United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Is Beckham a United Legend?
Yes 21 42.86%
No 28 57.14%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Schmeichel is a @#%&!. fantastic player for us and best keeper I've ever seen. then he went and spoiled it all by signing for those @#%&!s and conducting the Munich singing choir when they won the World Cup against us.

which makes him a complete @#%&!.

Spot on mate.

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:30 PM
£#%&! KFC

when @#%&!face Schmeichel left United and joined Sporting he said...''I left England because I could not play against United''

less than a year later we lined up agaunst Villa with him in the opposing net

which makes him a LIAR ....no surprise where he ended up then

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
when @#%&!face Schmeichel left United and joined Sporting he said...''I left England because I could not play against United''

less than a year later we lined up agaunst Villa with him in the opposing net

which makes him a LIAR ....no surprise where he ended up then

Keano well and truly put him in his place.

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy

Bryan Robson
Peter Schmeichel
Ryan Giggs
Paul Scholes
Roy Keane
Eric Cantona
Mark Hughes

I'd like to know what others have as their criteria for a legend and who they consider legends.
So you'd put Schmeichel in ahead of Beckham and Ole? Absolute %@#$&!s.

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Yes Schmeichel is debatable - i have him in there though because he was dedicated to the cause when he was our player and i think he did have an affinity to the club and the fans when he was our player but mostly because he was just SO incredibly good.

Ince was another one that could have been a legend, as a player he had it all in his prime but i dont think he really ever had that connection to the club which was proved when he signed for the vermin.

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Yes Schmeichel is debatable - i have him in there though because he was dedicated to the cause when he was our player and i think he did have an affinity to the club and the fans when he was our player but mostly because he was just SO incredibly good.

Ince was another one that could have been a legend, as a player he had it all in his prime but i dont think he really ever had that connection to the club which was proved when he signed for the vermin.

A slight touch of hypocrisy in that post.

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
So you'd put Schmeichel in ahead of Beckham and Ole? Absolute %@#$&!s.
Ole is a really really tough one, he is as close to being a legend as you can possibly get but all those seasons of being a sub leaves a question mark. yes i know he has proved himself time and time again by coming off the bench and scoring but i'm not quite sure if he should be considered a legend or not. So tough that one.

I do put schmeichel ahead of beckham though. although beckham had a couple of good seasons schmeichel was a one off. I also feel that towards the end our football became very predictable with beckham playing a lot of long balls. For me beckham never had the all-round game to be classed as a legend.

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:47 PM
El Calafate

Ole is a legend full stop. nft.

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:47 PM
£#%&! KFC

stick to pub football you £#%&!in clown

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
the most gutted i've been when i player left was:

Stam, Whiteside, Kanchelskis and Veron. they are more legends to me than some others mentioned. nft.
Veron?

I can understand the others but IMO Carrick has already done more in half a season that Veron did in two full seasons. Not having a dig just wonder what your rationale is for that one?...

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Saxon

Quote:
Ole is a really really tough one, he is as close to being a legend as you can possibly get but all those seasons of being a sub leaves a question mark. yes i know he has proved himself time and time again by coming off the bench and scoring but i'm not quite sure if he should be considered a legend or not. So tough that one.
Are you avin a laff!? ( in a non extras stylee )

EDIT: Wum

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
stick to pub football you £#%&!in clown
come on mate call a truce will ya, were just having a normal footie discussion...

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:56 PM
El Calafate

Veron was class. gutted when he left. nft.

Unread 12-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Part 36 Offer

El calafate, how can a drug cheat be considered a legend?

Unread 12-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon
Are you avin a laff!? ( in a non extras stylee )

EDIT: Wum
I'm willing to accept that i may be wrong on that one, my rationale is that when Ole started games he often didnt do all that well. I'm not a stats man but if you look at the games Ole started and look at how many goals he got i think you will find it was not anywhere as prolific as when he came on as a sub. Why that is i'm not sure. In many departments he hits legend heights and he's certainly going to be remembered as a special player.

£#%&! it i'm wrong lets get him in there!

Unread 12-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Saxon

Quote:
I'm willing to accept that i may be wrong on that one, my rationale is that when Ole started games he often didnt do all that well. I'm not a stats man but if you look at the games Ole started and look at how many goals he got i think you will find it was not anywhere as prolific as when he came on as a sub. Why that is i'm not sure. In many departments he hits legend heights and he's certainly going to be remembered as a special player.

£#%&! it i'm wrong lets get him in there!
Good man!

The crock on Rob Lee was enough for me.

Unread 12-01-2007, 05:14 PM
£#%&! KFC

what makes me really piss LMC is that you are so at the forefront of the campaign against those Glazer @#%&!s that you don't even know why Ole is a legend...and it has nothing to do with his football...although he is a legend ALSO for his football

I suggest you ask some of your fellow martyrs why OGS is the greatest ever United player to many....although I'm not holding out too much hope they will fill you in, although I could, but I won't

Unread 12-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

The Ole Supersub tag is a bit of a myth actually, even if he has always been a brilliant sub. Not sure these days, but his ratio of goals per game used to be virtually the same as a starter as when he came on as a sub.

I'm off to check

Unread 12-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Rorschach

Some good work there LMC.

For me Beckham first wandered from path to legendary status when a certain couple of girls came along to do the cash-dash draw.

I have now reconciled my grievances against his travelling circus & think the move to America is very well suited to him and his wife. Style over substance, indeed.

My legends would be:

Eric, Robbo, Ole, Keano, Scholes, Giggs, Sparky, Norman and maybe one day, Nemanja!

Unread 12-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
what makes me really piss LMC is that you are so at the forefront of the campaign against those Glazer @#%&!s that you don't even know why Ole is a legend...and it has nothing to do with his football...although he is a legend ALSO for his football

I suggest you ask some of your fellow martyrs why OGS is the greatest ever United player to many....although I'm not holding out too much hope they will fill you in, although I could, but I won't
I understand well why Ole is held in such high regard...
Closed Thread