United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-05-2024, 06:24 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
this season has been a disaster because we have wasted money in the summer and have a shit manager so it compounds the misery.

I’d say the quality of the league is high relatively but also the rest of Europe have got better etc.

i watch alot of football and most you don’t watch any games outside of United so aren’t well placed to speak about anything other than your myopic United views.

most teams that we play , look good, good styles of play , all energetic and quite clinical.

The reason it’s abit meh is because we have never been this far behind the leading pack and I’m not just talking points.

We have maybe 1 world class player in our squad and half of most teams in the league can walk into our starting 11.
Look at the England squad for example, we don’t have established attacking player in there yet we used to have all our English players literally starters.
we used to be a top heavy team full of the best attacking talent and now our forwards are Antony, Hojlund, Rashford and garnacho. None of them would start for any of the top 6.
We have a dodgy keeper and our “savior” CB has been injured for 65 percent of his time here.

So of course football is dead, it’s because we are at deaths door!
Most teams are odds on to beat us at OT nowadays with the bookies

We’ve become a team that you associate with failure and embarrassing defeats
you turn on a live game to see us always being outplayed, you turn up at The grounds and can’t understand why every team looks fitter, stronger and better than us.

We are in big trouble and it won’t get better until we change half the squad and the manager who bought half the bullshit we have in our squad and can’t get the best out of a half decent squad anyway.
Yeah but city paid Mancini two salaries ten years ago!!

Unread 22-05-2024, 07:15 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post

i watch alot of football and most you don’t watch any games outside of United so aren’t well placed to speak about anything other than your myopic United views.

You have the advantage of there being three of you tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Yeah but city paid Mancini two salaries ten years ago!!
City have cheated on an industrial scale to get to where they are.

We have been one of the worst run clubs in the Premier League for over a decade which has significantly contributed to how utterly shit we currently are.

Both can be, and are, true.

Unread 22-05-2024, 07:40 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
You have the advantage of there being three of you tbf.

City have cheated on an industrial scale to get to where they are.

We have been one of the worst run clubs in the Premier League for over a decade which has significantly contributed to how utterly shit we currently are.

Both can be, and are, true.
I think people on here think if they keep telling me City cheated one day I’ll say oh yeah you’re right one day they might get done for some financial irregularities and then everyone can say I told you so but until then I’ll maintain my stance.

Unread 22-05-2024, 07:52 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
I think people on here think if they keep telling me City cheated one day I’ll say oh yeah you’re right one day they might get done for some financial irregularities and then everyone can say I told you so but until then I’ll maintain my stance.
I don't think anyone expects that pal.

Unread 22-05-2024, 07:59 AM
Zorg

Quote:
You just seem to genuinely despise United. Ridiculing fans for being happy about a last-minute winner over Liverpool, mocking them for pointing out city's hundreds of cheating charges and laughing at them for having the nerve to enjoy the crumbs of positivity from a shit season.

I have no idea why you even follow the club, it really seems to do your head in.

Unread 22-05-2024, 08:08 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
You just seem to genuinely despise United. Ridiculing fans for being happy about a last-minute winner over Liverpool, mocking them for pointing out city's hundreds of cheating charges and laughing at them for having the nerve to enjoy the crumbs of positivity from a shit season.

I have no idea why you even follow the club, it really seems to do your head in.
Do you still watch FC United regularly?

Unread 22-05-2024, 08:09 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
By being a massive #@&%! about everything?

"Ooooh, look at you celebrating United beating Liverpool - lol!"

"Here's a post of you being wrong about something from 2007"

£#%&!ing hell mate, talk to someone.

Unread 22-05-2024, 08:15 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
I think your position is both united have spent huge amounts of money during their periods of success so their respective success is comparable. If you look at everything through a very elevated lense then maybe that’s right. But it kind of ignores that city’s cheating allowed them to distort loads of things - for all other clubs that stayed within the rules but things like not losing their best players at key times. We lost Ronaldo and Beckham when we were the most successful club in Europe. City held onto Aguero?!

Come on pal.

Unread 22-05-2024, 08:27 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
By being a massive #@&%! about everything?

"Ooooh, look at you celebrating United beating Liverpool - lol!"

"Here's a post of you being wrong about something from 2007"

£#%&!ing hell mate, talk to someone.
Obviously you’ll quote my posts laughing at people for celebrating the Liverpool win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
I think your position is both united have spent huge amounts of money during their periods of success so their respective success is comparable. If you look at everything through a very elevated lense then maybe that’s right. But it kind of ignores that city’s cheating allowed them to distort loads of things - for all other clubs that stayed within the rules but things like not losing their best players at key times. We lost Ronaldo and Beckham when we were the most successful club in Europe. City held onto Aguero?!

Come on pal.
My point is that I don't give a £#%&! about City, I only care about what's happening at United and everything that City may or may not have done has no affect on that whatsoever, yet for some reason I'm the one always accused of City/Sheik loving.

Did City's cheating cause us to finish 8th this season? Did City's cheating cause us to finish bottom of the easiest group in the CL? It's just this hysterical group of so called United fans who want to use any excuse possible for United being shit. When it wasn't City it was Liverpool using inhalers or referees being hell bent on making sure United don't win the league.

