United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph
He's been a failure
Very harsh assessment considering the lack of opportunities he's had in his best role.

On the few occasions he was used as a central number 10, he looked very good.

Similar story to Veron - a very talented player who has been used completely incorrectly during his entire time at the club.

Unread 25-08-2014, 11:24 PM
ChairmanMao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
That's the system I see us using, with Di Maria tucked inside Shaw. The central midfield looks very weak from a combative perspective though. Where's the defensive cover? Where's the physical presence?

Really would prefer it if we went 4-3-3 with Januzaj and Di Maria flanking a centre-forward, but it seems Van Gaal doesn't want to pick between Rooney and Van Persie. It's an utter mess.
Can we get real about Januzaj for just a second, he shows enormous potential, but picking him consistently ahead of either RVP or Rooney if that's genuinely the choice would be £#%&!ing insanity.

Januzaj has flashes of genius but he isn't consistent enough to be a week in week out first name on the teamsheet pick.

Unread 25-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
With di Maria now in.
Tony v bye bye?
Wrong wing?

Unread 26-08-2014, 12:11 AM
Aman27deep

Can see us playing a diamond tbh

Unread 26-08-2014, 12:16 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao
Can we get real about Januzaj for just a second, he shows enormous potential, but picking him consistently ahead of either RVP or Rooney if that's genuinely the choice would be £#%&!ing insanity.

Januzaj has flashes of genius but he isn't consistent enough to be a week in week out first name on the teamsheet pick.
The only way he's going to gain consistency is by playing games, not by sitting on the bench and watching Rooney chase his own first touch like a dog chasing it's own tail.

Giggs played 51 times in the 1991/92 season, and 46 times in the title-winning 1992/93 season. He'd racked up over 150 appearances by the time he was 21.

Januzaj is clearly better than some of our other senior wingers, so let the lad play. The boy's a genius.

Unread 26-08-2014, 12:18 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
Can see us playing a diamond tbh

I was full of excitment at the tactical flexibility (and novelty) of seeing us play with 3 CB's.

However, the reality of the shit we have available in that position has made me realise that 433 is probably where we are going to end up.

Tbf though, if Vidal comes in then we'll have gone from a weak mid-table midfield to one that will rip up the league.

Unread 26-08-2014, 12:30 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
The only way he's going to gain consistency is by playing games, not by sitting on the bench and watching Rooney chase his own first touch like a dog chasing it's own tail.

Giggs played 51 times in the 1991/92 season, and 46 times in the title-winning 1992/93 season. He'd racked up over 150 appearances by the time he was 21.

Januzaj is clearly better than some of our other senior wingers, so let the lad play. The boy's a genius.

I just haven't seen the genius. I feel like it's one of those magic eye pictures that only I can't see.

Unread 26-08-2014, 01:37 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
De Gea

Coleman---Benatia---Jones---Shaw

Herrera---Vidal

Di-Maria---Mata---Rooney

RvP

We'll shit 'em.

4-2-3-1 without a shadow of a doubt. Januzaj competing for the wide spots.
Carrick centre back if we don't sign another

Unread 26-08-2014, 01:54 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao

Totally different kind of player.

My point is we should be playing with one no.9 not two (with the two in question often not actually combining well) which will improve the balance of the team. It'll also give us some extra pace, and would mean we're not tied to playing 3-4-1-2.

Unread 26-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
I just haven't seen the genius. I feel like it's one of those magic eye pictures that only I can't see.
His technique, weight of pass, ability to glide past seasoned defenders & his ability to find space & time are a nonsense for a 19 year old. Almost no one can do those things together at his age, especially the appreciation of space.

He should be eased in rather than relied upon, but while Utd were shit last year he continued to play his game, admirable courage in the face of a @#%&! of a manager who wanted to lump it & cross it repeatedly.

He'll be here for a long, long time. Or until Madrid come knocking with £100m.

Unread 26-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Dg
Rafael Jones Evans rojo
....Carrick Herrera
.Janu...mata...di maria
.....rooney/rvp

End of.

Unread 26-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Baron

--------------De Gea----------------

----Jones----Evans----Rojo-------

Rafael-------Carrick----------Shaw

-------Herrera-----Di Maria---------

-------------Mata-------------------

--------------Rooney---------------

Maybe drop Rooney after a couple of games of watching his first touch spanner into the crowd.

Unread 26-08-2014, 01:05 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Dg
Rafael Jones Evans rojo
....Carrick Herrera
.Janu...mata...di maria
.....rooney/rvp

End of.
shaw?

Unread 26-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

De Gea

Jones
Rojo
Evans

Valencia
Carrick
Herrera
Di Maria
Shaw

Januzaj
Welbeck

De Gea

Janko
Jones
Rojo
Shaw

Pearson
Herrera
Di Maria

Lawrence
Januzaj
Wilson

Unread 26-08-2014, 01:19 PM
dragflick

Ogden says that we'll now play 4-3-3, meaning Mata could be fighting for a place.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...Juan-Mata.html

Which would mean this:

DDG

Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw

Herrera Vidal

Rooney

Di Maria RvP Januzaj

Which really isn't that much different to the 4-2-3-1 that every @#%&! plays, as Rooney will clearly be further forward than the other two in the middle. Hmmmm. Our record signing from only 8 months ago now on the bench if that's the case/team

£#%&!ing good team though.

Unread 26-08-2014, 01:25 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Ogden says that we'll now play 4-3-3, meaning Mata could be fighting for a place.

Which would mean this:

DDG

Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw

Herrera Vidal

Rooney

Di Maria RvP Januzaj

Which really isn't that much different to the 4-2-3-1 that every @#%&! plays, as Rooney will clearly be further forward than the other two in the middle. Hmmmm. Our record signing from only 8 months ago now on the bench if that's the case/team

I reckon we'd need to sign vidal for that to work.

Unread 26-08-2014, 01:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Seems to be something against Mata from some close to the club. Neville and Yorke were digging him out on Sunday and I'm pretty sure Scholes was throwing subbies at him at the back end of the season. Doesn't feel like there's a great vibe around him.

Haven't the youth teams gone 3-4-1-2 this season? Would suggest it's not just a short-term thing.

Unread 26-08-2014, 01:26 PM
barca99

-------------Dave

Rafael - Jones - Evans - Rojo

-------Herrera Fletcher

---Di maria -Rooney - Mata

------------RVP

Unread 26-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Which would mean this:

DDG

Rafael Jones Rojo Shaw

Herrera Vidal

Rooney

Di Maria RvP Januzaj

tbf signing Mata was a desperate bid to scramble into the CL wasn't it

he's probably worth low to mid £20m so it was basically a £15m punt to get £50m+ - not bad odds when you look at the obscene amounts they're chucking about atm

Unread 26-08-2014, 01:28 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I reckon we'd need to sign vidal for that to work.
We will, love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Seems to be something against Mata from some close to the club. Neville and Yorke were digging him out on Sunday and I'm pretty sure Scholes was throwing subbies at him at the back end of the season. Doesn't feel like there's a great vibe around him.

Haven't the youth teams gone 3-4-3 this season? Would suggest it's not just a short-term thing.
Not forgetting Giggs benching him for most of the 3 games he had in charge. He did bring him on in the second half for one of them where he bagged a couple and looked miles better than the rest of the £#%&!ers on the pitch though tbf. Looking forward to how we line up at the home of football, Turf Moor, on Saturday...
Closed Thread