Unread 27-10-2013, 01:16 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
This.

Except the bit about liking him

Would rather see januzaj start
If it's an either or for left wing, then yes I would choose januz

But I would rather we played both in the same side.

Unread 27-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
If it's an either or for left wing, then yes I would choose januz

But I would rather we played both in the same side.
Exactly. It's not one or the other. Moyes should be doing his utmost to play the best 11. I'm still not convinced, at all, that the way we're playing Rooney and RvP is getting the best out of either of them at the moment.

Unread 27-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush
Anderson has won 4 league titles. What is your point?

What is it with this player that makes you all so defensive and menstrual? The little Belgian lad has shown far more quality and composure on the ball that Kagawa.

This is the third time I've received abuse for expressing a lack of faith in the player. Getting sick and tired of it to be honest
Kagawa was their best player, that's the difference between him and Anderson.

Unread 27-10-2013, 02:09 PM
jem

:shakehead:

just :shakehead:

kagawa and rooney switching places in central midfield? does this mean taking it in turns to get in each other's way?

start with a solid midfield. then work out where you will put three of rooney, veep, kagawa, januzaj, nani, cheech, welbeck, cleverley, etc.

slagging off kagawa.... and nani..... and rooney....... pointless.

Unread 27-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
:shakehead:

just :shakehead:

kagawa and rooney switching places in central midfield? does this mean taking it in turns to get in each other's way?

start with a solid midfield. then work out where you will put three of rooney, veep, kagawa, januzaj, nani, cheech, welbeck, cleverley, etc.

slagging off kagawa.... and nani..... and rooney....... pointless.
how about setting up in a shape to suit the way you want to play and picking the players to suit it. football is about scoring goals, so that shape has to be one that allows you to play to the strengths of the players you have. and for united that means width and 2 strikers, one up one off. it does not mean 3 behind 1 narrow ffs.

yesterday he set up in a shape that loads of people have laughably and blindly been banging on about being our best and it was the worst i've seen united play for a long long time until he changed it - at which point it became really quite gorgeous and emotional

Unread 27-10-2013, 02:18 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
how about setting up in a shape to suit the way you want to play and picking the players to suit it. football is about scoring goals, so that shape has to be one that allows you to play to the strengths of the players you have. and for united that means width and 2 strikers, one up one off. it does not mean 3 behind 1 narrow ffs.

yesterday he set up in a shape that loads of people have laughably and blindly been banging on about being our best and it was the worst i've seen united play for a long long time until he changed it - at which point it became really quite gorgeous and emotional

Unread 27-10-2013, 02:36 PM
jem

Quote:

er.... we played 4-4-2 with rooney deep. we had smalling giving £#%&! all help to nani, kagawa coming inside so we had nothing on the left but evra, veep was anonymous, rooney was everywhere working hard, but not that effective and his passing was off.

once valencia and januzaj came on, we looked a bit better, but it was better payers, not a different shape.

anyway what is not "setting up in a shape that suits the way you want to play" about 4-3-3?

the fact is we had too many lighweight and unreliable players. and smalling is not a right back and evans had one of his more shit days. players are not performing - some for understandable reasons - but it is basically moyes that is the problem. some credit for his substitutions, but he caused the problem and any moron could have put valencia on instead of smalling at 1-2. or cheech instead of cleverley.

Unread 27-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Jem dropping a few cluster truths there tbh

Unread 27-10-2013, 05:28 PM
rafabio

I said last year none of our wingers are good or even decent on a consistent basis. And what's worse, we play a static 4-4-2 where most of the creativity should come from wingers.

when young plays, he looks worse and people look at nani and valencia fondly. But when nani plays he stinks out the pitch too because of his pea sized brain. Less said about valencia the better.

Kagawa will never be good or even look decent in a traditional winger role. He will never cross the ball meaning he has lost a few points in moyes book already. If he plays centrally too, he needs runners who will run past the defenders. cleverley and carrick stand near the centre circle ans ask for the ball to start another turgid move of trying to pass it to winger who will then cross it aimlessly.

Would love to see the stats, we must be the team with most number of crosses.

Unread 27-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Jem dropping a few cluster truths there tbh
apart from not recognising the formation you mean?

Unread 27-10-2013, 08:43 PM
thrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You said that he played in the Bundesliga for 6 months. That may fit Iain Duncan Smith's definition of a "fact", but not many others.
No mate. I said he played well in the Bundesliga for six months. I'm fully aware he played there for two seasons but much of that was either him being injured or behind Gotze.

The main facts I mentioned you're overlooking is that he cost them 350k and isn't good enough for United. Cold hard facts I'm not very sorry to say

Unread 27-10-2013, 10:22 PM
jem

Quote:
apart from not recognising the formation you mean?
I don't know what you thought it was, but it looked the same as every other £#%&!ing week. and it didn't work.

but, given that rooney goes where he wants and kagawa goes where he wants, etc, what matters, as always, is the balance. and it was totally wrong. again.

moyes is an idiot. so are you.

Unread 27-10-2013, 10:33 PM
utd99

If we were going to play to the strengths of our players we'd narrow the pitch by thirty yards.

Unread 27-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I don't know what you thought it was, but it looked the same as every other £#%&!ing week. and it didn't work.

but, given that rooney goes where he wants and kagawa goes where he wants, etc, what matters, as always, is the balance. and it was totally wrong. again.

moyes is an idiot. so are you.
it wasn't the same

i can't be bothered talking to you about the rest

Unread 27-10-2013, 11:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
it wasn't the same

i can't be bothered talking to you about the rest
Funny how frequently this seems to happen after someone makes you look a fool.

Unread 28-10-2013, 12:26 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush
No mate. I said he played well in the Bundesliga for six months. I'm fully aware he played there for two seasons but much of that was either him being injured or behind Gotze.

The main facts I mentioned you're overlooking is that he cost them 350k and isn't good enough for United. Cold hard facts I'm not very sorry to say
A matter of opinion, not fact - at least until he has been given a decent run in the team (in his preferred position, ideally) and not made a scapegoat for the manager's own shortcomings.

Hth.

Unread 28-10-2013, 12:33 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Funny how frequently this seems to happen after someone makes you look a fool.
you're £#%&!ing mental

and boring

Unread 28-10-2013, 06:25 AM
jem

Quote:
you're £#%&!ing mental

and boring
but not wrong.

Unread 28-10-2013, 07:01 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
He'd be great for arsenal imo
incidentally the last place id sell him.

Unread 28-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
but not wrong.
i like your use of 'but'

but you've ruined it by being wrong again
Closed Thread