Unread 22-05-2024, 08:33 AM
jem

the only good thing about this season is that it might be start of reversing the decline under the glazers. but it will be a long climb back unless someone is prepared to cull mercilessly.

Unread 22-05-2024, 08:34 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Obviously you’ll quote my posts laughing at people for celebrating the Liverpool win.

My point is that I don't give a £#%&! about City, I only care about what's happening at United and everything that City may or may not have done has no affect on that whatsoever, yet for some reason I'm the one always accused of City/Sheik loving.

Did City's cheating cause us to finish 8th this season? Did City's cheating cause us to finish bottom of the easiest group in the CL? It's just this hysterical group of so called United fans who want to use any excuse possible for United being shit. When it wasn't City it was Liverpool using inhalers or referees being hell bent on making sure United don't win the league.
City’s success does impact us on lots of levels - from being able to attract top talent, having the best manager in the world, to keeping their best players when we lost ours, to distorting the market making ordinary players out of reach financially. To beating us regularly and the phycological impact that has on everyone at the club.

You’re taking a very narrow and slightly autistic view. Erik failed in many ways this season but the environment that exists has also contributed to a more systemic failure at United. What proportion you attribute to each element is debatable but it’s absolute bs to suggest city’s cheating and its subsequent success has had no impact.

Unread 22-05-2024, 08:35 AM
redhegemony

Quote:

Think there's a fair bit of mileage in this argument - why are we so shit given what we spent. How have we made such glaring mistakes such as AWB -Sancho - Maguire - Antony those are down to us not City and its consistent.

the common element is the complete failure of Premier League governance that allowed the Glazers to pillage and destroy the club and CFG to distort the whole edifice. It's two sides of the same coin. I think we can moan about both.

Perhaps the most astonishing thing in all of this is how utterly inept and incompetent the Glazers have been in managing the club but then again maybe taking £1.5bn or whatever it is shows it works nicely for them.

Unread 22-05-2024, 08:38 AM
believe

Quote:
City’s success does impact us on lots of levels - from being able to attract top talent, having the best manager in the world, to keeping their best players when we lost ours, to distorting the market making ordinary players out of reach financially. To beating us regularly and the phycological impact that has on everyone at the club.

You’re taking a very narrow and slightly autistic view. Erik failed in many ways this season but the environment that exists has also contributed to a more systemic failure at United. What proportion you attribute to each element is debatable but it’s absolute bs to suggest city’s cheating and its subsequent success has had no impact.
In the time Abu Dhabi have been at City we’ve had three managers who were regarded as the best in the game and spent billions on players who were regarded the best in the game

Unread 22-05-2024, 08:41 AM
jem

Quote:
In the time Abu Dhabi have been at City we’ve had three managers who were regarded as the best in the game and spent billions on players who were regarded the best in the game
a bold claim.

Unread 22-05-2024, 08:43 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Ha ha ha!!

Fair play, great wum.

Surely it's time to bin it now ffs?

Unread 22-05-2024, 08:44 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Rubbish! None of the managers we’ve had were considered the best in their game when we got them and very few players we’ve got have been. Di Maria maybe.

We’ve been horrifically mismanaged nqat but there can be more than one thing going on at once pal.

Unread 22-05-2024, 08:48 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Rubbish! None of the managers we’ve had were considered the best in their game when we got them and very few players we’ve got have been. Di Maria maybe.

We’ve been horrifically mismanaged nqat but there can be more than one thing going on at once pal.
So you’re telling me that van Gaal, Mourinho and Ten Hag aren’t considered three of the best managers in the game? Was Pogba not considered the best midfielder in Europe when we signed him? SAs Hojlund not considered one of the best young strikers in Europe when we signed him? Depay, wan bissaka I could make another list and show you posts that say they were.

Unread 22-05-2024, 08:59 AM
jem

Quote:
So you’re telling me that van Gaal, Mourinho and Ten Hag aren’t considered three of the best managers in the game? Was Pogba not considered the best midfielder in Europe when we signed him? SAs Hojlund not considered one of the best young strikers in Europe when we signed him? Depay, wan bissaka I could make another list and show you posts that say they were.
king louis, yes. 10h, unproven (now, sadly, proven inadequate). mou? get to £#%&!. that @#%&! should never have been allowed near united.

we've bought some good players, but after years of underinvestment and we've spent very badly on some. pogba is not a good example to quote.

Unread 22-05-2024, 09:02 AM
Zorg

Quote:

There were never any stories linking other clubs to Aguero, Silva, Toure, or later De Bruyne. They knew there was no point even enquiring.
Now we know why.

More than one thing going on at once is what believe struggles with.

It's not either/or. There are several strands to it, one of which is city's serial cheating, and another of which is United being atrociously badly run for nearly 20 years.

The entire point of the rules is to stop clubs gaining and unfair advantage. in flouting the rules they did just that. Otherwise, bin the rules and let everyone do what they want.

The idea that it's just sour grapes is frankly ridiculous.

Unread 22-05-2024, 09:03 AM
MUFC One Love

We have spent money, yes, but in an unorganised fashion.

Panic buying etc.

We could spend less and achieve more and progress. Hopefully now we will.