United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

We should sign Arteta and Gravesen

And I think we will sign Bent and let Saha go.

Which I would be happy with - I think if he can step up, Bent would be a great signing for the side and how they play at the minute.

*One of those is a joke

Unread 22-05-2007, 02:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the spanish press have their own agendas, though. ronnie to real/barca is the main drum they like to bang and so any 'united after a winger' story is a goer, true or not.

i think united would do better with a flexible attacking midfielder/attacker, given that we haven't really played out and out wingers for a while now and that we need a replacement for giggs, who mainly plays a (very loosely defined) central role. we need someone to fit into that three that has been rooney, ronnie and ryan this year. ideally they'd begin with 'r'. i'd have gone for resley schneider, but i suspect it will be rossi. as long as he gets his chance i think that would be fine, tbh. he certainly has the talent.
Nani could be an option for that, as he isn't really an out and out winger. In fact, there has been some suggestion that he could end up as a no.10 in the future. He doesn't tend to hug the touchline anyway, so he's not in the Simao/Quaresma style of wide players. I think as a player he'd be a good fit for United, it's just whether he's the best option in terms of still being a little raw and perhaps not likely to make a huge impact in his first season.

Unread 22-05-2007, 02:28 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Nobody in the world, even Nani himself, knows if that contract's been signed.

Todays M.E.N says he signed last Wednesday. I've heard the same elsewhere.

Unread 22-05-2007, 02:30 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
So have I. I've also heard he difinitely hasn't too. As I said nobody knows.

Unread 22-05-2007, 02:32 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I do have my doubts that sufficient money will be made available to the manager though. Afterall, the Glazer's have hardly gone to town in the last 2 summers so why would this year be any different?
A title ? I'd like to think that would make a difference.

Not saying it will, but I'm hopeful we'll spend around £25m net this summer.

Unread 22-05-2007, 02:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
The report that came out last week said he was set to sign. As the last line of this article from yesterday's A-BOLA says, it still has not been signed.

Unread 22-05-2007, 03:01 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The report that came out last week said he was set to sign. As the last line of this article from yesterday's A-BOLA says, it still has not been signed.
What do M.E.N know anyway - They've printed a picture of 'Nani' and they've got the wrong bloke - he's not even the right skin colour !

Unread 22-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Barracuda

There is a way of bringing an end to the confusion surrounding Nani ...

We should £#%&! him off and pop down to the Arse to get Van Persie instead, he's wasted in that team.

Bit of a @#%&! and next to no chance of getting him, but him Rooney and Ronnie behind one main striker would be fantastic.

Unread 22-05-2007, 03:45 PM
dunk

Rafael Palladino
Closed Thread