 11:28 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Not really a secret.

Matchday 1 last season: Man City vs. Myp Wolves

If you go into a season hoping for Man City to win their games, you're a City fan IMO.
You think . If you know your own team isn’t going to win the league then I think it’s legitimate to want a team that isn’t your most hated to win it. The rats being the most hated I presume in switchers case?

We haven’t won the league in nearly 10 years pal and haven’t remotely threatened in all of those years. We didn’t even threaten last season after finishing 2nd.

Bad form trying to call out switchers for that

Unread 28-07-2021, 11:37 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
You think . If you know your own team isn’t going to win the league then I think it’s legitimate to want a team that isn’t your most hated to win it. The rats being the most hated I presume in switchers case?

We haven’t won the league in nearly 10 years pal and haven’t remotely threatened in all of those years. We didn’t even threaten last season after finishing 2nd.
If I went into the season hoping Manchester City would win all their games to ensure that Liverpool don't win the league, I'd stop bothering. I certainly wouldn't be watching City games in the process.

Not serious about being a City fan, but do think it's an odd position to take going into a season. Fair enough if you have a preference later on, but watching City's first game of the season and thinking "I hope they don't drop points here" is a bit much for me.

It doesn't really matter obviously and is a completely pointless discussion. It was just a cheap shot because he was being a misery guts about the signing of Sancho and Varane.

Unread 29-07-2021, 12:00 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
If I went into the season hoping Manchester City would win all their games to ensure that Liverpool don't win the league, I'd stop bothering. I certainly wouldn't be watching City games in the process.

Not serious about being a City fan, but do think it's an odd position to take going into a season. Fair enough if you have a preference later on, but watching City's first game of the season and thinking "I hope they don't drop points here" is a bit much for me.

It doesn't really matter obviously and is a completely pointless discussion. It was just a cheap shot because he was being a misery guts about the signing of Sancho and Varane.
It’s an on the edge comment made, I presume, out of a frustration with our consistently shit position. And tbf, he’s not the only one who feels that way about united. We’ve been average or shite for a decade pal.

100% Weirder to catalogue and save that comment to regurgitate it a year later than say it in the first place.

Unread 29-07-2021, 12:17 AM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
100% Weirder to catalogue and save that comment to regurgitate it a year later than say it in the first place.
Don't see what's weird about referencing a comment from a year ago, googling what date City played their first game last season, finding the corresponding "Tonight's games" thread, looking through it to find the specific comment, posting a link to it in order to prove it's existence, and then debating the merits of said point with someone else past midnight on a Wednesday night. But to each their own.

Unread 29-07-2021, 01:16 AM
AK14

Quote:
Not really a secret.

Matchday 1 last season: Man City vs. Wolves

If you go into a season hoping for Man City to win their games, you're a City fan IMO.

Oh wait…

Unread 29-07-2021, 07:59 AM
saffers

Great to see the little Ole propagandist put in his place.

Who do you think you are coming for big Switchers like that.

And so weird to bring up old posts like that, do you have a £#%&!ing notepad with these things saved you madman.

Unread 29-07-2021, 01:40 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Great to see the little Ole propagandist put in his place.

Who do you think you are coming for big Switchers like that.

And so weird to bring up old posts like that, do you have a £#%&!ing notepad with these things saved you madman.
Jaysus, just caught up

Just seen on SSN our business is done. No delight in being proven right in 24 hours

Unread 29-07-2021, 01:51 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
It’s an on the edge comment made, I presume, out of a frustration with our consistently shit position. And tbf, he’s not the only one who feels that way about united. We’ve been average or shite for a decade pal.

Remnant of having to defend yourself from being called a purple for a while?

Dare I say a twinge of ‘bitterness’

Unread 29-07-2021, 01:58 PM
dunk

A midfielder and Trippier before the end of August imo.

Unread 29-07-2021, 02:00 PM
Halloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/...854025733?s=21

Would be good business, as long as the midfielder is a defensive one.

Unread 29-07-2021, 02:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
Would be good business, as long as the midfielder is a defensive one.
Just someone that can run and can control and pass a football would be nice.

Unread 29-07-2021, 02:16 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/...854025733?s=21

That's fine wanting to wait for Trippier but we only have Wan-Bissaka and Williams fit. Shaw will be a doubt imo.

Could cost us at the start of the season. Wan-Bissaka's defending hasn't improved...

Unread 29-07-2021, 02:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
That's fine wanting to wait for Trippier but we only have Wan-Bissaka and Williams fit. Shaw will be a doubt imo.

Could cost us at the start of the season. Wan-Bissaka's defending hasn't improved...
Shaw will be fit for the start of the season.

Unread 29-07-2021, 02:19 PM
redhegemony

Quote:

Lindelof can play right back. Or can go to a back 3.

Unread 29-07-2021, 02:23 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Shaw will be fit for the start of the season.

https://twitter.com/utddistrict/stat...440868353?s=21
Good news.

Looking forward to seeing him with Varane and Maguire. All 3 are top players. Shaw is getting better and better. I think he and whoever is on the left will get more joy now we don't have to play down that side in every attack. Having Sancho on the right will open it up. Although I can see Sancho starting against Leeds on the left with Rashford being out and Martial where ever he is ffs.

Unread 29-07-2021, 02:30 PM
dunk

Martial is back in training on Monday, along with just about everyone else.

Unread 29-07-2021, 02:32 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

Dalot still hanging around.

Unread 29-07-2021, 02:32 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Martial is back in training on Monday, along with just about everyone else.
He was meant to be back this monday with Van de Beek.

Unread 29-07-2021, 03:17 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Nah. If Henderson had played we’d have won a trophy, it was reported last week Henderson starts as number 1.

De Gea is a liability, he’s cost us f***ing loads over the last 3-4 years. Needs shooting out of a f***ing canon. Should’ve been sold to PSG and we should’ve got Donarumma.
I will throw party the day De Gea leaves.

Unread 29-07-2021, 07:45 PM
armchair

thread ban for all of you. a week full ban for neo.
Closed Thread