United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2013, 11:13 AM
andyroo

The penalty incident was a foul tackle, and a red card for denying goalscoring opportunity, those aspects of the decision were perfectly correct. It was outside the box so no penalty, but one thing it wasn't was a dive.

Unread 17-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
The penalty incident was a foul tackle, and a red card for denying goalscoring opportunity, those aspects of the decision were perfectly correct. It was outside the box so no penalty, but one thing it wasn't was a dive.
it continued into the box, so for me it's a 100% penalty. why should the defender be allowed to have the benefit of where he first manages to catch the attacker if he's still fouling him in the box ffs

Unread 17-09-2013, 11:19 AM
TC23 Henchasaurus

My issue with it is that the referee was clearly unsure.

Even though it's United and I'm glad he gave it he really shouldn't unless he's certain. I hope we get three like that on Sunday and I hope they're all Ashley Young.

I don't give a £#%&! what the media or other teams fans think but he shouldn't have given that because he was blatantly guessing.

Unread 17-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC23 Henchasaurus

Even though it's United and I'm glad he gave it he really shouldn't unless he's certain. I hope we get three like that on Sunday and I hope they're all Ashley Young.

I don't give a £#%&! what the media or other teams fans think but he shouldn't have given that because he was blatantly guessing.
was he unsure though? or is he just a procrastinator?

people seem to think he asked the linesman if it was inside the box, but he could just as easily have asked him if it was outside. In other words, he thought it was inside and was checking, rather than he thought it might not have been. The linesman couldn't help so he went with what he saw himself. Good refereeing, not bad refereeing.

Unread 17-09-2013, 11:26 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it continued into the box, so for me it's a 100% penalty. why should the defender be allowed to have the benefit of where he first manages to catch the attacker if he's still fouling him in the box ffs
Not just for you but also for FIFA.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afde...t_en_47379.pdf

But then wny let a little thing like the letter of the law get in the way of a good old fashioned round of United conspiracy theory?

Unread 17-09-2013, 11:27 AM
TC23 Henchasaurus

Quote:

people seem to think he asked the linesman if it was inside the box, but he could just as easily have asked him if it was outside. In other words, he thought it was inside and was checking, rather than he thought it might not have been. The linesman couldn't help so he went with what he saw himself. Good refereeing, not bad refereeing.
It doesn't really alter the question whether he asked the lino if it was in or outside the box does it?

He's still saying 'I'm not 100% certain' It was good refereeing to ask the question but for me the moment the linesman said "can't help you" then he has to say 'no penalty'

I am assuming their instruction is to not give it unless they're certain.

Unread 17-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
It doesn't really alter the question whether he asked the lino if it was in or outside the box does it?

He's still saying 'I'm not 100% certain' It was good refereeing to ask the question but for me the moment the linesman said "can't help you" then he has to say 'no penalty'

I am assuming their instruction is to not give it unless they're certain.
I think it does. He thinks it's inside. He asks the linesman for a 2nd opinion. His opinion wasn't contradicted by the linesman so he gives the penalty. Simple really.

Unread 17-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Not just for you but also for FIFA.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afde...t_en_47379.pdf

But then wny let a little thing like the letter of the law get in the way of a good old fashioned round of United conspiracy theory?
which bit are you pointing at? what page?

Unread 17-09-2013, 12:12 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
which bit are you pointing at? what page?
Sorry, bad form of me. Bottom point of page 15.

Unread 17-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Sorry, bad form of me. Bottom point of page 15.
well there it is, in the rules

that means that if a referee fails to delay a decision in any incident like that and gives the FK outside the box he is effectively cheating as well

Unread 17-09-2013, 01:53 PM
puressence

Rooney against arsenal wen we beat em 2 nil camopbell never touched him. That's worse than anything young has done and cr was it bolton at home not sure and spuds away no contact.

Unread 17-09-2013, 04:19 PM
shenwen

Quote:
dive :shakehead:

those fouls are given 90% or more of the time ffs

some people just don't really understand what is a foul tackle and what isn't.
Should have been clearer. I meant the yellow card Pires-style dive to try and get a penalty. The second one was a definite foul.

Unread 17-09-2013, 04:36 PM
jem

Quote:
Ronaldo and RvN were regularly slated for diving right enough, but I've not heard Rooney slated I don't think. He's had a bit of stick in the media for it maybe, but not at games.

He clearly is a diver, but I think Young gets fouled a lot and is very easy to foul as well because of how skinny he is and how odd his running style is. He's also fast, nippy and runs directly at people. Maybe his side-step isn't up to scratch? He certainly needs to find a way to get fouled less obviously.
oh, sure. and pires never cheated, he just ran like a duck.

Quote:

I don't care what the media or fans of other teams (or even united fans) say: it was a disgraceful attempt to cheat. he deserved to get booked. not only should moyes say he's chastised him; young should apologise (like rooney did) and prove he's sorry by never £#%&!ing doing it again if allowed back in the team after christmas.

Quote:

blind refereeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Rooney against arsenal wen we beat em 2 nil camopbell never touched him. That's worse than anything young has done and cr was it bolton at home not sure and spuds away no contact.
your stupidity knows no end. campbell fouled rooney by impeding him. it was as blatant a penalty as you will ever see, you dope.

Unread 17-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
oh, sure. and pires never cheated, he just ran like a duck.

cha-cha young (jemba jemba)
Closed Thread