United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 07-03-2024, 06:26 PM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It was a dark time. Misty-eyed red aots completely disregarding him having zero qualifications for the job, convincing themselves it was a great idea on the basis of nostalgia and feelings.

A CEO completely clueless and just happy he'd taken the heat off himself for a bit with the deluded support. It would have been evil genius on Woodward's part if he'd meant it.

Meanwhile Klopp and Pep cleaning up at home and abroad.

Just awful.
Yeah thank god things are so much better now

Unread 08-03-2024, 05:07 PM
suedeshoes

I won't hear a bad work said against Ole. He has given me so many moments of happiness.

Very underrated footballer. Was a better player than the other strikers we had IMO (but obviously Cole and Yorke together were something very special)

It didn't work out for him as manager but he tried his best. He was let down and maybe his best wasn't good enough in the end but I £#%&!ing love him.

Unread 08-03-2024, 05:36 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
I won't hear a bad work said against Ole. He has given me so many moments of happiness.

Very underrated footballer. Was a better player than the other strikers we had IMO (but obviously Cole and Yorke together were something very special)

It didn't work out for him as manager but he tried his best. He was let down and maybe his best wasn't good enough in the end but I £#%&!ing love him.

Unread 08-03-2024, 06:03 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Unread 08-03-2024, 09:42 PM
larry

Quote:
Was a better player than the other strikers we had IMO
he played with cantona, cole, mcclair, macken, nevland, sheringham, healy, yorke, webber, forlan, ruud, nardiello, timm, bellion, saha, ronaldo, ebanks-blake, rossi, rooney, campbell, dong, larsson

better player than all those yeah?

Unread 08-03-2024, 10:57 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
he played with cantona, cole, mcclair, macken, nevland, sheringham, healy, yorke, webber, forlan, ruud, nardiello, timm, bellion, saha, ronaldo, ebanks-blake, rossi, rooney, campbell, dong, larsson

better player than all those yeah?
No way he was better than Dong.

Unread 08-03-2024, 11:57 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

No way was he a better striker than most he played with. He was a great finisher and great impact player. When he started you could often see his limitations.

#bossesknow

Unread 09-03-2024, 01:59 AM
Ethers

Unread 09-03-2024, 07:52 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
No way was he a better striker than most he played with. He was a great finisher and great impact player. When he started you could often see his limitations.

#bossesknow
He was a much better all round player than he was given credit for I always felt. So savvy in his decision making.

Unread 09-03-2024, 08:54 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
The Ole comment is being completely misrepresented. He said that he asked lads to out their hand up if they did or didn’t want to play. He doesn’t then say anyone did, or whether it was to coming on or going off, then people have looked at the subs as a reason to pile into Rashford.

The Scottish Player came off and, for all his faults, he’s the last player you’d expect to not step up in terms of a desire to play, but that one seems to be getting ignored

There’s plenty to criticise Rashford for atm without resorting to this

Unread 09-03-2024, 09:57 AM
Hans Rimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
He was a much better all round player than he was given credit for I always felt. So savvy in his decision making.
Loved him as a player, never disappointed to see him in the team. He got even better all the way up to his injury breakdown in 03.

If there was one thing I’d say, he probably lacked explosive pace, but his trickery and finishing was up there with the best.

Unread 09-03-2024, 10:15 AM
believe

Quote:

#bossesknow
Bit harsh I think the impact sub thing was overplayed because he was a very intelligent footballer. The season he covered for Beckham on the right was probably his best and most consistent season.

Unread 09-03-2024, 10:47 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Got to be careful what I say as don’t want more red…

I’m not saying he wasn’t a good player - obviously he was. But he wasn’t better than Ruud or Yorke or Cole or Rooney or Sheringham.

If he was, Fergie would have started him more. He was a pretty decent judge of talent.

Unread 09-03-2024, 10:49 AM
Ethers

He was definitely better than Teddy ffs

Unread 09-03-2024, 10:52 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Got to be careful what I say as don’t want more red…

I’m not saying he wasn’t a good player - obviously he was. But he wasn’t better than Ruud or Yorke or Cole or Rooney or Sheringham.

If he was, Fergie would have started him more. He was a pretty decent judge of talent.
He was better than Teddy FFS ...

Unread 09-03-2024, 10:57 AM
suedeshoes

I was meaning when he was up against Yorke and Cole (and Sheringham). I think he was a better footballer than them but obviously what they had was very special.

I wasn't comparing him with all the other strikers who'd been at the club whilst he had.

Unread 09-03-2024, 10:58 AM
Ethers

Quote:
He was definitely better than Teddy ffs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He was better than Teddy FFS ...

Unread 09-03-2024, 11:15 AM
Coracao

Quote:
I was meaning when he was up against Yorke and Cole (and Sheringham). I think he was a better footballer than them but obviously what they had was very special.

I wasn't comparing him with all the other strikers who'd been at the club whilst he had.
A strange take.

Unread 09-03-2024, 12:17 PM
Offerington

Quote:
Was such a great chant that. I'll always love Ole.

Looked like he genuinely might be next big thing at one point. huge shame